Chapter Fourteen

It was a task she didn't want to do, but things were different now, things would go her way, or Death would have a soul to collect

*******************************************************************************************

Music is playing and a large crowd is gathered. Morgan and her fellow champions emerge, Morgan looked into the crowd to see her family were there. She smiled and waved in their direction, happy to see them. Aphrodite wanting to be even more over the top than usual, wore a fan made outfit, that was all about her, she had even given outfits to the rest of Slytherin, all of them cheering loudly. Morgan slapped her hand on her forehead at the sight, she was about to think they would never do something like that, but its Aphrodite, she could get anyone to do something.

She turns to Dumbledore, sighing as he begun to speak. "Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." He halts as the crowd cheer on hearing his name. "...and Miss Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum..." The Bulgarian crowd go nuts for their star. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round." Dumbledore explains to the crowd, everyone in excitement continued their cheers for their champion.

Now the old fool was with the champions, as he says to them. "In the maze you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way."

Morgan rolls her eyes as she faces her selected entrance. Mad-eye steps forward, but he looks at Morgan with something in his eyes, like he knew something. "Champions! Prepare yourselves." Mad-eye states, Cedric, who was allowed to have family with him, hugs his father.

"On the count of three... ONE..." Dumbledore begins, when the cannon goes off. Mr Filch shrugs comically. Dumbledore groans.

Morgan and Cedric enter the maze through different entrances. The entrance closes up behind Morgan as the heavy mist sets in, the maze is many stories tall. Morgan starts traversing through the maze, creature noises are all around. The last two contestants had finally been welcomed into the maze, as Morgan turns the corner, she sees Fleur being swallowed into the undergrowth.

"Fleur? Fleur!" She shouts running over to the girl, she was too late as the French teen disappeared. She sighs and sends up a red spark into the air. A heavy wind starts blowing, walls are closing in, Morgan runs. She sees something shining in the distance and so she moves towards it Viktor comes up from behind her and tries to zap her but misses.

"Get down!" She hears Cedric shouts, and Morgan ducks fast, and Viktor gets zapped by Cedric. Cedric runs up and kicks the wand out of Viktor's hand. He points his wand at Viktor's body as if to finish him off, but Morgan was not going to have the Hufflepuff boy hold onto the guilt of killing someone, so she runs up and intervenes.

"No stop! He's bewitched Cedric." Morgan shouts, as they begin to struggle.

"Get off me!" Cedric shouts, wanting to kill the boy before them.

"He's bewitched!" She shouts again, finally pulling him away as the two runs towards the cup. The undergrowth of the maze had other ideas as it grabs Cedric, and he falls to the ground. Morgan looks back. Cedric is pinned down with no means of escape.

"Morgan! Morgan!" He screams in terror as he is dragged. Morgan doesn't waste time, as she runs over to the boy and casts a nasty hex on the undergrowth, the two huff in exhaustion as they look around themselves.

"Some game huh?" Cedric jokes with the girl, Morgan smirks and shakes her head.

"Some game." She laughs, just as the wind blows once more.

"Go. Take it, you saved me!" Cedric shouts, but Morgan wasn't going to fight the boy this time, she knew one hundred percent that this was a portkey that would take the winner back to the start, Slytherin telling her the absolute truth this time.

"No, I never wanted this, Cedric!" She shouts smiling. "You are the true Champion of this game, and no matter what you say, I'm not taking it! You deserve the glory, and for what it is worth, you've been a help to me this game, we helped each other, and I'm glad that it was you that I worked with." She continues before pushing the boy to the cup, Cedric stared wide eyed before he vanished from sight.

She smiled as she lifted her wand and shot the red flare into the sky, she heard a pop and smiled as she saw Professor Slytherin appear. "Professor." She greeted as she walked over to the man.

"Morgan, you didn't take the cup?" He questioned, tilting his head. "Why?" 

Morgan smiled gently, "because, I didn't ever want to win, I didn't want to be in this game, so why take the win from the true Champion."

Tom Slytherin smirked at the girl before offering his arm to the girl, which she takes, the two pop away from where the cup originally was and back to the start of the game where she sees her papa, laughing she runs over to the man and jumps into his arms as he holds her tightly. "Papa!" She squeals, as he kisses the top of her head. 

"Hello little one." He says softly, his arms tightening around her. He places her back on her feet as the Slytherin's come over cheering. "I'm proud of you my little one." Her papa says, as he places his hand on her head. She giggles happily, she loved when her papa was proud of her, she never really had that before.

"Guess you're a loser, Potter." Ronald Weasley taunts towards the girl. 

Morgan's joy vanished quickly, as she turns and faces the boy. "Do I look like I care about winning?" She asks. "No, because I don't care, I never wanted to be in this game, I wanted to have one normal fucking year, so yeah, I don't care. Oh, and I'm not a Potter, I'm a Shelby, through and through." She states before turning to her friends who surround her, some of the boys pushing the Weasley boy back.

The Slytherin's and Morgan's family were proud that she had won in her own way, and that she was safe. That was all that mattered to them.