Chapter Eight

He was another safety net for her, just as her papa was, he helped her find the peace she deserved that cool Saturday morning

He was another safety net for her, just as her papa was, he helped her find the peace she deserved that cool Saturday morning. He was the one to calm her from when the wolf spoke to her.

**********************************************************************************************

It was another cool and dewy, Saturday morning, students were happy as they enjoyed the weather it wasn't cold, nor hot, so they took it as a chance to have a nice time out and about. Morgan on the other hand was not enjoying that morning as she was getting aggravated with Granger, the girl following her, demanding of her, yelling lies that Morgan wished she would stop spouting out. Rolling her eyes she slipped into Tom Slytherins classroom, the man wasn't surprised to see the girl simply raised an eyebrow at her appearance. "Granger is following me... again." She huffed, blowing a piece of hair from her face, she just wanted some peace and quiet.

Tom looked to his giant pile of homework he sighed. "Would you like to help me with the homework of the Ravenclaws?" He asked her. Morgan's eyes lit up happily, before she nodded running over to help her soulmate with his work. The two were content to work in silence, Morgan would sometimes hum as she read over the work, and Tom would simply smirk as she would place the failed work into its own pile. It was quite interesting if her were being honest with himself.

It was hours later when they had finished, now they were just enjoying the silence in the room. That was until Emrys came strutting in with the Daily Profit in his mouth. Morgan frowned before taking it and reading the headline. 'LORD SIRIUS ORION BLACK THE THIRD FREE.'

She froze as she looked at the title, unable to comprehend what this was about. "Morgan?" Tom questioned gently seeing the young witch frozen in shock. He slowly approached the girl, placing his hand on her shoulder. Emerald and Sapphire looked up at him with tears filling her eyes. "What's happened?" He asked her. 

"He's free, Sirius Black is free." She whispered. Morgan wasn't sure how to feel, of course in her first life she was enamoured by her godfather, loved him like he was another father to her, like Remus was, but then she saw the red flags, the way he treated her like she was James. She tried many times to tell him she was nothing like her father, but not once did he or anyone listen. No one saw her as Morgan Ada Potter. Being around them hurt who she was, made her easier to manipulate, she just wanted them to see her as her, not James nor Lily.

Tom sighed seeing how stressed the young witch was, so he pulled her out of the chair and held her in his arms, the girl curling into his embrace, the feeling of safety wrapping around her, as she softly cried. Morgan didn't want to cry over this, she just felt lost, but now, now she knew who she was she grew to be herself; her papa and her family helped her shape herself into the girl she was. Deep down, she wanted Remus and Sirius to be in her life, but she wanted them to see her as Morgan Ada Shelby, not James Fleamont Potter or Lily Jane Potter nee Evans, she wanted them to see her for who she was.

So that was what she would do.

"I'm going to make them see me, not James, not Lily, me, they are going to see me, or I will never allow them to be near me." She hissed, as Tom held her at arm's length, seeing the way her eyes sparked with a newfound determination.

"And I will be by your side." Tom said firmly to the girl. Morgan looked at her soulmate smiling gently. 

"You are one of the only few people in this damned world who sees me, and I'm thankful for that." She said gently. "I should go now; the others will be looking for me." She whispered, before pulling out some of her old Gryffindor courage, to hug the man again. Before darting out of the classroom and back into the long winding halls of Hogwarts.

Morgan now feeling more at ease skipped through the halls with Emrys by her side. She was quite content now, especially after hugging her soulmate, twice. She giggled like a little girl at the thought, she had never been able to giggle about boys before, so she made it her mission to have a girly sleep over with the other Slytherin girls, and Luna, and talk about her little crush. She needed advice, and none of them would ever betray her.

"Miss Shelby?" A timid voice asked, turning she came to see Professor R.J. Lupin, dressed like usual and with the Prophet in hand. "I seem to need to give your father my thanks, freeing my friend from Azkaban." Lupin said to the girl.

Morgan looked at him, studying him. She wasn't sure what to say, but she was kept grounded as Emrys would slither through her legs, his fur tickling the skin. "No thanks is needed, professor. After all, papa doesn't trust the Ministry much anymore," she said, keeping it formal between them.

Remus sighed. "You can't lie to me Morgan, I know who you are, I know who your real family are." He said to the witch. He was frightened as her eyes darkened quickly, her lips turning into a snarl. 

"And what would you know, sir, my papa and mama were Thomas Shelby and Grace Shelby, are you trying to deny that something that you were not a part of." She hissed. "I'm quite sick of people assuming things of myself, assuming they know me, but let me tell you, wolf, I am Morgan Ada fucking Shelby, and I will not have anyone disrespect my name, I may share the name of your precious Potter child, but I am not her. I never was." She finished, before turning on her heel and walking away.

And as she turned the corner, Morgan ran, Emrys right behind the girl, as tears slipped down her cheeks, and no, this time these were not tears of sadness they were tears of seething rage. But not at Remus, no, they were at herself, she couldn't let her past life go, she couldn't see that she could change the way they saw her, because she was scared, she was a little girl, with the world on her shoulders, powers stronger than any of those before her. She was a little girl, crying into her hands, as once more Professor Slytherin came to console her, holding her in his arms as the little witch cried.

She was just a little girl, with a future of hurt, and pain, waiting for her.