Chapter Eight

The day Hogwarts felt the magic of a true magic user, the day a young girl became one with the world once more

***********************************************************************************************

Morgan woke much earlier than her fellow roommates, the need to protect herself from the people around her was a much more heightened sense. She knew in her mind they would not hurt her or be rude, as she is a Shelby. But the years of living with the Dursley's in her first life would never leave her, never. There was also the fact her supposed best-friends were the reason she died in the first place. Shaking the thoughts from her head, Morgan cast a time spell to see that it was 5 in the morning. The sun just starting to rise from the sky, quietly the young witch dressed in a simple dress, she had no reason to wear her uniform just yet and dirty it.

Walking out of her room barefoot, hair flowing freely down her back, Morgan raced down the stairs, a bright grin on her face as a sneaky little map rested in her hands. The Marauders Map, her very own she should add, her papa helping with bringing both her parents forward. James was all for helping his little Bambi become an amazing prankster, well that was until she told him she wasn't very much into pranks, more or less she was interested in doing better in school then what she did her first time round.

James didn't know how to feel as he sat in the corner of her papa's office and sobbed. Lily smiling proudly about her daughter wanting to do better in school. 

It was quite interesting seeing her mother and father. The two already knowing about her second attempt at making things right. Now that had been a conversation, what Lily and James had told their daughter, how it was Dumbledore that was the reason behind everything. The fake prophecy for one, he had even made sure it was Snape that heard the crazy loon of a seer tell the prophecy. Dumbledore was the reason behind it, he had used the imperious curse on the woman. Her papa, mother, and father had been shocked to see the raw magic flare from her. Tommy had never realised just how powerful his daughter was.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Morgan whispered as she tapped the parchment with her wand. And in cursive the words Messrs. Whitetail is proud to present The Cateran Map. 

Morgan smiled seeing the new name. She was not going to call her own map the name her father, and two uncles had come up with. Pettigrew doesn't count the asshole will be getting his just desserts soon. She had decided that this was a new era, and she needed her own little thing. She had usured her father that there were going to be the best pranksters already in Hogwarts before her and she was happy to show him just what the Devil Twins were like. Prongs was their biggest fan.

Stepping into the hall, Morgan snuck her way down the quiet corridors, eyes scanning in front of her and then scanning the map. She was happy to see no one was awake right now. It meant more time to connect with the world around her, let her magic be free. She had taken a different route then the front door it being a massive door, and she had a feeling that Dumbledore had that door under lock and key.

Pushing the little door she had located her sixth year and used frequently afterwards, Morgan breathed in happily seeing the rising sun. Her sapphire and emerald eyes sparkled brightly with happiness at seeing the sun, Life's little gift to the world around them, the moon being Death's. Morgan walked just a little bit away from the door and stopped at a bench, the lone bench having seen better days. Waving her hand over the bench the wood became sturdy and whole once more, the iron bars becoming shiny under the suns glowing rays. 

Instead of taking her place on the bench Morgan sat cross-legged on the grass, closing her eyes, and letting the lock on her magic click open. The ripple of magic brought the area around her alive. Flowers once dead revived, grass brown as the dirt turned green and lush, and just to her right an old Willow tree its smaller branches became supple and flexible like reeds allowing the small breezes too set the entire tree in motion. The leaves became their slender and oval-shape once more. This was Morgan's happy place when she needed time away from the rest of the school, this is where she would allow herself to feel.

Morgan opened her eyes once more as she locked away her magic a little bit. She smiled seeing the beautiful world around her. But now, now it was time to begin, standing from the ground she dusted the back of her skirt off and skipped her way back to the corridors of Hogwarts. Map out once more, she dodged the ghosts as they chatted merrily. She avoided Mrs. Norris's glowing red eyes, and when she stepped into the common room of her new House, she grinned. It was the first day of classes and Morgan couldn't be happier.

She rushed up to her room and changed into her school robes, the Slytherin emblem sitting perfectly. And she would admit it looked much better than the Gryffindor emblem. More her. Skipping back down to the common room, she sat in a leather chair facing the fireplace, her thoughts wandering from her.

First she started with what she remembered of the Timetable. It sort of lined up with Slytherin's, but she wouldn't be to sure, though it should be the same considering they always put the two houses that hated each other together.

Breakfast is at 7:30 am till 8:50 am. Which is a while away since it was only 6 am now. Lunch is at 11:45 am till 12:45 pm. An hour to work on making more allies a perfect time. She could defiantly make some friends being that she was Draco's friend now. Dinner is at 7:35 pm till 8:35 pm. Again perfect to make allies, or friends, she would prefer friends, so would her Auntie Love. And lights out at 9 for her, a good time to sleep, especially for her age, that and her papa always made her go to bed at that time. But some nights she might have to let her inner Marauder out. 

Now the class schedule that one she was a little unsure of. She would just have to wait and see when Snape would hand them their timetable. She couldn't wait to see when she would have her Defence class with Professor Slytherin. It was quite exciting now.