Chapter Nine

Sleep was hard to come by sleep was something she did not want to do; she wanted to find the fool and end him

*********************************************************************************************

All the Slytherin girls were giggling as they whispered to one another, excited to have a sleepover inside Morgan's room, sadly Luna could not join she was much too tired, after all Nargles had stolen more of her belongings. Morgan and Daphne were giggling over a design that the blonde Slytherin had drawn, she wanted a little advice from Morgan about what she should add, or what she should take away from the design. Morgan was all too happy to help. But it was all ruined though as Snape stepped into the room along with Slytherin drawing their attention. "All students are needed in the Great Hall, now." Slytherin said as he sealed the students' rooms off.

Murmurs filled the Slytherin common room as they stepped out, Professor Slytherin was in front, while Professor Snape stood in the back, the two acting like guards, Draco looked to his cousin seeing her frown, he came to her side and placed a comforting hand upon her shoulder. She wasn't scared, Sirius was free, but why were they acting like someone had been set free, on the train the Dementor hadn't told her who exactly it was after, so she was confused. And she wanted to know why.

She sighed as she watched the clock tower door, with great groaning tumblers fall. Spindles begin to rotate. Cylinders, one after another, fire into place. Windows with Iron spikes, sharp as razors, rise instantly. Draco and herself place themselves in their sleeping bags, as one by one, the lights in the Great Hall go out.

It is silent but Morgan remains awake, staring at the net of stars glimmering beyond the highest window. A gentle creak is heard and Morgan's eyes shift, seeing Snape and Slytherin pass through the great doors, and converge with Dumbledore.

"I've done the dungeons, Headmaster. No sign of Lestrange. Nor anywhere else in the castle." Snape drawls, his eyes sweeping over the students.

Dumbledore nods his head. "I didn't really expect her to linger." The man says.

"Remarkable feat, don't you think?" Snape questions. "To enter Hogwarts castle on one's own, completely undetected..."

Morgan could feel Dumbledore's gaze as his eyes sweep over the students, refusing to take the bait.

"So that's who escaped." She whispered.

"You may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express my concerns when you allowed the Ministry to have a certain creature here." Snape hissed.

"I do not believe a creature inside this castle would have helped Bellatrix Lestrange enter, Severus." Dumbledore states, as he continues to watch the students, making Morgan more annoyed, as his own eyes lingered on her. "No... I feel quite confident the castle is safe. And I'm more than willing to let the students return to their Houses." He says softly. "But tomorrow. For now, let them sleep..."

Morgan closes her eyes softly as Dumbledore stands beside her feet, as Slytherin comes to her other side, glaring at the headmaster.

"It's astonishing what the body can endure when the mind allows itself to rest." Dumbledore finishes before walking away.

Leaving Morgan to her peaceful dreams, well what one may call peaceful, she calls a meeting. 

"Papa?" She calls out, looking around the dream space, well, around the Summer lands. It had not changed since she was last here, not a single tree had been moved, and not a single flower had been ripped out of the ground. Shaking her head, she smirks as she sees her papa, sitting at an ornate table. The table filled to the brim with her favourite sweets, and tea, happily she skipped over, sitting in her chair, as a soft wind blows, turning her pyjamas into a beautiful soft pink baby doll dress, her hair tied into a high ponytail, and soft pink buckle shoes on her feet.

"Hello little one." Death greets his daughter smiling gently.

"How did the trial go Papa?" She asked as she filled her teacup. Nibbling on a strawberry cake.

"it went surprisingly well little one, not a single person was going to fight against me." Death said with a smirk on his face. "What about you little one, how has Hogwarts been this time?" He asked her as he placed the cigarette in between his lips.

Morgan hummed thinking before she responded. "Remus, he tried to tell me he knew who I was, that I was Morgan Potter, that he knew, and I couldn't lie to him, I set him straight, though, it hurt, telling him a lie that isn't a lie." She whispered.

For all that she says, about Grace and Thomas Shelby being her parents, she was not lying, they were her parents, Death may have brought the two back for a short time, telling them of Morgan Ada Potter, months before the war began when she was seventeen, they agreed to blood adopt her... Through Death. It was quite hard to explain, but the story is real, she can remember it well, the day her Grace was killed, encase someone tried to get the memory from her head, it was all real. The documents of Grace Shelby's death, and everything. Morgan didn't lie, but it was still a lie.

"Granger is trying my patience though, she follows me everywhere, demanding me. Weasley has kept his distance, but I suspect he'll do something soon." Morgan continued. "I found out why the dementor's are at Hogwarts."

Death sneers at the thought of his creations doing something for mortals, how they had abandoned their work in his realm to the mortal one. "What are they doing?" He asked her.

Morgan smirked. "Bellatrix Lestrange, has escaped Azkaban." She answers. "And they are hunting her, while she hunts for Morgan Ada Potter."

"And what will happen to her if she comes near you Morgan?" Death asked his daughter. 

Morgan eyes flashed red. "Like the red Queen once said in Alice in Wonderland." She said with a sweet smile on her baby like face. "Off with her head." Morgan sneered, a sharp grin on her face, as she was pulled from her dreams, and back into the world of reality.