Chapter Two

She learns of the wolf

She learns of the wolf. She chooses to sit by him. But she does not owe him anything from her. He is but a stranger to her. 

**********************************************************************************************

Morgan and the twins had finished packing for Hogwarts, Morgan was making sure everything she needed was inside her trunk, Emrys was lounging on her bed as his tail swished back and forth, watching his little heiress mutter to herself. "Okay, I have everything I need." She said happily with a smile on her face. Morgan's and Emrys's attention went to the door, a knock heard. "Come in." Morgan called out with a gentle smile.

Tommy opened the door, as he strides inside, the door closing behind him. "Good morning little one." Tommy whispered as the pair hugged one another, Morgan snuggling into her papa's hold, taking in his smell. Morgan hated when she had to leave, it truly hurt her in more ways than one, her papa was her hero, her safety. It hurt to leave him.

"Good morning papa, how are you?" Morgan asked softly as she sat on her bed, petting Emrys, the giant feline purring louder at the affection.

Tommy sighed as he squatted in front of his daughter, a worried look in his icy blue eyes. "I'm fine little one, but I know Lord Slytherin is watching over Defence, I received a letter from the board of Hogwarts, they asked if one Remus Lupin could teach from first to fourth year, Morgan, I gave permission for him to teach." Tommy said to her as he held her hands in his. He watched as Morgan frowned softly biting her bottom lip in thought.

She didn't really know how to feel in that moment, Morgan hadn't even thought of Remus and Sirius in a long time. She didn't really have too. They to her weren't family anymore, not to her, not now. She didn't want to think about either of them, she didn't want to care. She had to live with the fact that Sirius only ever saw her as James, his best friend, not her. She hated that Remus didn't fight for her, fight back. It hurt her to know they never fought for her; they just saw James.

"I don't mind," Morgan started. "Remus and Sirius are in the past, my future is as a Shelby and as the future Lady Slytherin, I'm not Morgan Potter, I'm Morgan Shelby, and if they don't like that, then they don't need to be in my life, I have my family," she finished smiling gently at her papa. "Were you worried, that I would be mad with you?" She asked her papa gently.

Tommy chuckled as he nodded his head. "I was a little." He spoke. Morgan smiled as she leant a little closer and pet his head.

"You should never have to worry papa; I would never be mad with you." She said. The two hugged once more, as Tommy got up and took her luggage, the family now heading to Platform 9 ¾.

Appearing in the station, Morgan and the twins said goodbye to their families, the twins even hugging Arthur and John, but avoiding Tommy, he was a scary man. So, they saluted him instead. Morgan shook her head at their playful ways as she hugged her papa. "See you at Yule. And this time, it'll be around Yule time, we don't need any more visits." She giggled. Tommy laughed as he let his daughter go. The young witch hugged the rest of her family, tearfully hugging Aphrodite as the woman hadn't been able to spend time with her, Zeus had been an ass, so all the Olympians had to sort his shit out... again.

George quickly scooped Morgan up, carrying her to the train. "Make way for the Shelby Queen!" The twins cried as they stepped inside the train, everyone laughing at the two brothers. Who now shared the same colour hair as Morgan, though the streaks of red hair were still seen. They looked for an empty carriage but only came to find one with someone inside, fast asleep. Morgan clenched her fists but didn't say anything as the three sat on the opposite side of the man. 

Morgan wished she could have sat with Draco, but their carriage was full to the brim, something about planning a surprise for someone, mainly her, so she couldn't go in. She was quite sad she couldn't find out; she hated not knowing. Draco simply grinned at her as the twins dragged her away, the blonde waving at his cousin with a smile.

When the train was finally moving the three spoke softly as not to wake the man before them. Storm clouds, like dark ghosts, toss sheets of rain onto the scarlet engine as it heads to Hogwarts. The compartment was lit by the soft glow of the lanterns that hung on the walls, Morgan was standing as she spoke, she was getting tired from sitting so decided to move around.

"Papa wanted me to tell you both that you'll be resorted, I have a feeling the hat put you both in Gryffindor because of the old coot." Morgan whispered to the brothers.

"We know." They said. "We pleaded to be put in Slytherin. The hat said he couldn't."

Morgan hummed in thought, "I am pleased the hat put me in Slytherin." She said gently. Just then the compartment rattle. Lanterns flicker. The train lurches, beginning to slow. Morgan having fallen forward, the twins catching her.

"You, okay?" George asked his little sister. She nods her head in confirmation, as they let her go. Morgan goes to the door and slides it open as she peers into the corridor. All along the carriage, heads look out curiously. Then the train jerks the car sways and the lamps running along the ceiling flicker and... die. One... by... one. Until all is dark.

"What's going on?" Fred questions as he pulls Morgan to stand behind the pair. A thin wisp of steam escapes Fred's mouth.

"The dementors." Morgan says with a frown, but how is that possible, Sirius never escaped, he was still locked up.

Fred and George quickly grabbed their wands out, Morgan was curious though to see what was happening, why it was happening. Who had escaped or who were they after. Suddenly the car sways violently... rights itself. The metal window trim behind them begins to vibrate. A soft crackling fills the car and flames bloom. Morgan sees Remus beside her, in the shivering light, his face looked tired and gray, but his eyes are alert. Wary.

"Don't. Move." He orders the three.

A hand, slimy and scabbed, a hand of death, grips the half-open compartment and pushes it aside. A towering, cloaked figure, its face hidden beneath its black hood. The folds of the hood tremble. A chill rattling intake of air is heard. The flames in Remus's hands sputter. Morgan stays where she is as she tilts her head in thought. "Why are you here?" She questions firmly.

The Dementor looks to her, hearing her voice, as it floats closer to her. A being of death. She listens as it responds to her telling her what she wanted to know.

"Be on your way, we don't have them in here with us, and be sure to avoid the rest of the students, we don't need a death on the train." She said suddenly as Fred and George stay by her side. The dementor shivers, before turning away from them, continuing on with its job. 

They waited for some time, before the train began to move once more, Morgan sighed gently as she sat on the chairs, she felt troubled by what the dementor had told her. She wasn't impressed either. Her papa's poor creations being subjected to work that Auror's could easily do. How horrible.