Chapter Six

Magic is on her side, death is on her side, life is on her side, time is on her side

Magic is on her side, death is on her side, life is on her side, time is on her side. But who is on the side of the scared child. The one who holds her heart. And the one who sees his god sister. 

**********************************************************************************************

Morgan was very displeased of what was happening, she was sat next to Fleur with Cedric behind her and Krum behind Fleur, the older students felt bad for the Shelby heiress, and they had promised to help her during the tournament. They didn't want her to be hurt, especially after Krum and Fleur learned what she had been through in only three years, they felt a strong sense of protection over the girl.

A woman appears in a puff of smoke. She's well-groomed and dressed colourfully. Morgan holds back the groan at seeing Rita, her bright white smile. She wanted to knock her teeth out. "What a charismatic quartet. Hello!" She said as she walks over and shakes each of their hands, Morgan's was quick and brief.

"I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the Daily Prophet. But of course, you know that don't you." She continued as the four look at each other. "It's you we don't know, you're the news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? What mysteries do the muscles mask? Does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick." She questioned them all, Morgan knowing that the woman would not write the article with truth, she couldn't wait for her Auntie Love to have her revenge on the woman. "Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing? Mmm? Shall we start with the youngest. Lovely." She says grabbing Morgan and pulling her into a closet.

"This is cosy." Rita says to the Shelby heiress.

"It's a broom cupboard." She said with a deadpanned look.

"You should feel right at home then." She said and Morgan glares hatefully.

"Excuse me?" She questions but Rita ignores her.

"Don't mind if I use the quill, do you?" Rita asks.

"Yes." She said but ignored again.

"So, Morgan, here you sit, a mere girl of twelve..." Rita says already lying.

"I'm fourteen. You stupid woman."

"...about to compete against three students. Not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself but have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams. Concerned?" Rita asks.

"No, because I am a Shelby who was trained by the best." Morgan growls out.

"Course you're not just any ordinary girl of twelve are you..." Rita continues.

"Fourteen." Morgan hissed, she was getting really fed up with the blonde bitch, she wanted to hit her hard across the face. Or maybe she should hex her, Morgana Le Fay had amazing hexes to use on people. Oh, the endless possibilities.

"The story's legend. Do you think it was the trauma of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament." Rita continued.

"I didn't enter. I even cast a spell to prove it." She groaned out, annoyed. "And what trauma?" She asked shaking her head.

"Course you didn't. Everyone loves a rebel, Morgan." She said with a smirk in the girl's direction. "Scratch that last part." She said turning to her quill, the feather doing exactly that. "Speaking of your parents, were they alive, how do you think they'd feel? Proud? Or concerned that your attitude shows at best a pathological need for attention, at worst a psychotic death wish." 

Morgan blinked before her fists clench tightly. "I'm not the Potter child, I'm Morgan Ada Shelby, what is wrong with you people, stop trying to force something on me when it clearly says in my inheritance that I am a Shelby." Shaking her head Morgan stands. "If I see any of that in the Prophet, your boss will have to answer to my papa, and you don't want to mess with us." She hissed before stomping out of the cupboard and out of the classroom to find her friends.

She was fuming when she stopped and took a breath in, she couldn't believe that half of the wizarding world were full of morons, how could they keep assuming that she was the Potter child. Of course, she knew she was, but that was beside the point. They had proven time and time again that she was Thomas Shelby's daughter through and through, she wasn't anyone else, she had a feeling that Sirius Black and Remus Lupin had something to do with it, both still loyal to the old fool. She sniffled, she couldn't believe that the two people she thought would be on her side still chose Dumbledore, but what could she truly do, they had been with the old fool for years, and she had really just met them now.

"What do I do?" She whispered, before walking away down the corridor. She needed some alone time, and that was what she would obtain. 

Well, that was until Neville invited her down to the Black lake. She of course going with him.

Now outside, Morgan sat reading the book that Moody had given the boy, a form of apology for what had happened in his class, Neville was out looking at the plants with a smile on his face. "Amazing. Amazing." He whispered to himself as Morgan looked up with a soft smile.

"Neville! You're doing it again." She giggled as the boy looked at her with a blush on his face.

"Oh, right sorry." Neville said shaking his head as he looked back at the water, he knew she wasn't being mean to him, she was just letting him know he was starting to forget where he was, again.

"Magical water plants of the highland Lochs?" Morgan asked, looking up at the boy. 

"Moody gave it to me." Neville stated smiling gently. It was silent once more between the two, Morgan continuing to read through the book, she was actually quite interested in what she was reading, what magical properties the plants had, maybe she will find one of the older books her family have a share it with Neville, she had a feeling he would enjoy it a lot.

Neville looked over at Morgan, before he took a deep breath in and said. "Morgan, I know you hate when people assume you're the Potter child but, can I be honest with you?" He asked not looking at the girl now, scared she would abandon him.

Morgan closed her eyes. "Sure, be as honest as you like." She answered.

"I know your Lily and James daughter, your mum was my god-mother, and because of that it makes us god-siblings, and a bond is formed, I can feel it, I can feel our sibling bond, and I want you to know that I'll always be on your side, no one else's." He started, looking at the quiet girl. "I promise to only ever see you as Morgan, not Morgan Potter the girl-who-lived, but as Morgan Ada Shelby, the daughter of Lord Shelby." He finished, his words were absolute, he would only ever see her as who she wanted to be.

Morgan glanced up at Neville, a soft smile on her face. "And I will see you as my brother." She responded.

The two smiled brightly before going back to what they were doing, both happy with how the conversation went. Morgan happy to have another person by her side. Another brother to be her friend and love her as who she is.