Chapter Two

It had started

It had started... the rain of pink, but the rain would soon turn red. For that was the colour she adored, for it was the colour she loved to throw around the room. Hell was coming, Death was approaching.

********************************************************************************************

Morgan and her friends were all whispering to one another, the girl ignoring a certain cold stare, she had a feeling he had learned of their connection. She wasn't sure how to approach that, she would have to speak with Grace about what she should do. Sighing softly, she glanced at him just for a moment, but she turned away seeing the disgruntled look on his face having to sit beside the pink toad.

She felt bad for him.

Turning away, she giggled seeing Luna chatting away with Theo, the young girl having confused everyone to the point they let her do what she wanted, they didn't know what house she was in anymore, they gave up. Fred and George were with their own Slytherin friends discussing a new product they had in the works, she smiled gently happy to have this around her, all this love, it was something she craved.

Draco nudged Morgan softly, the girl turning to see Dumble's standing before the school, a manipulative smile on his face, the annoying twinkle in his eye. He looks over everyone from his stage and addresses them all. "I beg a few moments of your attention, as I have a few start of term announcements." He begun, everyone hushing their chatter. "Right off, our caretaker, the good Mr. Filch, has reminded me for what he says is the four-hundred and sixty-second time that he had an annually updated list of various banned items, usually introduced by our humor experts Fred and George Weasley..."

Fred and George stand and take a bow to cheering, laughter, and yells.

"...which are posted in an extensive list on the door to Mr. Filch's door." Dumble's continues in the midst of the cheering.

Morgan grins at her brothers, who both send her cocky smirks.

"Also, we have two staffing changes this year. Professor Grubby-Plank will be taking the post of Care of Magical Creatures post as Professor Hagrid is on... extended leave." Dumbledore explains to them all, Morgan hums softly but doesn't react to the old fools' words. "Additionally, we have Professor Umbridge, who has kindly agreed to fill in the fifth year Defence Against the Dark Arts-"

Before the woman could stand the fifth years grew annoyed shouting anger and protests. "What the hell! For the last four years we've had different Professors! Why can't we have Professor Slytherin teach us for once!" Blaise shouts loudly. Everyone agreeing with him.

"Hem, hem, Headmaster, if I could address the school?" Umbridge says with a cruel smile on her face. She was annoyed with the students protesting, and that she couldn't teach every grade. Dumble's nods allowing the woman forward.

"Thank you, Headmaster. Now, how are we all doing tonight? I thought I would say a few words. I am here at the Ministry of Magic's bequest, under Educational Decree twenty-two, which states that if the Headmaster of Hogwarts is unable to fill any teaching post the Ministry shall select one for the position." She states to the school. The fifth years were confused, what was she on about.

Morgan then stood everyone turning to the Shelby heiress. "I'm sorry, how can you be here, when we already have all the positions filled, Professor Slytherin is and has always been the Defence Professor! So why!" She shouts annoyed, she wanted one year away from all of this bullshit. Everyone around her murmured their agreement, why was she here. 

Umbridge ignores the girl and continues to speak nonsense. "The Ministry has always considered the magical education of our children to be of vital importance, and the passing down of this ancient and noble art must be given to the next generation, lest it be lost forever." She says to them all pausing to let the words sink in, but no one listened, they just glared. "Without progress, stagnation. But progress for progress's sake is to be discouraged, for out art requires no tinkering." She states with a smile. "A balance my be attained, the new and the old, permanence and change, tradition and innovation, order and chaos. There are large changes coming soon, changes walking the fine line between order and chaos. Know only that these changes are for the best, and to prevent the destruction of civilization from its own decay. Thank you."

Everyone was quiet, not a single thing was said. "Do you think if I wrote to father, he may let me be taught at home?" Draco asked loudly, everyone turned to the white-haired boy. 

"Maybe if I asked papa we could be dropped from the course, and teach ourselves?" Morgan suggested, everyone watched the pair enviously, while Umbridge glared. "I'm going to write to him now, what's password?" Morgan asked Draco who whispered it into her ear. The girl nodded and left the Great Hall to go and write a letter. Like hell she would be in a classroom with that toad. 

At the staff table, Tom Slytherin smirked, watching her go, he would speak to her soon, about everything he had learned, but for now he would look over her, keep her safe, protected from harm. Especially from the toad that sat beside him. She had tried flirting with him the whole night, but he ignored her efforts, turning to speak with Snape instead, the two men discussing what to do with their Snakes, they had noticed the looks Fred, George, and their group of friends had been making. 

Everyone was in for some hell this year. And if anything happened to Morgan because of the woman beside him, they would cause destruction, after all, you never touch, never hurt, never speak ill of the Slytherin Queen the Shelby heiress. The one who had the wicked smile, and violent eyes.