Chapter Five

She was never a cheat the first-time round

She was never a cheat the first-time round. But now she was a cheat, because she knew what she was doing. She knew how to play the games. 

***********************************************************************************************

Older students begun placing their names into the flame of the Goblet, and others are applauding, Cedric is one of them. Morgan wasn't to concerned as she and Neville whispered to one another, the boy finally opening up to her, after all she was the one who helped him through his own thoughts. Whispering about his mother and father, the girl was his beacon of light.

Draco, Theo, and Blaise sat behind the two, while the girls were watching the Durmstrang boys, giggling every once and a while. Luna was sitting beside them as well, but she was more dazed than anything. "Eternal glory, be brilliant, wouldn't it?" Theo whispered to his friend. "In three years from now we'll be old enough to be chosen." 

"Yeah, well rather you than me." Morgan muttered the group grimace as they realise that because Dumbledore believed she was the Potter child she would be forced to be in the game somehow.

Morgan's head snaps as she hears the twins come up cheering. "Thank you thank you, well lads we've done it." George states, as they come up to their sister.

"Cooked it up just this morning." Fred said grinning.

"It's not going to work." Morgan says to her brothers.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Bambi." Fred questions with a raised brow.

"You see this? This is an age line. The old fool drew it himself." Morgan stated to the twins.

"So?" Fred asks.

"So, a man who has been doing magic for years couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dim-witted such as an age potion." She mocked as the boys glared at her, not with anger more with annoyance. "Don't worry, I don't think highly of the fool at all. But even I have common sense to know he does know magic."

"That's why it's so brilliant." George says to his little sister. "Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?"

The pair drink from the vials and they jump inside the age line, and cheer. They put their names in the flame and do a high-five. The flame fires up and they're flung across the room onto the floor. When they get up, they have full heads of grey hair and beards.

"You said..." The pair says together before they roll around fighting on the floor and the crowd cheer. The room suddenly becomes silent as Viktor Krum walks in and puts his name in the flame. Before he leaves the room, the crowd cheering on the twins once again.

Thursday finally rolled in; the night was upon them. Morgan was sweating with nerves, she wasn't sure what could happen, and she truly hoped that she would not be forced to play in the game.

"Sit down please." Dumbledore calls throughout the Great Hall. "And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" He calls out, the hall is silent as he approaches the blue flame, and it glows red. A name comes out. Everyone looks on anxiously.

"The Durmstrang champion is..." He says unfolding the paper. "Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrang crowd cheer. Another name comes out. "The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour."

The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up. Another name comes out.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory."

Hogwarts pupils cheer as Cedric takes the stage.

Morgan could hear her heart thumping in her chest, fear in her eyes. Tom saw the way she was reacting, her eyes were narrowed on the Goblet, like she expected another name, but that couldn't be it. Right?

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore shout and the people cheer, but the goblet glows red once more and another name flies out.

"Morgan Shelby." Dumbledore says. "Morgan Shelby!" He cried once more, and Morgan could see the gleam in the old fools eyes.

She was frozen in fear, her body shaking. Tom was in shock as he looked at the poor young witch. When would she get a break. "No... No." He whispered standing from his place.

"Morgan Shelby!"

Morgan shook as she stood, she didn't want to go towards the old fool, so she did was she wanted this time, she ignored the whispers, the shouts. She ran straight to Professor Slytherin, pleading. "I don't want to, not again, please, I don't want to do this." She cried softly; her words drowned out by the students shouts. Slytherin pulled her into his arms holding her as she cried.

"Why! Why me!" She shouted shaking.

"She's a cheat! She's not even seventeen yet." Someone shouts, breaking her from her fear. 

She turned with eyes blazing wand in hand. "I Morgan Ada Shelby, daughter of Thomas and Grace Shelby, swear on my magic and life that I did not put my name or ask anyone to put my name in the Goblet of Fire. So, mote it be!" She shouted, her wand lighting up from the power of the spell.

Everyone waited with bated breath, before she waved her wand. "Expecto Patronum." She whispered, the silvery whisps breaking free from the tip of her wand. The Wyvern growled as it glared down upon the students. "Take a message to my papa, someone has put me in the tournament, and I want them found." She hissed, as the Wyvern roared before flying out of the Great Hall.

Tom takes Morgan out of the Great Hall and into his classroom, she sat quiet, as the other headmasters, came running in, but Tom held them back. Morgan looked at the painting of the in-between, sliding off the table she walked over to the painting placing her hand over the swaying trees. She could almost smell the lilies, hear the trees move in the breeze, feel the sun upon her pale cheeks.

"Do I have a choice?" She called out, not facing any of them.

"The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Miss Shelby has no choice, she is as of tonight... a tri-wizards champion." Barty says, making the young witches shoulders slump.

She shouldn't have had her hopes high. She was alone again, with the world atop her shoulders. "I guess, I will have to fight, I guess I will have to show everyone just how powerful the Shelby's are." She said firmly, before turning away from them all and headed to the Slytherin common room. Where she came upon her school family, standing beside her, fighting for her.

The Slytherin's were on her side.