Chapter Seven

She has her plan, she doesn't need a hand, she would do it her way

She has her plan, she doesn't need a hand, she would do it her way. And everyone would stay out of her way. 

**********************************************************************************************

Morgan remembered the badges from the first time, it depicts Cedric on a bright yellow background. Then the badge spun and shows Morgan on a green background with the words "Shelby Stinks" on it. As Morgan walks along other pupils aim insults at her saying she stinks. A young boy runs past.

"Cedric rules!" He shouted at her, she stopped and stared at the boy as he smirked at her, thinking he hit a nerve.

"Okay," she said with a shrug before walking away, the boy stared at her in surprise. Morgan didn't really care at this point in time, when she got to a doorway, two pupils stand in his way.

"Like the badge?" One of them asked. Morgan sighed.

"Do I honestly care about this stupidity, no, last time I checked, it wasn't fair of people to be shooting me down with insults when I proved I didn't put my name into the Goblet by offering my magic and life. So please continue with the insults and we shall see how your family fair when I ruin your name with my own." She said with a grin before shoving past the two boys.

She approaches Cedric who is standing around with his friends. Cedric's friends hurl off more insults. "Can I have a word?" She asked not listening to the vulgar words. Hufflepuffs were very aggressive, but she paid no mind.

"Alright." Cedric says, Morgan smiled before turning away Cedric following her.

"Dragons. That's the first task. They've got one for each of us." Morgan states to the boy, looking out at the Black Lake.

Cedric coughs in surprise. "Are you serious?" He asked her in shock. "And Fleur and Krum, do they...?"

"Yes." She said nodding as she looked at the boy.

"Right. Hey, listen, about the badges. I've asked them not to wear them." Cedric says to her honestly. He really had tried to stop them from putting the badges on, he actually hated them. He was sure to have a word with his house tonight about the badges.

"Honestly Cedric, I don't care, so don't worry about it." She said smiling gently before turning away and walking off. She found Draco in the tree, so she went over and climbed up, the two whispering to one another. It was when Moody approached the young witch that he ordered her to follow him. Rolling her eyes, she jumps down from the tree and goes after the man.

Inside the classroom Moody takes off his prosthetic leg and takes a seat. "That's a foal glass. Let's me keep an eye on my enemies. If I can see the whites of their eyes, they're standing right behind me." He said to the girl when suddenly a noise emerges from a trunk on the floor, and it shakes.

"Wouldn't even bother telling you what's in there. You wouldn't believe it if I did. Now... what are you going to do about your dragon?" Moody asks her.

Morgan raises an eyebrow at the man. "Why does it matter to you sir?" She asked him. 

"Sit." He orders. Morgan takes her spot on the chair watching the man with calculating eyes. "Listen to me Shelby. Your pal Diggory, by your age he could take a whistle into a watch and have it sing you the time." He explains. "Miss Delacour, she's as much a fairy princess as I am. As for Krum, his head may be filled with sawdust, but Karkaroff's is NOT. They'll have a strategy, and you can bet that it'll play to Krum's strengths. Hmm? Come on Shelby. What are your strengths?" He asked her. 

Morgan is silent when a dark look comes on her face. "Again, why does it matter to you, I have my plan I have my own strategy. I'm the daughter of Thomas and Grace Shelby, I was born into a family of royals, I don't need anyone to help me win." She stated standing up and turning away. "Thank you for trying to help me, but I'm fine being on my own, though the Slytherin's never abandon their own." She finished before walking away and out into the halls.

Morgan stepped into the Slytherin common room seeing her friends surrounding the tables, all of them planning their Yule outfits, well that's what she believed until Draco shouted. "No, it should be 'Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness' okay."

She looked over to see banners of support, they wanted her to know they would cheer for her and only her. Morgan smiled brightly when she read one that said, 'Go! Queen of Snakes!' 

Shaking her head, she snuck past and up to her room, where she came to see Merlin stood with a smirk on his face. "Merlin!" She cried running over and hugging him to her. She had missed having her chats with the warlock, he had been gone for about a month, looking for any signs of Arthur, Morgan really wanted to meet the King of Camelot, not Uther though, he could go stuff it.

"I heard you are in the tournament." Merlin states to the young witch.

Morgan instantly sighed loudly. "Yes, I don't want to be of course but I am."

Merlin smiled sadly. "You know what to do Morgan, I believe in you." Merlin whispers to her. Morgan smiles and hugs the warlock once more, the two then spent hours working on her dragon speech. Merlin wanted her to be able to protect herself from the dragon, but it seemed the girl had an idea.

It was the next morning, the first tournament wouldn't be until tomorrow, but she was nervous, but when the Prophet landed in front of her, she almost lost her shit. "Why are they calling me the Potter child!" She shouted anger coursing through her being. 

Draco looked at the Prophet and he was annoyed instantly. "You aren't the Potter child though!" He shouted, groaning afterwards. It was then he spotted the reasoning behind her name change. "The old coot is involved, look." He said to Morgan pointing to the small bit of column the man was in.

'Morgan Potter was adopted by the Shelby's, she is the daughter of Lily and James Potter.' Says Dumbledore.

"Papa is going to go ballistic." Morgan mutters as she throws the Prophet away from herself, and leaves the Great Hall, with people whispering and pointing. Now everyone thinks she was adopted. Of course, she was, but they didn't need to know that, nor was she related to the Potter and Evans anymore. The old coot just needed to understand that and leave her the hell alone.