Chapter One

The twins learn of just who she is, so they became something for her

The twins learn of just who she is, so they became something for her. They became the family she wanted. Her family grew bigger, and so did her heart. 

********************************************************************************************

Morgan ran through one of the halls of Shelby manor, eyes wide and hair flying, her feet bare as she wanted to make no noise. The small girl was grinning madly as she ducked around a corner, a small burst of glitter flittering around the corner she hid behind. "You missed!" She called out, before running away once more. Two tall red-haired boys with glowing blue eyes rounded the corner seeing the girl gone now.

"We will get you cousin!" The two shouted laughing as they ran after her. 

Over the holidays the twins had learnt about just exactly who Morgan truly was, and had shrugged it off, they didn't mind that she was hiding who she was, and they accepted that. But when they learned that Thomas Shelby was actually Death, the actual deity and that Arthur and John Shelby were Tempus and Life. And when they asked the twins to be their chosen ones like Morgan was for Death, they accepted it straight away. Morgan was so happy that she tackled the boys and hugged them tightly, she was excited to have more family, especially the twins.

Now it was only a month away till they went back to Hogwarts, the three had grown close over the summer, becoming thick as thieves, it was to the point that her and the twins were able to understand one another just by looking at each other. Morgan looked behind herself before slipping into the shadows. The young girl appeared inside her papa's office, the man lifting an eyebrow at the girl as she giggled. 

"Hi papa." She greeted as she grabbed a shield from the wall, grinning madly. Death shook his head as he daughter ran out of his office, with a warrior's cry, he listened as the twins screamed as they were pelted with the glitter bombs, they had created. Morgan having recruited Micah to help her, her brother was instantly on her side.

Death shook his head once more before looking over his papers. He tilted his head seeing the forms to allow one Remus Lupin to work at Hogwarts. He hummed as he thought it over, did he want Morgan to have to deal with something that made her feel lost, she had told him when she was younger that it angered her how Sirius would treat her like she was her father James, when she didn't know the man, she hated how Remus wouldn't hold her when she wanted someone to just tell her everything would be okay. They weren't being the family she really wanted.

"Let him work there." James's voice came out. The spirit appearing before Death.

It seems his daughter's power had allowed for the spirits to appear whenever they wanted. Sighing he looked up with a raised eyebrow. "Why?" He questioned. "Why would I let our daughter go through this pain again?" He asked him.

James smiled. "Because she's us, she will fight and argue back, she is a Potter, and a Shelby. She needs to tell them just who she is now, and that's not me, and it's not Lily, or you, she is Morgan Ada Shelby, daughter of Lily Potter, James Potter, Grace Shelby, and Thomas Shelby. She is who she was always meant to be." James finished before vanishing away. 

Death smiled before signing off on the form and letting it vanish from his hands. Shaking his head, he went on to more important paperwork, Death certificates and where they were to go, so many heavens and so many hells.

Morgan was now hiding atop the chandelier, beside her was a box filled with balloons, all potion filled. She listened as thundering feet were heard slamming on the wooden floor. Micah appeared beside his little sister grinning as Fred and George slid on the marble floor into the room. Winking the two tipped the box over the balloons falling on the twins. 

Loudly laughing Morgan and Micah high-fived, as the ghost vanished them away from the room, while the twins groaned in annoyance at being caught. "I'm the daughter of a Marauder! I'll always get away with it." Morgan called to them as her and Micah hid inside the young girls' rooms, laughter filling it.

It was an hour later that the manor calmed. Morgan was laid with her head on Micah's lap as the young boy combed his fingers through her hair, each stroke calming the young heiress. "How are you feeling about going back to Hogwarts this year?" Micah questioned her.

Morgan frowned. "Nervous, I'm not sure how things are going to go, you know." She whispered. "I'm not sure how I will react to if Remus will be there, or what will be happening with Sirius." She continued. Morgan was concerned about her third year; she really wasn't sure what she would do with her father's old friends. "I am hoping that I will be able to go to Hogsmeade though, as this time I have a parent's signature." She said smiling brightly. Micah laughed gently as the two sat inside her room relaxing.

Tommy finally emerged from his office as he walked down the long stretch of hall, the portraits of many famous celebrities moving and speaking to one another, when he came to the next one, he saw Morgan sitting in front of one particular portrait chatting away happily. He smiled watching the young witch and the blonde woman speaking with smiles on their faces. "Grace," Morgan squealed gently. "I can't do that." She whispered giggling. Grace Shelby smiled happily at the young girl.

"Why not?" Grace asked her.

"Because I'm only thirteen!" Morgan said smiling brightly.

Tommy walked up behind his daughter with a smirk. "Hey, what are you trying to have my daughter do?" He asked Grace. Grace and Morgan looked at each other once more before giggling.

"Nothing Death." Grace responded as the real Thomas Shelby in portrait form appeared beside his wife. He raised an eyebrow at the two, before nodding his head at Death.

"Oh, Mister Shelby, hi!" Morgan greeted smiling. Tommy smirked at the young girl.

"Hello Morgan, you ready for another year?" He asked the girl.

Morgan didn't speak up, but when she looked at Grace she smiled gently. "Of course, I'm a Shelby, us Shelby's are always ready, for anything." She responded, before waving goodbye and skipping away, Death nodded to the King and Queen of Small Heath, before following after his daughter and going to have dinner. Another year was just around the corner, another year of surprises await the young Morgan Ada Shelby.

But will she be okay, when she hears the howls of a wolf who misses his cub.