Chapter Five

He was mad, he was angry, why did he feel this way, why did she make him worry

He was mad, he was angry, why did he feel this way, why did she make him worry. He still didn't know, just how far their connection went. 

***********************************************************************************************

Thomas Slytherin strode into the Hospital wing of Hogwarts, eyes blazing with rage. He slammed the doors open the Headmaster and Madame Pomfrey jumping back in fright. "Why has she not been sent to St. Mungo's Hospital!" He yelled loudly, seeing Morgan bandaged up, her face covered as blood seeped onto the white bandage.

"Madame Pomfrey is capable of handling this." Dumbledore responded, but Tom saw that irritating twinkle in his eyes. He was going to do something to the poor girl.

"I am not capable of such a magnitude Albus, as I have been saying to you, she needs to go there now!" Madame Pomfrey shouts. "Professor Slytherin, will you please remain with Miss Shelby while I go and contact the hospital. I have faith you have contacted her family?" Madame Pomfrey said to Tom.

"Of course, they have a spare room waiting for her at the hospital, they just need permission from you to come in." Tom stated to the elder witch, she nodded her head before walking away, to go and allow permission. "And you, Headmaster, should be prepared for the board of governors. They'll be interested to learn what happened." The man hissed, his eyes a blazing molten red.

Dumbledore's hand clenched in a tight fist, as he strode away, aggravated.

Slytherin sighed as he walked over to the young girl, her head tilted on its right side, avoiding the slash that rested upon her left cheek. Her left arm strapped tightly, even as the white of the bandage was stained pink and red. He rested his had atop her head as her eyes begun to flutter open. "Professor." She whispered.

Morgan could feel the stinging pain on her face, her eyes felt heavy as she breathed in gently.

"It's alright young one, we will get you to the hospital shortly," Tom whispered to her. "Morgan? Do you feel anything strange?" He asked, he wasn't too sure that Dumbledore hadn't tried something on the young heiress. He watched as Morgan closed her eyes, sensing with her magic. 

"No, I feel fine, just hurting." She whispered gently. "It wasn't Hagrid's fault nor Buckbeak's." Morgan whispered. "Draco just forgot, he was too excited, it's no one fault. Why does this always happen to me." She said as her eyes closed again, falling asleep once more.

It wasn't long when the nurses from St. Mungo's appeared, the three women quickly got Morgan ready to leave Hogwarts, Lord Slytherin following right behind them. He was not leaving her alone. They quickly transported themselves to St. Mungo's the nurses and doctors instantly working on Morgan's wounds.

Slytherin was approached by Lord Shelby, his eyes were cold, distant. "Only yourself Lord Shelby?" Slytherin questioned softly.

"Our family is doing something important; Morgan would be angered with us if we stopped to come and check in on her." Tommy answered softly. "What happened?" He asked watching the men and women working on his daughter. He was clam, but inside he was angry, he wanted to rip someone to shreds in this moment, seeing the marks on his daughter's face, sadly she would be stuck with those scars for the rest of her life now, nothing would be able to fix it, not even he could. 

"Hagrid was teaching his students about Hippogriffs, Morgan volunteered to introduce herself to the creature, she was allowed to approach, she even got to fly on the beasts back." Slytherin begun to explain. "When Buckbeak landed, the class was excited, they all wanted to have a go, heir Malfoy in the excitement forgot and he raced to Morgan to congratulate her, Buckbeak panicked, and your daughter didn't want her friend to be hurt, so she pushed him away, taking the hit."

Tommy sighed gently. "She cares for everyone, she always has, I'm sad she is hurt, but I wouldn't want her to change," he said softly, as one of the healers came over to them. "How is she?" Tommy questioned, his eyes still this icy cold blue, he was still angry, but he was less so.

"She sustained multiple cuts through her left arm and on her face, as a Hippogriff is a magical creature, we are unable to fully heal the wounds, Heiress Shelby will be scarred for the rest of her life, and she will unfortunately be partially blind in her left eye." The healer said to Tommy Shelby, Lord Slytherin watched the stoic man close his eyes and sigh softly.

"She was supposed to have a good year," he said firmly, as a chair off to the side exploded. Screams were heard from down the hall as they stared at Lord Shelby in surprise. They were shocked, no one had ever seen the man lose control. "When can she leave?" Tommy asked.

"The end of the week, she can leave and go back to school," the healer said clearing his throat.

Tommy nodded his head. "May we go see her?" The man said looking over at the healer.

"Of course, sir." The healer stated. Tommy nodded as he looked back over at Lord Slytherin.

"Are you coming?" Tommy asked, Slytherin nodded following the intimidating man. The two men slipped inside the room, seeing Morgan sleeping peacefully, the scars on her face making her seem more warrior like. Tommy came to sit beside his daughter the girl's eyes fluttering open.

"Papa," she whispered gently. "Professor?" She questioned, as the two men surrounded her in a dark embrace. "I just wanted a good year." She whimpered as tears slipped down her cheeks, the poor girl was tired, tired of everything going bad, why couldn't Morgan enjoy one year.

"Morgan, yes it sucks, but do you know what, you are doing this life again because you want change, and you are the only one brave enough to make that change, no one else, not even I, not even I could do what you are doing," Slytherin started to say to the girl. "You keep the fight going, because in the end, Dumbledore is the fool, for making your life the way it is, you Morgan will be the change that the wizarding world needs."

Morgan sniffled gently, before a small smile grew on her face. "Thank you." She whispered gently, as Slytherin smiled to her as Death smiled gently watching the two. Holding his daughter's hand, he caressed the back of her hand as she whispered with her professor, he was thankful that at least she would have her soulmate. And the family she has made at Hogwarts.