Chapter Eight

When another saw her for the child she was and saw the father he had become

**************************************************************************************

The Shelby home was quiet, not a sound came from the mansion. Many wizards and witches would pass the home trying in vain to capture a glimpse of the three Shelby men but alas no one stepped out of the home, not a peep. But one day Narcissa Malfoy strolled by, she didn't give much care for the Shelby family, obviously knowing they preferred to be left alone and she couldn't help but agree. But this day, this day was different, for she had heard the most beautiful childlike laugh, a little girls laugh to be more specific. Narcissa saw the little girl running towards an imposing man, a cigarette in between his lips as he caught the little girl in his arms.

She also took note of the young man just behind the imposing man, watching the two with a goofy grin as the little girl waved to him. His bright brown eyes sparkling at the little girl. Narcissa could just make out the little girls face, her sapphire and emerald eyes sparkling under the sunlight, her pouty pink lips, and the soft ringlets that cascaded down her back. The tiny girl was gorgeous. And the man holding her was divine. Shaking her head, Narcissa walked away, her thoughts only catching up to herself as she walked back into Malfoy Manor.

A Shelby has a daughter.

"Cissa? Is everything alright?" Lucius asked his wife, their son Draco right behind him. The young boy mimicking his father's every step, wanting to be just like him. 

Narcissa looked up to her husband and blinked. "I was walking by the Shelby Manor, and of course the three men never leave unless for their work in the Ministry, but today as I was walking past, I saw one of them out in the gardens, with a little girl." Narcissa explained. "One of the Shelby men have a daughter."

Lucius was shocked hearing those words come from his wife. "How?"

Narcissa looked at her husband. "My love, how do you think," she said with a raised eyebrow, a pink hue falling onto Lucius's face. Smirking at her husband she turned around heading to their dining room for breakfast. "Maybe this is why no one sees them; they're protecting their daughter." She whispered.

"Then we shall keep quiet, it is not our duty to spread rumours." Lucius states, and the two nod. Neither spoke a word to their friends or allies of the young Shelby girl. 

Within the Shelby home Thomas listened to the loud laughter of his daughter and the pitter patter of her feet as she played tag with Micah. The young ghost popping in front of her causing loud giggles to leave as she would dodge him. Quickly he focused on the reports in front of him, not allowing the noises to distract him from his work, the papers were quite tedious as he looked through them, he had even received a letter from Dumbledore to be the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.

The letter was quickly burned.

Morgan huffed as she sat in the big receiving hall of her home as Micah floated just behind her. The little girl had a smile on her face as she fell onto her back, trying to get the air she had lost from playing with Micah. Little giggles leaving her lips as she thought of all the fun she had been having with the ghost. When her papa had introduced them, she was hesitant of the young ghost but, if her papa trusted him then she would trust him.

And it was a beautiful friendship that blossomed between them. Turning into that of a love of a brother and sister.

"My knight!" Morgan called as she stood up and going over to the ghostly boy. "Do you think papa would let me learn how to dance?" She asked the boy, the ghost making himself solid, picking her up off the ground.

"Of course he would, he would do anything for you bubbles." The boy said smiling at the girl. After many hours Morgan had finally shown her bubbly side which is where his nickname came from. So she was his bubbles and if anyone popped his bubbles happy smile he'd destroy them, Micah took his job as her personal spirit very seriously. Very.

"What about sword fighting?" She queried next. Micah stopped walking for a moment to look at her.

"Probably." Micah answered. "He might wait till you're a little older though and remember you gotta ask first." 

Morgan hummed before looking down. "What about piano, I heard papa playing yesterday and I wanted to ask him but, what if he's too busy to teach me?"

Micah sighed before putting Morgan on her feet and kneeling down to her height. "Bubbles, Lord Shelby would never say no to you asking him to teach you to play the piano, yes he is a busy man, but he's been around long enough that he knows how to delegate the work." Micah explained to her. "I think, actually I know that if you asked him right now, he'd get up and teach you how to play," Micah finished smiling tenderly, his eyes showing Morgan nothing but the truth.

Morgan looked down the hall at her papa's office, before walking down. When she reached the door she looked back at Micah, who nodded to her urging the girl to try. That was something Micah had been trying for a few days, telling Morgan that it was okay to ask, and not be afraid that she would be treated with a pat on the head. Smiling to her brother figure she knocked lightly on the door and waited for her papa's Brummie accent to break through.

"You may come in little one." Thomas spoke.

Opening the door, she slipped in making her way to the man. Standing in front of the imposing desk, she bought the step stool that her papa had gotten her, so that she could actually see over the desk towards the front and stepped up, smiling at her papa.

"What can I do for you little one?" Thomas asked her leaning on his elbows hands clasped in front of him.

Fiddling with her hands, Morgan took a breath in and asked. "Can you teach me how to play the piano?"

Thomas blinked. That was something he didn't think she was about to ask. 

Morgan watched her papa, his face not betraying anything of his emotions, but she knew he was processing her words. So she waited, and when Thomas stood from his chair and walked over to her side, picking her up. She knew the answer.

And that afternoon, Micah grinned as he saw his Master and his little sister sitting at the piano. The deity teaching her the chords of the piano, and the soft sound of Twinkle, Twinkle little Star was played through the Shelby home.