Chapter Two

Books were her safe haven, the stories were what she believed of the world, and when she found the world wasn't the same she made it her own story

**********************************************************************************************

Morgan was dressed in her finest black dress, she wanted to emulate her papa while she was out with the Malfoy family. She placed her trench coat on and slipped on her kitten heels, she turned and looked into the mirror happy with the way she looked. Skipping out of her room she saw her papa waiting to send her off, the young witch wanting to do this on her own, sort of, with the Malfoy family. "Do you have everything you need?" Tommy asked his daughter. He had to make sure she truly had everything on her, the last time she left she had forgotten to take her money pouch, and had even forgotten her wand. 

"Yes papa, I have Micah, I have my wand, I have my money pouch, and I have my heir rings on me as well." She said smiling brightly. She was very excited to be going to Diagon Alley to be with her best friend.

"Make sure you thank Lord and Lady Malfoy for taking you with them alright little one." Tommy said to her as he straightened her coats collar. "Be good and remember you're a Shelby through and through." 

Morgan nodded and with a tight hug, a kiss on her papa's cheek she was off, she was walking to Malfoy manor, well she skipped. She never gave a care about what people thought of her, they were still scared of her anyway. When she was at the front gates, Dobby the house elf greeted her and brought her into the manor. Spotting Draco first she smirked and placed her hands over his eyes. "Guess who?" She asked with a giggle.

"Hmm, is it Dobby?" He asked playing along with the game.

"No."

"Is it, maybe, Goyle?"

"No!" She squealed laughing even more now.

"Then it must be Angel!" He cried spinning around and hugging her tightly. "Hello sissy." He greeted the young witch.

"Hello Dragon, how are you?" She asked.

"I am well, and you?" He asked her in return. 

"I'm very well actually, and a little excited for this trip." She giggled. The two chatted a little while longer when Lucius and Narcissa greeted the two, Morgan wrapped her arm around Narcissa's arm the woman apparating them to Diagon Alley. When they landed Narcissa was worried the young witch might be sick, but she was surprised to see the young girl looking even more energetic then before.

Lucius and Draco were next to appear, Draco was a little queasy but was ultimately fine. The Lord and Lady walked ahead of the two cousins, while Draco and Morgan smirked from behind them, the four separated for the time being as the cousins went to Flourish and Blotts first, they wanted to get their books first. "Can you believe we have to read Lockhart's books." Draco complained as they thread their way through a chattering throng of middle-aged ladies, all craning their necks for a view of Lockhart, who sits signing books at the rear of the shop.

Morgan rolled her eyes already annoyed with the git, she can't believe that this dunderhead was being allowed to teach them, teach, a bunch of twelve year old's. It was absolutely ridiculous. "I know, it'll be a horrible year for sure, I even asked Professor Slytherin what was happening, and he outraged to have to share his job, he's the best defence teacher ever." Morgan said to her cousin.

"I'm going to go get the books from upstairs, will you be alright the grab the ones from down here?" He asked her as they stopped by the stairs.

"Of course, go on." She said giggling, Draco smiled and ran up the stairs, while she turned to face the imposing crowd, well that was until she came face to face with the Weasley clan. She nodded her head and walked around them, when a short man with a camera bumps into her. "Out of the way! This is for The Daily Prophet!" He cries, and Morgan growls under her breath at the man.

Instantly, Lockhart looks up, flashes a smile, when... "It can't be Morgan Potter?" The man questions staring at her. Morgan frowns as the crowd whispers excitedly as Lockhart dives forward, seizes Morgan's hand and turns her toward the photographer. And under his breath he says to her, "nice big smile, Morgan. Together, you and I rate the front page."

Morgan flinches at the mans touch as outrage flickers onto her pale face. "Ladies and gentlemen! What an extraordinary moment this is! When young Morgan here stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me -- which, incidentally, is celebrating its twenty-seventh week atop The Daily Prophet's Bestseller List -- she had no idea that she would, in fact, be leaving with my entire collected works! Free of charge!" Lockhart says to the crowd while Morgan tries to squirm away.

"Micah!" She screeches and as the name leaves her lips the room turns cold, and the young ghost appears with rage written across his face, quickly he shoves the golden haired man away from his little sister and glowers at the man. 

"You dare touch heiress Shelby with your hands!" Micah hisses, his face was pale as death and dark circles surrounded his already dark brown eyes. Lockhart was shaking on the floor as Morgan stayed behind her big brother glaring at the idiot. "And to assume she is the Potter child without proof is ridiculous, she is Morgan Ada Shelby daughter of Thomas Shelby and Lord of the ancient and noble house of Shelby." Micah continued as Draco came from the upstairs area and walked over to his cousin and her bodyguard.

"What happened?" He asked her as he held her hand seeing her slightly shaking. 

"He grabbed me from the crowd and said I was the Potter child," she scoffed. She knew Micah had already alerted her papa to what had happened, and now she was expecting him to walk through the door at any moment. "Get ready for a storm." She whispered to Draco, and that is exactly what he was doing.

And when the door slammed open the room was frozen.