Chapter Seven

When the cousin saw the look in her eyes, he made sure to keep her out of reach of the man who created that look, and into the safety of his Lords magic and arms

*******************************************************************************************

When the whole class was seated, Lockhart cleared his throat loudly and silence fell. He reached forward, picked up Neville's copy of Travels with Trolls and held it up to show his own, winking portrait on the front. "Me," he said pointing at it and winking as well, "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile award – but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

He had waited for the class to laugh; a few people smiled weakly. Morgan and Draco shared a look, her eyes asking him if her were being serious. "I see you've all brought a complete set of my books – well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about – just to check how well you've read them; how much you've taken in..." He started as the paper's fluttered onto their tables. Morgan's was a little different, and it slightly freaked her out, considering it had a little letter written on the top, telling her she looked fantastic in her uniform.

Showing it to Draco the young Malfoy, was ready to stand and throw spells at the idiot but Morgan held him back. "I'm uncomfortable." She whispered, as she slipped the test into her bag. Rising from her chair, her and Draco quickly tried to leave.

"Where are you two going?" Lockhart asked. 

Draco turned facing the man. "Away from you, you creep!" He shouted shoving Morgan out of the classroom and to Professor Slytherin's classroom. As the two went down into the dungeons, Draco made sure that Morgan was in front of him the whole time, not wanting anything or anyone to grab her. "Can't believe he thinks it's alright to write something like that on a students worksheet." Draco scoffed as they got to Professor Slytherin's classroom.

Morgan didn't say anything, she just sniffled, lifting her hand she knocked on the door. Waiting for it to open the two looked around the area making sure no one was around. When the door opened they saw Professor Slytherin looking at the two with a raised eyebrow. "That didn't take long?" He asked the young girl, and when she didn't say anything, just sniffled, he moved out of the way letting the two into the classroom.

Fifth year Ravenclaw's and Slytherin's frowned seeing the two second years. Morgan face was more concerning for them. It was much paler then normal, her eyes were a little duller, and she was shivering like she was scared. "What happened?" Professor Slytherin asked them both.

Draco held his cousin's hand in silent comfort before speaking up to the Professor, "Lockhart handed out this quiz, it was only about himself, like every question, but it was Morgan's quiz paper that got us freaked out, he wrote on it saying she looked fantastic in her uniform." 

Professor Slytherin was shocked to hear those words come out of the Malfoy heir's mouth, "do you have the paper?" He questioned. Morgan slipped the paper out of her bag an handed it to the man, seeing the little letter written at the top of the paper, he was seething. "You both are staying in this classroom. I want you both in here when you have Defence, understand." He ordered, Malfoy nodded as he took Morgan to a seat, both sitting in between two fifth year Slytherin's the two coddling them as the Slytherin girl hugged Morgan to her side. 

The Ravenclaw's were surprised to see the attentive care that the Slytherin's were giving the two second years, the male Slytherin's calming the raging Malfoy, and the female Slytherin's consoling the young Shelby heiress. The young girl sniffled as she would hold tightly onto her senior housemate. It was a sweet sight to see, and it made them envious of the two second year students, but it gave them a new light to the Slytherin's. Professor Slytherin turned back to the front of the class continuing to teach the students, but kept the quiz locked tight in his desk to stop anyone from taking it and destroying the evidence.

The fifth years continued their work as some work landed in front of Morgan and Draco, the two working in silence supporting each other in their work if they got confused, Draco asking more then Morgan as the young witch was quite adapt to the lesson's that should have been taught to them.

When it was halfway through the lesson they were interrupted by their Headmaster walking into the room, "Headmaster, what is the problem?" Slytherin asked the old man, he had an inkling to why he was here, and it happened to be the two Slytherin second years still working quietly, ignoring the Headmaster.

"My dear boy, I was informed by Professor Lockhart that two of his second year students walked out of his class, and I was told I would find the two here." Dumbledore stated with that stupid twinkle in his eyes. "I am here to escort the two back to their class."

Morgan halted in her writing before turning back to the Headmaster. "I would rather die then go back to that despicable man's classroom," she declared before turning back to her work.

Draco then turned facing the Headmaster. "I want to be no where near a man who thinks it is okay to comment on a twelve year old girls looks and telling her on paper that she looks fantastic in her uniform." The Malfoy heir said before turning back to his own work as well. 

"And if you need proof of this, I have the supposed quiz here." Slytherin said waving the paper in front of Dumbledore. "I have also alerted the Auror's and Miss Shelby's father, along with Lord Malfoy as to why his son left as well." Slytherin continued with a smirk on his face, "if you will excuse us Headmaster, the two second years have actual work to do, not a quiz about a selfish human being." Slytherin said keeping the paper on himself. "I will keep this as well, lest someone destroy the evidence."

Dumbledore was left stunned, before making his way out of the room, leaving them to their work. "Let's continue please." Slytherin said continuing the lesson with the fifth years. Both Draco and Morgan glad to have their Professor on their side, along with the two houses in the classroom. This was what it should be like, unity and fighting alongside each other. This is what it was meant to be like.

After all that's why the founder's created Hogwarts, for everyone to meet allies of magic, and the houses being created for healthy competitive spirit. This was why Hogwarts existed. Now she just needed to show everyone that was what this school was all about.