Chapter Seven

A fire is burning in her soul, the violent eyes of the girl who lost all called the reckoning her beginning

A fire is burning in her soul, the violent eyes of the girl who lost all called the reckoning her beginning. The snakes became the family.  

***********************************************************************************************

At last, Morgan thought as the puddings and desserts disappeared and Dumbledore stood to his feet again. After the little confrontation she had with the school the man looked less sparkly eyed. She smirked at the thought of snuffing out that ridiculous sparkle. The Hall fell silent once more.

"Ahem... just a few more words now we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you." Dumbledore started. "First-years should note that the forest in the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledores twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the twins.

"I have also been asked by Mr Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch." Dumbledore continued. "And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

"Is he serious?" Draco asked his cousin.

"He's insane is what he is." Morgan muttered rolling her eyes at the old man.

"And now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" The old coot cried, with a flick of his wand a long golden ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted itself snake-like into words. 

Summoning a quick silencing charm, Draco and Morgan sighed with bliss as they got to ignore the horrid singing around them. When Morgan noticed the twins finished she took the spell down, as Dumbledore bid everyone a good night. Morgan and Draco stood from their place, following behind the other first year snakes, stood in front of them were their prefects, Morgan did not remember who the two were, she didn't really care to know either.

She followed them to where there was a door on the right side of the Entrance Hall, if coming down the Marble Staircase facing the front doors of the castle. Behind the door was a set of stone steps which descended deep into the dungeons. The entrance to the common room was located behind a bare stretch of stone wall in the dungeons of Hogwarts Castle. When they stood in front of this stone wall, Morgan felt the familiar slither of scales slide up her body. Nagini draping herself over the girl. They didn't speak as the female prefect spoke.

"Now this is the entrance into our common room, the password is ambizione. It will change every fortnight, so check the notice board before you leave in the morning." She explained as the stone wall moved, revealing their common room.

The common room was a dungeon-like room with greenish lamps and chairs. This dungeon extended partway under the lake, giving the light in the room a green tinge. The common room had lots of low backed black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas; skulls; and dark wood cupboards. One of the wooden tables had a Wizard's Chess set on it. It was decorated with tapestries featuring the adventures of famous Medieval Slytherins. It has quite a grand atmosphere, but also quite a cold one.

"Under no circumstance are you allowed to bring anyone else of another house into this common room. No outsider has ever entered the common room for more than seven centuries." The male prefect grumbled. Morgan smirked thinking of the time she got in, in her second year. Foolish to think that she did it even for a moment. "Now our head of house Professor Snape will explain the rules for you all. Along side with Professor Slytherin."

Snape came gliding out of the dark corner of the room, startling the others around Morgan. But it was when Professor Slytherin came out from behind them that got the little squeals from the girls, Morgan simply smirked as Nagini had told her what her soulmate likes to do to the young children. Place more fear into them. After all he was their Dark Lord.

"Good evening. I am Professor Snape, here in the Slytherin house we have certain rules that must be followed, and they are as followed. 1. Your House is your family. Family stands together. 2. The common room does not belong to YOU. It belongs to everyone. Keep it neat. 3. Arguments with another Slytherin are only permitted in Slytherin House. Refer to the FIRST RULE. 4. Study time is QUIET time and is mandatory. You will receive schedules on a weekly basis." Snape drawled before Professor Slytherin stepped forward once more gaining the attention on himself.

"5. NO ONE is allowed to skip House meetings. House Meetings are almost always scheduled. 7. The Hogwarts House Elves are not your servants. Keeping your dorm rooms and the common room clean is your responsibility. 8. Dorm inspections once a month. These are NOT scheduled. You are forewarned. 9. All meals are mandatory. No sweets in your dorms. No sweets after 8pm. Those taking a Nutrition Potion will come to Snape, myself or Madame Pomfrey once a week. 10. Bedtimes: First years - 9pm. Second thru Fourth years - 10pm. Fifth thru Sixth years - 11pm. Seventh years – Midnight." Slytherin's tone was firm, no one dared to argue the rules with the two men, maybe except Morgan, the girl wanting to cause some trouble.

After all her Uncle Johnny and her father told her to cause as much mayhem as she could.

"These are the rules I and Professor Slytherin expect everyone in Slytherin to follow; to the letter. They are, however, not the only rules. You will discover in your seven years here that I will give you further guidelines and rules that you can take past the walls of Hogwarts." Snape drawled.

"Finally, never forget the Secret of Slytherin: Plan in ways a Ravenclaw finds sound. Blend like a Hufflepuff into the background. As for the Gryffindor, learn from their mistakes. And be ready to react, Slytherin, swift as a snake." Professor Slytherin recited to them all.

"Girls dorms are to the left, and boys are to the right," Snape finished before dramatically leaving the room. 

Slytherin was next to leave after he finally got Nagini to pry herself off the Shelby girl. "Well blessed be Draco, I will see you bright and early." Morgan giggled, as the pair hugged and went their separate ways.

And for the first time, Morgan felt like this could be another home. 

****************************

Slytherin rules are not my own I got them from: https://archiveofourown.org/works/426484.