Chapter Eleven

He learned more then he believed

He learned more then he believed. He was trusted with the secret, and he learned that she was something more. He learned her true name. 

********************************************************************************************
Somehow she had convinced Draco she needed to be alone, having performed the spell in class even though she had no way to actually perform it like the cauldron or even had any of the ingredients, she didn't understand why it had affected her in the way it had. Sighing she laid on the grass just letting the Earth speak to her. Sighing she sniffled as she tried not to cry in anger, anger that was aimed at herself for being so stupid in even saying the words. She was stupid, she should never have even spoken of the spell, or recited it. Her papa having told her she should never say a spell that she could not perform.

"Well, it seems like you're in a predicament." The young voice of a man spoke, Morgan's eyes snapped open as she looked at the smiling face of the young Warlock.

"Merlin!" Morgan squealed in delight as she stood and hugged the man. Merlin laughing as he gave her a big hug. "Wait, are you here to get up me? Am I in trouble?" Morgan asked.

"No, I'm leaving that up to Death, he's your dad. And you're most definitely in trouble with him." Merlin chuckled as the young witch pouted. "I'm here because I've come to give you something." Merlin stated, as he pulled out a journal. It was old, very old the leather was fraying slowly, the rope holding the pages were starting to tear away, and as she took it gently she gasped seeing Merlin's signet on the front. Of course she had seen many of Merlin's journals, but none were like this one, this one was important.

"Are you sure Merlin?" Morgan asked the Warlock her eyes wide.

"I chose you Morgan, to be my heir for a reason, this journal is yours, by right." Merlin whispered to the young witch. "And it might help especially with your control, you just have to fix it up a little." Merlin chuckled.

Morgan giggled as she held the journal tightly to her chest. "Thank you Merlin." She whispered. "I promise I won't use any of the spell's until I'm ready." She promised, as she held her pinkie up. Merlin grinned as he hooked his pinkie around hers. Their promise made.

"Now, I've got a cat nap to get back to." Merlin yawned as he disappeared, back to his feline form.

Morgan looked back down at the journal, happy to have spoken with Merlin, she had missed the many chats she would have with him, sitting back down on the grass, Morgan opened her bag, it being much bigger on the inside, quickly pulling out new leather, and twine to fix the journal. Three hours later it was complete, she had even managed to keep Merlin's signet on the journal, she defiantly didn't want to give it up. It was Merlin's journal after all.

"Miss Shelby!" A loud voice called out startling the young girl. She turned to see the glaring red eyes of her soulmate staring down at her, the surrounding area now dark.