Chapter Two

It was in that moment she found her saviour

It was in that moment she found her saviour. It was in that moment she found someone who loved her and cared for her.

********************************************************************************************

Waking up once more, Morgan stretched her arms above her head, but when her hands hit the solid wall she was confused. Blinking her eyes she took note of the weird roof above her. A soft little groan left her lips as she sat up, seeing the cupboard walls once more. Random belongings that the Dursley's had collected littered the tiny cupboard, leaving the tiny girl to curl into a tight ball whenever she was sleeping, or being punished.

When she thought about those punishment's that's when she started to become fearful. Her breaths ragged, trying to be quiet as she did not want to wake these monstrous people she was meant to call family. "D-Death." She stuttered quietly. Hope filling her body as she waited for the deity. But when the soft clicking of her cupboard door alerted her to someone's presence she started shaking, her eyes filling with tears waiting for Vernon to slam the door open and drag her from the cupboard by her hair, and the beating would begin. Her eyes clinched tightly together but nothing happened.

But the scent of a cigarette alerted to her to the presence. Opening her eyes the little girl looked up to see Death. She quietly and quickly lunged at the deity, her shivers rocking her tiny form furiously. Death holding her in his arms tightly. Soft words of comfort reaching her ears, as Death's thick Brummie accent calmed her. "I'm here little one, and I'm not leaving you, I promise." Death whispered, as the little girls legs wrapped around his waist, the deity standing up from his position on the floor. 

The man looked around the home, anger in his blue eyes as he spotted dry blood on the walls, blood that belonged to the young girl in his arms, blood she would have to clean in her older years, taking a week to clean it off. Gritting his teeth, the deity calmed himself before making his way outside, leaving the stupid door open, wanting the rotten family to know that their little money bank was gone. Death walked slowly down the cold streets, holding the girl tightly to him as the cold air tickled the girls exposed skin. Stopping Death placed Morgan onto her feet the tiny form of the girl looking at him in confusion.

Death slipped his coat off his shoulders draping it over the little girl of only 3'5'', much to short for a six year old. The coat was massive on her, the actual thing dragging on the cement, the sleeves reaching to the bloody floor as well. It was cute though, it made her look innocent. Picking her up once again the two made their way down the street.

"Death?" Morgan questioned looking at the deity. "How old am I right now and why I am I this old?" She asked, her eyes big and her emerald eyes sparkling.

"You are six years old little one." Death answered. "I wanted to give you a better childhood before you went back to Hogwarts, and what better age then six." He said.

Morgan nodded in understanding. "Why are you walking, and where are we going?" She questioned next. Her childlike curiosity shinning brightly.

Death chuckled softly a smile on his face. "Well, we are going to Diagon Alley, to get you an inheritance test and a blood adoption. Why we are walking is because you are much to small and injured to go through wizarding travel, I would rather you were not hurt more." He answered her questions. 

Morgan hummed before seeing it was still dark out and being so young she was extremely tired. More so then she used to be. Blinking her eyes fluttered close, her soft breath hitting Death's neck, and her tiny hands gripping his suit jacket tightly.

Death smiled softly as they continued down the street. Finally. Finally little Morgan Ada Potter was free, and Death would make certain that the young girl would be safe, much safer then her past life. Turning the corner Death smirked seeing his younger brother under the streetlamp, cigarette hanging from his lips. "Life, what do I owe the pleasure?" Death asked continuing past the young man, Death casting a silencing charm on the little girl in his arms, making sure she wouldn't wake.

"Nothing, got bored, heard from Mother, that you were bringing back the chosen one of the Wizarding World." Life answered as they walked the street together. "And here I find you walking the streets with the chosen one in your arms and since she is one of my favourites I had to know."

Death hummed, before he spoke up. "I already talked to Mother, and she agreed to let me bring her back and give her another chance."

"But she never said that you had to be the one to look after her." Life stated. Death stopped walking and stared ahead. "Death, you're my brother, we may not see everything eye to eye, but this time I do see where you are coming from, you know I hated what happened to her, more then any of the other lives we look after the most" Life continued watching his brother cautiously. "I want to help her, just as much as you do." Life finished.

Death remained silent, before looking into his brothers eyes. "Thank you." 

This left Life shocked, the man in front of him had never said a thank you to anyone before, not even a sorry was ever given to anyone. But here Death was thanking him, thanking his polar opposite. Life smirked. "Call me when she's ready to meet other people, I don't want to overload the little Mistress of Death, least I lose my head." Life chuckled as he slipped into the darkness, leaving Death and little Morgan alone.

Death smiled, before continuing on his mission to the Leaky Cauldron so that he could get his Mistress to the Goblins and have the inheritance test she needed, and to finally give her a family she deserved. And with a little bit of his own power, and Life's, he may just cause more mayhem in the Wizarding world. I wonder how the world would feel if a Shelby was a Pureblood. A high ranking family in the sacred 28, but now the scared 29. With their name at the top.

Oh, it was going to be a fun time for him, his little Mistress was going to rock the Wizarding World. And he would have the best seat to the show.