Chapter Ten

They second guessed her, the child of a Shelby, they called her a half-blood, although that is no longer true

They second guessed her, the child of a Shelby, they called her a half-blood, although that is no longer true. So she told a story from long ago. After all she was their HEIRESS.

*******************************************************************************************

Morgan loved her family, they may be interesting and a little strange, well murderous she should say they were deities after all, but she loved them all deeply. Morgan with the help of her little map was dodging the Headmaster every left and right turn. She loved it, it was exhilarating, a chase and she just loved it, it was like tag, but this time she would win. After her family had a big meeting with the Headmaster along with Uncle Lucy, both Morgan and Draco were moved into the fifth year class lesson time and being taught by Professor Slytherin. Dumbledore had pleaded they keep this quiet, what had happened in the classroom.

Tommy Shelby didn't give a shit about being quiet and took the test to the Auror's showing Madame Bones just exactly what the students were being taught and what that heinous man had written on a young girls test. Then came the brilliant work of Madame Bones, who was quite determined to put the man away. So the brunette had made it her mission to interview everyone who had ever had contact with Lockhart in his travels.

The next morning Lockhart was arrested, he had obliviated the minds of many witches and wizards and stole their stories, their adventures to make himself famous. They had also found something they wish to keep tight lipped about, but Morgan's papa was there, he knows just exactly what the man was going to do, or what he had been doing. Morgan had asked just exactly what it was, but from the look on her papa's face, she knew it was involved with her. She didn't ask again, but did whisper to her papa, that she was very happy to see him receive the right punishment. She really didn't think losing your memories was good enough punishment. People still fawned over him when he didn't remember a thing. Now his name would be tarnished for good.  

Finally stepping into the Slytherin common room, Morgan stayed silent as she listened to an older boy start questioning her blood purity. "She's probably only half Shelby, and half muggleborn." He had scoffed, his friends smirking and nodding in agreement. "She can't even fight for herself against other people, daddy has to come protect her. She uses the Shelby name to her own benefits." He continued to say, downgrading the Shelby heiress.

"Shut up!" Draco shouted from his place, still no one had seen her watching the scene unfold in front of her. "Do not speak ill of Morgan, she is a Shelby through and through!" Draco continued defending his cousin.

"Yeah! Well what about her mother! Who is her mother! Do you know!" Another older boy shouted, making Draco freeze up. Morgan had never spoken of her mother to him, but he didn't care, Morgan is his cousin, his family. 

Morgan shakes her head before she speaks up, "that's some interesting accusations you are making of my family and I." Everyone turned sharp facing the girl, who stood with perfect posture and a raised brow. She then turned to the boy who first spoke, "I am a pureblood, my mama's family were not part of the sacred 29 because they didn't believe in it," she started to explain. "Mama and papa meet in Ireland papa was doing some work of sorts, he stopped in a muggle pub, wanted to start some investments with the owner who was a squib." She continued her eyes holding something hollow in them. "It was like a fairy tale, love at first sight, papa continued to visit her under a glamour so our enemies wouldn't attack her. My papa married the woman he loved, and I was born, I don't know much about her, I only had her for my first two years of life, a rival of the Shelby family caught wind of my mama and papa being married." Morgan whispered.

"Morgan." Draco whispered gently taking her hand. Morgan held it tightly.

"The man broke into our home, my mama died protecting me, now don't think she went down without a fight, she had killed him before he could cast a spell at me, which is exactly what he intended to do," Morgan clarified. "Mama's last words from what the portraits told him, were 'my sweet Morgan, I will always be with you, fight hard and be who you were born to be.' She died holding me in her arms, I was two and I didn't understand why she wouldn't wake up." She murmured. "Papa found me shaking her body, pleading for my mama to wake up. Papa to this day refuses to allow me to be alone, he doesn't want to lose me like he lost my mama." Morgan finished, now scanning the room, the pure-blooded children were crying. They felt her pain.

"What was your mother's name?" Theo asked coming to her side. 

Morgan smiled. "Grace Helen Shelby. The bravest woman I had ever known." Morgan says. "She had blonde hair that fell around her shoulders in curls, blue eyes that sparkled brightly, and a smile that made all the angels in heaven jealous, that's what papa told me." She said as she walked to a chair and sat down. "Papa always told me their love story every night when I would go to bed," Morgan continued, before pulling a locket from under her school clothes showing everyone the intricate design on the metal. "This was hers, inside is a photo of her holding me and smiling up at the camera. Papa gave it to me when I turned three, so she was with me every day."  

Everyone was quiet, a lull of silence. Morgan was grateful that no one asked questions, so she stood, leaving everyone in the common room, going to her own room. Laying down on her bed she smiled gently seeing two picture moving. One was of the real Thomas and Grace Shelby, the King and Queen of Small Heath, Birmingham. The other side held a photo of James and Lily Potter, holding her int heir arms as they smiled. "Thank you Mister Shelby, for letting me tell Grace's story even if it's not the right one, but one day I will bring the greatness of the Peaky Blinders into the wizarding world." She whispered, thinking about the intimidating man. He would have been a great wizard had he been born with magic. He would have done right by them.

Getting up she went and changed into her pyjama's and fell asleep gripping tightly to the locket that once belonged to an Irish barmaid with a voice that could make the men weep.