Chapter Eight

Friends gave her the strength, family gave her love, an old friend gave her comfort when she started doubting in herself

***************************************************************************************

When lunch rolled around Draco and Morgan sat with their friends, Blaise the first to ask what happened, "Tesoro, what happened?" He asked the raven haired girl hugging her to his side. He had been worried the whole class when the two left suddenly, and when Draco had called Lockhart a creep, he laughed though when he heard it come from the always composed Malfoy.

"Lockhart is what happened, he wrote on her quiz that she looked fantastic in her uniform, he's a creep." Draco sneered, he was still fuming, already thinking of ways to hurt the imbecile. "How could Dumbledore allow something like this, look at that pompous git, he still sitting up there like he's the best person in the world, why hasn't something been done."

"Draco, calm down." Blaise said to his best friend. "I know you want to do something but announcing it to the whole world isn't a smart move, at least not Slytherin of you." He said rolling his eyes as he started playing with Morgan's hair, the movement calming the young witch.

"You are right," Draco said before drifting into his thoughts. The group of friends were sceptical of what the white haired boy was thinking.

"Anyway, moving on from Draco's need to commit potential murder, I maybe met someone from Ravenclaw, a young girl, she's very out of this world." Daphne explained with a little smirk on her face. "But she is adorable."

Morgan became interested in who she was talking about, sitting up and facing the blonde haired girl. "What was her name?" She asked.

"Luna Lovegood, and I may have invited her to sit with us, she said her house mates were being a little distant and I was the only person to talk to her, how could anyone do that to such a fairy like girl." Daphne stated, rushing her words. 

And when she had finished talking Luna skipped over to them, a dreamy look on her face. "Hello everyone." Luna greeted them all waving softly to them all.

"You're right, she is adorable," Theo commented blushing at the silvery eyed girl.

"Hello Luna." Morgan greeted smiling softly, a newfound warmth coming to her face after seeing the white haired girl, Luna smiled tilting her head at Morgan. 

"Lovely to meet you Morgie." Luna said to the second year, Morgan smiling hearing the nickname from her little moon, "how have you all been?"

"Well this morning was eventful." Blaise stated, seeing how Draco was still plotting, Daphne was fawning over how cute Luna was, Theo was blushing at the petite blonde, Morgan was looking very lost in thought, so he needed to answer. 

"Yes, I have heard, the red and gold house are very rude. Nasty lions they all are." Luna stated nodding her head as her white, blonde curls bounced. "They've been especially rude to a few of us first years, myself included, Daphne actually saved me from the harsh lions."

"Good, we might have a reputation as evil but not all of us are horrible human beings." Morgan said listening to the conversation now. "Though everyone seems to forget a detail, Merlin, the greatest warlock to ever walk this earth was in Slytherin and he wasn't evil," Morgan said shaking her head. "It astounds me so much that everyone always calls us evil and yet during The Dark Lords war he had others from all houses, including Gryffindor. Some people are ignorant and don't understand, that anyone can be evil it is just how you use you magic," Morgan continued catching many students and teachers attention. "I may have a grey core, but it just means that both magic light and dark is easier for me to use, the same with a dark core, they use it easier then light magic."

A loud scoff reached the groups ears, all of them turning to the young second year Gryffindor, Hermione Granger. "Dark cores are evil, and they always will be Morgan," she says to the Shelby girl.

Morgan blinked, "I'm sorry who are you? Who is she?" Morgan questioned.

"I'm Hermione Granger, and your Morgan Potter." She said in a matter of fact tone. Morgan raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Ah yes, Hermione Granger, the supposed smartest witch of this age." Morgan muttered, before standing and approaching her, the two standing face to face. "You stupid little girl. You claim to be the smartest witch of this age, and yet you have no proof of myself being the Potter child." Morgan hisses, her eyes glowing dangerously. "I'm going to tell you something, and I hope you listen carefully Granger, there is no evil in sorcery, only in the hearts of men. My request is that you remember this magic is neither good nor evil, it is a tool like a knife, is a knife evil, only if the wielder is evil." Morgan finishes as she turns away from the girl and leaves out the great hall doors.

Draco saw the look on his cousins face and made sure to let the others know to give her space. Her papa having told the young Malfoy heir that sometimes Morgan can get so mad she says things, does things she really doesn't mean, she just does it to get people to leave her alone. She's protective of her heart.

Morgan was tired, it wasn't even a full day of class, but she was tired, she wanted to leave if she were being honest, leave the world behind, travel the world even, that would make her happy for once, but she was at Hogwarts, and she needed to do what she needed to do. Sighing Morgan found a little alcove overlooking the Black Lake, leaning her head against the glass she started thinking to herself. Why was she doing this all over again?

And the answer appeared right beside her. "You okay Bambi?" Fred Weasley asked her seeing her downtrodden face. Morgan sniffled looking at the older twin, remembering just why she was doing all of this again, what she needed to change, what she needed to keep fighting for. "Bambi?" Fred asked again, but he was startled as the young girl leaped at him wrapping her arms around his waist holding him tightly. Little cries leaving her lips. 

Fred held her tightly, her legs wrapped tightly around his waist, her arms clinging to his shirt as his arms wrap under her legs. Fred was very surprised to see the young Shelby heiress crying, she always had a concentrated face, blank of any thought that anyone could really decipher. So seeing her crying was a shock to him. "Hey it's okay." He whispered to her sitting in the alcove as he rubbed her back, like he did when Ginny was sad. Neither left that spot until the end of the day missing their classes, but did Fred care, no, his Bambi needed him.