Chapter Thirteen

He came in walking with purpose, he ignored those around him

He came in walking with purpose, he ignored those around him. His one goal to speak with his daughter and tell her the rules. And to show he never is angry, not with her.

***************************************************************************************

With smoke billowing from his lips, Tommy looked up at Hogwarts, his brothers on either side of him. He had been waiting until the weekend to speak with his daughter about using a certain spell. Merlin his old friend had tried to quell the deity's anger, and he had but he still needed to speak to her about the use of such powerful spells. Her core although strong, brilliant actually, was still uncontrollable, a danger if it was let out of it's locked chest.

After all they had spent a month trying to build this chest, to control the power.

"You sure about this Tommy?" Arthur asked his brother as the older man snuffed the cigarette out. He was not going to be smoking around children. 

Tommy didn't answer just walked forward, the last inhale of his own cigarette leaving his parted lips. The two brothers followed the man, the pair just wanting to see their niece. They all missed her very much. Aphrodite would be pissed to hear they went to visit her without bringing her with them. But this was not a social call. Walking up the to door's Tommy waved his hand, the giant doors swinging open, announcing their presence to the three men.

Dumbledore appeared; his eyes wide with shock. "Welcome Misters Shelby's, I had no idea you were coming today." The old coot said in greeting to the three men. Tommy didn't give much mind to the man, he knew where he needed to go, his bond with his daughter showing him the way.

"That is because I didn't tell you." Tommy stated as he made his way down to the Great Hall.

"Sir, it is important you alert us to your visits." Dumbledore seethed softly, his old man persona cracking just a tiny bit. 

Tommy almost rolled his eyes. He didn't have time for the coot, so he elected to continue to ignore him. Arthur and John smirking as they followed their brother. The three men spooked some of the first years, other students were confused, and some were surprised at seeing the three Shelby men. This was something that happened once in a lifetime, they were excited to letter their parents about seeing the three men.

Stepping into the Great Hall it was loud with chatter, none of the students eating their breakfast had seen the men, but Morgan had. She should have known that her papa would still come to have a talk with her. Looking at Draco she smiled. "Dragon, can you make sure the elves don't take my breakfast, I'll be back in a moment." She asked her cousin.

Draco nodded his head smiling at his cousin. "Of course Angel."

Smiling back, Morgan got up from her seat and made her way to her papa and uncles. Now this had caught the students and the Professor's attention. "Papa." Morgan greeted her body showing control and poise, but her mind was racing, her eyes holding back the tears that threatened to fall. She hated disappointing her papa. She really did.

"Morgan." Tommy greeted, before turning away and going to a private classroom. Morgan following right behind him.

Stepping into the room, Tommy waved his hand cutting all magical devices, in sight and in hiding. Morgan casted a silencing charm on the classroom, knowing what needed to be done. Her Uncles on the other hand, leaned against the wall right next to the door. To stop people from coming in.

Tommy and Morgan stood in silence staring into each other's eyes. It wasn't a power play, to see who was going to win this fight, no, it was simply just the pair trying to find the words to start the talk.

So she sighed. "I'm sorry," she had whispered, looking down at the floor. "I didn't think anything would come of me saying the spell, I thought because I wasn't close to the lake and cauldron that they would just be words." She explained.

Tommy listened as she started to ramble, pulling at her fingers, a nervous habit she had picked up on. Smiling gently Tommy kneeled down to her height, no wanting to over stimulate her. "Morgan." Tommy spoke up, stopping her in her ramble although cute, it wasn't helping her calm down. "Yes I'm upset with you for doing that, because you should know that no matter where you are a spell is a spell, your words still brought magic out, almost breaking the lock on your magic," Tommy started his voice firm, but it was not at all angered with her. He was never angry with her, just disappointed she had forgotten that little rule. "I am only here to remind you of that rule."

"A spell is a spell; we do not recite unless need be." Morgan whispered looking into her papa's eyes.

"That's right little one." He muttered bringing the young witch into a tight hug. The pressure helping calm her racing heart.

"I'm still very sorry papa, and I promise it won't ever happen again." Morgan whispered into his chest, breathing in his scent. She missed her papa dearly, always being attached at the hip as she grew up, he was her comfort, he was her safety.

"I forgive you little one," Tommy said to her, his tone gentle. As he let go of her he put his hands on her cheeks cupping her face. "Remember, I love you no matter what little one, nothing will change that, ever." 

"I love you too Papa."

Standing from the floor, Tommy dusted his jacket, and adjusted his cap back onto his head. "Now, be good little one, and another thing to remember, you are a Shelby, we don't take crap from anyone." Tommy pointed, winking in jest at the girl.

Morgan giggled as she nodded her head. Turning to her Uncles now Morgan raced over hugging John in a tight hug, and then doing the same with Arthur. The three chatting away. Tommy smiled gently, before motioning to his brothers. "We have to go now." He said firmly. "We will see you over the Christmas break little one." Tommy said to his daughter as they walked out of the classroom seeing Dumbledore waiting on the other side pacing up and down. "Headmaster." Tommy said curtly before striding out of the school with his brother's behind him.

"Sir." Morgan said in the same tone, not giving the man any chance to ask her anything as she too strode away, back to the Great Hall to eat breakfast.

And that was how her day went, hiding behind walls and scurrying from place to place, avoiding the Headmaster at all cost. And as time went on and he didn't find the girl, he had given up his search. The only ones to be able to locate the girl were the twins, Draco, Tom, and Nagini. And that's how she liked it; they were the people she trusted right now.