Chapter Five

A moon had joined their second year, she wanted nothing more then for the moon to be protected and cared for

********************************************************************************************

The Hogwarts feast was a spectacular time, Morgan having finally gotten to enjoy it for her second year, after all she didn't the first time round. But this time, this time she got to watch as Luna Lovegood was sorted, a smirk on her face as the hat called Ravenclaw. But her smirk was gone as soon as she saw the pointed fingers, the hidden snickers. Draco saw the glare resting on his cousins face. "What is it cousin?" Draco asked her softly.

Morgan turned to Draco and whispered to him softly. "Luna Lovegood, I fear she will be bullied by her own house, I already see the snickers as they point at her."

Draco looked over at the girl and saw she had straggly, waist-length, dirty blonde hair, very pale eyebrows, and protuberant silver eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look. She had an aura of "distinct dottiness" about her. "I'll keep an eye on her for you cousin," Draco declared to Morgan, smiling gratefully at the Malfoy heir she hugged him tightly. 

"Thank you Dragon, I really do hate when people bully someone, for something that makes them unique and much more interesting." Morgan said, Draco hugged her back just as tight. Continuing their dinner, the rest of the Slytherin's joined in the biggest topic of that night.

"Morgan?" Theo asked the young Shelby girl with an air of thought.

"Yes Theo?" She said.

Clearing his throat Theo asked the girl, "why do people believe you are the Potter child? You are a Shelby?"

Morgan smiled. "I'm not sure why, I was born a Shelby, the Headmaster believes I am supposedly the Potter child."

"Why does he think that Tesoro?" Blaise questioned.

"Probably because I share the same first and middle name, but the Potter child has a scar on their forehead, I do not." She said lifting her bangs to allow everyone to see no scar. That had scared her, when they had taken Tom's soul piece from herself, the pain had been excruciating, that the scar had healed itself. Tommy, her papa, was surprised to see it go. 

His Mother had a lot of explaining to do that night.

Everyone hummed, before changing the subject to something else, Morgan was pleased to see everyone move on from that conversation, but she halted as she saw all the first years look at her with fear in their eyes. She frowned, "did I do something to the first years?" She asked Draco quietly.

Draco who looked over and shrugged, "no, it's probably to do with the fact that Professor Slytherin's familiar Nagini is behind you."

Blinking she turned seeing the beautiful python behind her. "Nagini, how are you?" Morgan asked her as the beastly snake wrapped itself up her body hissing as she went.

'I am wonderful, sweet little Morgie-pie, what about you sweet one?' Nagini questioned her as Morgan handed her a bit of chicken.

"I am doing alright, I am a little concerned about Lockhart though, did you see what happened?" Morgan said to her.

Nagini hissed angrily. 'Yes, and I asked Tommyling if I could sink my fangs into him, but he told me not too, how dare that idiot touch you and say you are the Potter child.' 

Nagini's angered hisses sent shivers down the spines of the Slytherin's they were wondering what just exactly the familiar was hissing about, concern was written on their faces, well that was until Draco handed the familiar a piece of steak the angered hisses turning into one of delight. Morgan telling Draco of Nagini's thanks. 

When dinner was completed Morgan was quick to cast a silencing charm over herself and the other second years to avoid the horrid school song, and when it was over they all let a collective sigh leave their lips. Once they had been dismissed the second years and older students headed to their common room, their new password already being handed to them. As they stepped towards the bare stone wall, Morgan said the password. "Ambitio." She said clearly the stone wall moving away allowing them entrance.

Standing in the middle of the common room was Professor Slytherin, the man greeted the students with a nod. "You should all remember the rules you were given the year before, I expect for them to be followed thoroughly, and second years as you may be aware you are all in your own rooms, enjoy this privilege, and if you break any rules you will be sleeping with the first years until your third year." He said to them all.

Morgan and her friends nodded in understanding, as Morgan and the girls were about to go upstairs Tom called Morgan over to him. "Yes Professor?"

"How are you after the little pest grabbed you?" He asked her, he was curious to see how she was, how she was feeling.

Morgan bit her lip looking around herself seeing the first years walk into the common room gawking at the sight. "May we talk about that another day; I don't feel comfortable talking about it here." She said to him.

Tom looked at the first years, before looking back to her. "See me at lunch, we can talk about it then. Good night Morgan." He said, before striding away and to the first years. 

Morgan breathed in deeply before running up to her room, and she quickly found it, the dark oak door opening only to her, walking inside she found a four poster bed with black and green silk bed sheets, a vanity on the other side of the room, a work desk, a bookcase filled with spare class books, her own private bathroom, a closet to hang her clothes, and the best of all a tall window that echoed the soft noises of the lake water that hit the glass.

Going over to her luggage she decided to unpack first before she went to sleep, putting everything in the right order, she smiled happy with her work. "Still can't help yourself but put it in the way your aunt wanted it." A young voice said from behind her.

Turning quickly she saw Merlin sitting on her bed with a smile. "You scared me." Morgan huffed, glaring at the warlock.

Merlin laughed at his ancestor. "You should be more aware of everything around you." He said with a pointed look.

Rolling her eyes Morgan walked over to the warlock. "How does it go, the search I mean?" She asked him.

Merlin's smile dimmed, "it goes as normal, waiting for any sign."

Morgan smiled gently bringing Merlin into a hug, she knew how much it hurt for Merlin seeing his best friend die and die in his arms. They sat together for some time as Merlin let the warmth from Morgan fill his sad heart. "One day Merlin, one day Arthur will come home,"