Chapter Seven

The night she called him papa, and their bond grew stronger

*******************************************************************************************

Using the shadows of Diagon Alley, Thomas shifted their forms, allowing the travel this time. The goblins having given the girl her strength back. When his shoes hit the marble floor of The Shelby residence, he called to one of the many ghosts he employed. A young boy who stood at only 5'10'', age of 21, dark chestnut hair and brown eyes. "Hello my Lord." He greeted cheerfully. "Is this our little Mistress?" He asked as he followed his Lord.

"Yes, and I want you, Micah, to go around to everyone else and tell them not to approach her, they along with yourself know her old past." Thomas stated. "And tell the other's to address me as Lord Shelby or Lord Thomas. That is the name I am going by in the mortal world." Thomas finished as he stopped in front of Morgan's new room.

"Of course Lord Thomas, and who shall I alert to being the new Mistresses personal spirit?" The boy asked. 

Thomas looked down at the boy and smirked. "You, Micah, will be my daughters personal spirit." The boy froze in shock. And pointed at himself to be sure his Lord was speaking the truth. "Yes, Micah, I trust you to have my daughters back, and keep her safe. You'll basically be her big brother." Thomas stated and Micah nodded understanding. Before vanishing from his Lords sight to tell everyone the news. And was the boy a little smug, yes, yes he was. Thomas shook his head a smile on his face, before pushing the door to Morgan's room open.

Inside the young girls room, was a four poster bed decorated in many pillows, all adorned with silk coverings, a silk bed sheet, and a heavy quilt to keep the young girl warm in the winter night, at the end of her bed a wooden chest with her name engraved on the top. Beside her bed was two nightstands each with a lamp and on the right nightstand a journal. Her floors were made of wood, a walk in closet was off to the side, filled to the brim with the clothes Aphrodite fixed to her size and charmed to grow with her. To the other side of her room a door that which led to her private bathroom. 

Thomas took note of the calming scents that filled her room, lavender, and vanilla. Her two favourite scents. He also noted the vanity that was not filled to the brim with makeup, but the simple things she would need. A hairbrush, hair ties, headbands, and her new jewellery.

Pulling the sheets from her bed, Thomas placed his daughter atop the mattress, her tiny form almost disappearing. He took her coat off before using his powers to have her dressed in her nightie. He was not going to change the girl; he was not going to invade her privacy. He never did it when she had her past life, and he was not going to do it now. Hanging her coat up Thomas made his way back to his daughter and pulled her sheet and quilt over her. And just as he was about to leave a tiny hand grabbed his hand, and he turned to see Morgan looking at him with half open eyes.

"What is the matter little one?" He asked her kneeling on the floor now at her height.

"Nothing," she muttered. Her eyes starting to close once more. "I love you papa." She whispered falling into a deep sleep. 

Thomas blinked letting the words process before laughing lightly, he looked at Morgan and leaned forward kissing the crown of her head. "I love you too little one." he whispered. He stayed just a moment longer before walking out of her room and leaving a single soft light on, so she would not awaken in complete darkness.

As he closed her door he looked back at her sleeping face, her nose crinkling just a little before calming down, a serene smile on her face. "Goodnight sweet daughter." He whispered walking away from her room, the door closed. 

As he walked down the halls, he grabbed a cigarette lighting the deadly stick. Taking a deep breath in he allowed the toxic fumes to fill his lungs, and puff of white smoke left his parted lips. Opening the door to his office he walked straight past his oldest brother, not giving him an ounce of his attention, not until he sat down. "Tempus, what can I do for you?" Death asked, his cold sapphire eyes piercing into his brothers.

"You adopted her?" Tempus asked sitting in his claimed seat.

"Yes." Was Death's quick answer. "Do you have a problem with that?" He asked.

Tempus leaned back in his seat. "No, but what about myself and Life, are we allowed in her life seeing as she is now your daughter?" Tempus questioned.

Death chuckled. "Of course, but you must have a mortal name brother, the Wizarding World believe us to be apart of the sacred 28 now 29." Death stated.

"And what is our last name?" Tempus asked.

"Shelby." Death stated.

"Ahh, the Shelby boys of the 20's, also the ones who created the Peaky Blinders. I assume you have the name of Thomas, correct." Tempus said a cigarette in hand.

Death simply smirked, just as Life came sauntering into the room, greeting his brothers with a nod. "I choose John." Life stated sitting in his seat.

Tempus and Death both laughed.

"Then I will be Arthur." Tempus, the now dubbed Arthur Shelby, said. 

"Then welcome to the Wizarding World Arthur and John Shelby." Thomas said waving his hand allowing the world to know who the family was. Their names written into the books of old.

John leaned forward his arms resting on his knees. "How is she Thomas, how is the littlest Shelby?" John asked his brother.

"She is better, a lot better." Thomas answered. "She has a new wardrobe thanks to Aphrodite, who is now Morgan's Auntie and calls her Auntie Love. She learned what Dumbledore has done to her, and she's angry." Thomas explained. "We got rid of the shit he placed on her and fixed her accounts, found who she is descended from, claimed her heirships and ladyships, and we met the two Weasley twins as well." Thomas finished. "It has been a big day for her." 

Arthur and John nodded to their brothers words. Just as Arthur was about to speak the three men turned to the door as the tiny form of Morgan stood at the door, rubbing her eyes as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"Papa?" She questioned her tiny voice reaching his ears.

Thomas was quick to his feet, grabbing the tiny girl and comforting her as she cried into his shoulder. "What happened?" He asked her as she burrowed into his shoulder.

"I thought I was back with the Dursley's, and Vernon found me." She whimpered. Thomas held her head with his hand as he let her cry. 

"I promise little one, you are safe, and I will not allow anything to happen to you, okay." Thomas whispered standing from the floor as her legs wrapped around him her arms securely wrapped around his neck. "I promise." He whispered as his two brothers watched the harshest of the three comfort the small girl.

And in that moment, if anyone hurts what is theirs, they will break every rule in the book to keep little Morgan Ada Shelby safe.