Chapter Seventeen

She was smart, she remembered, she was willing to face the challenge once more

She was smart, she remembered, she was willing to face the challenge once more. Just to see the look in the old mans face. When he finds he failed. 

**********************************************************************************************

Having found her cousin, Morgan waved goodbye to Professor Slytherin the man having left them as he had some things to deal with. Mostly with the devil twins having set off some pranks on the seventh year Slytherins and Gryffindors. Morgan giggling at what she saw. The Slytherins had been spelled to be wearing giant lion heads, that they could not take off. And the Gryffindors had been spelled to hiss after every word they would say. Even Draco was giggling about the situation. Rolling her eyes the pair walked to a carriage and sat down. But Morgan took a moment longer as she patted the Thestral. The beautiful creature rubbing its head on her afterwards, welcoming the Mistress of Death. 

The trip was bumpy as they travelled over the rough terrain. But Morgan was content as Draco explained everything that had happened, about the Auror's looking into her poisoning, parents of pureblood families storming into the school wanting answers, even the poor house elves firing, but Morgan explained it was never the poor house elves fault, but he was now working with his Auntie Love. He was happy now.

When the carriage stopped, Draco helped his cousin down, the two staying close together. When suddenly two familiar voices called out. "Bambi!" Turning with a bright smile Morgan accepted the tight hug from the two red headed twins. She was grinning ear to ear as they held her tight. "We've missed you Bambi." The two said.

"I've missed you as well." She stated, her eyes closed in happiness. Something good from her first life holding her tight. "How have you both been?" She asked.

"We have—" Fred started.

"Been bored—" George continued. 

"Without you." They both finished as they rubbed their heads on top of her own. Morgan simply laughed as she held them both tighter.

She was quite happy to keep the hug going until someone cleared their throat from behind them. The four looked behind themselves to see Professor McGonagall looking at them with a raised eyebrow. "Mind explaining why you are blocking everyone from their way into the Great Hall?" She asked.

"Catching—" Fred started.

"Up." George finished, the pair smiling brightly.

Morgan and Draco smiled at the pair, as they pushed the two first years towards the Great Hall, just so they wouldn't be in trouble for the devil twins knew that the older woman had heard about their prank, and they were about to be scolded. So Morgan did what any child would do. "Come on Minnie, let the prank slide it is the first day back since break." She said with a cheeky grin. A look of shock coming to the older woman's face, hearing a name she hadn't heard in so long. "They were only doing it to make me laugh after what happened." She said with an innocent smile.

McGonagall had no idea how to react, so the four took that as a chance to make an escape. Morgan and Draco going to their table, the twins to their own. Dinner went by as normal, and when they went to their dorms, Morgan was stopped by Professor Slytherin, the man handing her, her trunk. "Thank you Professor." She said with a bright smile.

She hadn't had to wait for long as the clock struck midnight. Smirking she rose from her bed and grabbed her map. She followed the way to the third floor corridor. She saw Peeves floating around and so she allowed the darkest smirk to rest on her face. "Oh Peeves." She called out, her tone cold and distant.

"Ickle student out of bed I see! Should tell the Professor's I should!" Peeves cried, a manic grin on his face.

Instead of arguing she simply smiled. "You will do no such thing Peeves." She ordered. Peeves froze in place, confusion on his face but soon it changed to fright, Morgan's eyes glowing a soft red hue. "You tell anyone of seeing me, I'll be sure to send you to the other side." She hissed. "Don't mess with the Mistress of Death Peeves." She finished with a smirk leaving the pesky spirit where he floated.

Walking towards the door she opened it seeing the three headed dog. Deep rumbling growls floated towards her. "My Knight, would you mind playing a tune for me?" She asked her brother, the ghostly apparition appeared before her, a soft tune leaving from a flute. Slowly the dogs growls ceased – it tottered on its paws and fell to its knees, then it slumped to the ground fast asleep. Waiting but a moment, the young witch walked over to the trap door, pulling on the ring handle. She saw pure darkness below.

She looked up to her brother and nodded her head. The boy disappeared back into the necklace as she dropped down into the abyss. With a funny sort of, muffled thump she landed on something soft. "Devil's Snare." She whispered to herself, closing her eyes she felt the plant wrap around her, but it froze as a soft fire like light appeared in her hand. The plant moved quickly away from her, allowing her feet to land on the cobble stone.

All she could hear once more were the gentle drip of water trickling down the walls. The passageway slopped downwards, reminding her of Gringott's. When she made it to the room of winged keys, she used her magic to get the key she needed. It was quick and much better than the first time. The next chamber was just as she remembered, a big, massive chessboard. McGonagall's test. Morgan huffed but played the game, just barely winning, she still wasn't very good, but she had managed.

The next room was normal, she had a sneaking suspicion that the Dark Lord had removed whatever spell or charm on the room, for she saw a little note from the man himself. 'Good luck.'

Softly laughing the young witch continued on and into the room with Snape's riddle.

"Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,

Two of us will help you, whichever you would find,

One among us seven will let you move ahead,

Another will transport the drinker back instead,

Two among our number hold only nettle wine,

Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line.

Choose, unless you wish to stay here for evermore,

To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four:

First, however slyly the poison tries to hide

You will always find some on nettle wine's left side;

Second, different are those who stand at either end,

But if you would move onwards neither is your friend;

Third, as you see clearly, all are different size,

Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides;

Fourth, the second left and the second on the right

Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight."

Morgan almost for a second smiled, but remembered just exactly where she was, so she grabbed the smallest bottle that would get her through the black fire, drinking the potion, she felt the icy feeling coursing through her body. So she stepped through the rising black flames.