Chapter Eleven

When a fire burns inside their hearts, they join together as one, they become a united flame

When a fire burns inside their hearts, they join together as one, they become a united flame. Never to lose their strength. They were never to be the villain's anymore. 

*******************************************************************************************

When morning approached, Morgan had for once slept in a little. So she quickly changed, Emrys was wrapped around her shoulder purring, walking out of her dorm and downstairs, she was surprised to see everyone waiting to leave. She looked at Draco who smiled and came over to her. "We decided that we need to change, at least for each other, we need to be more united. We may not be the hero's that people would see, but we are done being the villains in their stories." He said to her softly.

Morgan grinned, "well let's go, brothers and sisters." Morgan laughed as she and Draco stepped out of the Common Room with everyone behind them. Laughter filling the halls. As they stepped into the Great Hall, everyone's eyes bugged out of their heads, seeing just how united the Slytherin's are. All of them jesting with each other, some of the older students inviting Fred and George to join them. The snakes telling them of the perfect places to pull pranks.

Fred and George dabbed at their eyes. "We've corrupted them!" The two cheered as they hugged one another sobbing. The Slytherin's laughed as they started planning some pranks with the twins. Who knew that young Slytherin's had such brilliant ideas.

Luna skipped over to Daphne and sat beside her, resting her head on her shoulder. Daphne smiled brightly before braiding the young girls hair. In that moment Tom Slytherin and Snape walked in to see the smiling faces of their snakes. All of them laughing and enjoying just being kids. "What's happened?" Snape asked his Lord, the man shrugged, it was something very out of character for the stoic Dark Lord. Walking over to the group of snakes they were greeted with bright smiles and good mornings.

They spotted a group of fourth years huddled around the Weasley twins; scheming looks in their eyes. They shuddered at the looks in their young snakes eyes. 

Slytherin's eyes soon fell on Morgan Shelby, the young witch laughing away with her friends. He hadn't seen a smile like that for a while. Walking over to the young witch he asked her a question, "what has caused such harmony in our snakes Miss Shelby?" 

Morgan looked up at her Professor and smiled beautifully. "Everyone learnt something about me last night and we all realised we needed to work together, we needed to be one. A flame cannot work alone, a flame needs fuel to keep burning." She said.

Slytherin and Snape looked at each other before inclining their heads before walking away. The two Professor's happy to leave the students to their own devices. 

But the harmony was shattered when the Headmaster stepped inside the Great Hall. Morgan's eyes narrowed onto the old man, before she continued the happy atmosphere around them. The old fool glared at the happy table of Slytherin's, his old aging eyes glaring at Morgan in particular. She was obviously the cause to why they were happy, why they were united. He looked toward the Weasley twins seeing the two boys glaring at him as the group of Slytherin's around them looked almost scared. The two quickly bringing the attention to them once more.

Morgan watched as the old fool walked to his throne, glaring down at his subjects. But she was no subject of this fool. She was her own Queen, she was her own ruler of her own world. Connecting eyes with the Headmaster, Morgan grinned heartlessly as he tried to see into her mind, only to watch exuberantly as he flinched in pain, blood dribbled down his nose at the strain.

Draco nudged his cousin, the girl turning back to him with a sweet smile on her face.

As breakfast finished the group of Slytherin's made their way to class, Morgan was skipping as she went, Daphne and Pansy holding her arms joining in on the fun. The three girls giggled as they went, when they stopped outside their classroom to wait for the Professor a seventh year Hufflepuff approached Morgan a note in hand.

"Miss Shelby, this is for you." The Hufflepuff smiled before leaving.

Morgan looked at the note seeing the writing she was familiar with. Headmaster Dumbledore.

'Miss Shelby I would like to discuss some of your academics with you. I am also in the mood for Sherbet Lemons.'

She glared at the note before turning to Draco and whispering in his ear. "If I'm not back in ten minutes of class starting send Professor Slytherin to Dumbledore's office."

Draco looked at her with worry but nodded none the less. He watched her walk away, her stride confident and vengeful. "She's about to make hell on Earth." Draco muttered to their friends.

When Morgan approached the statue to the office of the Headmaster, the young girl took a deep breath in and slowly let the air out of her lungs. "Sherbet Lemons." She said with a strong voice, as the statue went up, the girl stepped onto the moving stairs, and allowed it to take her up. She didn't hesitate as she knocked on the door, nor did she hesitate when the old fool greet her with a manipulative smile on his face, Morgan was blank, cold.

"Have a seat my dear." Dumbledore says to her. 

Morgan growls softly and refuses to take a seat as she stands with a straight back, shoulder's rolled back, and head held high. "It is Heir Shelby or Miss Shelby, not anything else." She said with sharp eyes. "Now what is this about my academics?" She questioned staying in her place.

Dumbledore coughed a little before speaking up. "It has come to my attention that you Miss Shelby are in the wrong house."

Morgan was silent before she chuckled darkly, "wrong house, but sir, I'm earning points for my house every day, I've made friends with everyone, I mean I am the Slytherin Princess, haven't you heard." She said fluttering her eyes. "I'll stick with the house I'm in, and I'll be leaving now." She sneered, before turning her back only to find the doors were locked. He was holding her prisoner. Her magic crackled loudly before turning and facing the man. "Let me out!" She shrieked.

"No Miss Potter, I will make sure you learn just who you are." The old fool said to her, his eyes blank. 

"I am not the Potter child!" She shouted, eyes glowing brighter. "If you do not let me out, I will blow these doors up!"

The old fool didn't move, he simply sat there ignoring her threats. So, Morgan lost control, her magic lashed out, throwing the doors off their hinges smashing into the opposite wall, her eyes glowing brighter. Dumbledore's eyes were wide with shock as Morgan huffed in anger. "Miss Shelby!" A calm voice called out from behind her, a pale hand resting on her shoulder. She looked up to see Professor Slytherin, the girl's body relaxed as she leaned against the man, her eyes going back to their normal sparkle.

"Headmaster." Professor Slytherin started looking at the Headmaster white face and wide eyes. "I will say this once, you are not the ruler of Miss Shelby. She is not the Potter child, she has not been sorted wrong, so you need to stop this madness. And quit forcing her out of her lessons." He said calmly before helping the young girl out of the destroyed office, and down the stairs. 

Once far enough away Morgan took a deep breath in collapsed on her knees, she hadn't lost control like that for a long time, she felt drained. "Morgan?" Professor Slytherin whispered as he kneeled beside the girl, she was pale and sweaty.

"I'll be okay, I just need a few seconds to get my magic under control." She whispered as she pulled her magic back in, locking it tightly once more.

After some time, the young girl stood to her feet and looked much better then before. Professor Slytherin motioned her to walk on, before speaking up. "Morgan, next time the old goat drags you into a meeting demand for either myself or Snape... understood."

Morgan looked up at her soulmate and smiled. "Of course, sir." She promised, as they stepped into the classroom, Draco and the rest of the Slytherin's surrounded Morgan comforting the girl and telling her what she had first missed out on in class.

What a strange girl. A powerful one at that.