Chapter 21 - Staying For The Night

Su Ling's body stiffened into a straight line. His hand that was grasping on Gu Liheng's hand unconsciously exerted more force. Because of emotional tension, his body wanted to emit pheromones but was blocked by the isolator, causing his neck to feel stuffy.

Gu Liheng glanced at the beasts around them, his voice was steady as he said, "They were attracted by the fragrance."

Worried that his voice would be too loud and startle the wild beast, Su Ling pressed himself against Gu Liheng's back and whispered, "Do you want me to put away the spiritual plants?"

Gu Liheng could feel a slightly hot and wet sensation from his back. A ticklish numbing sensation ran through his arm and went straight to the palm of his hand. His shoulder moved slightly.

"No, the moment the fragrance disappears, their attention will immediately shift to us."

Though they were wearing green camouflage uniforms, which have a good camouflage effect, but the spiritual plants were right next to them. With the beasts placing all of their attention on the spiritual plants, he and Su Ling would be very conspicuous if the spiritual plants suddenly disappear. Gu Liheng quickly made a decision, "After 10 seconds, I will throw out some compressed smoke spheres around us, and you take the opportunity to put away the spiritual plants. Then we will move to other places."

Su Ling uttered an ‘En’ as an acknowledgement. Then he raised his hand to touch the stud earring while staring at the spiritual plants.

A few seconds later, Gu Liheng said, “Now!"

The moment Gu Liheng finished speaking, many black pearl-like spheres suddenly appeared in his hands. He moved his feet slightly, then flung out the spheres in his hands to all directions. Instantly, thick white smoke rose around, and Su Ling quickly returned the spiritual plants to his space storage. Sounds from various beasts and chaotic footsteps could be heard from the smoke. After listened intently for a moment, Gu Liheng took out a gas mask to Su Ling and pulled Su Ling to continue walking south.

A moment later, the two of them reached the center of the smokescreen, and all the beasts had already run away. Surrounded by white smokes, they could not see anything except each other. However, this state only lasted for less than half a minute. They passed through the smoke, and their vision restored. It was messy around them, everywhere were scattered leaves and lower trees were bent; obviously caused by the beasts that had just run away.

Su Ling pulled down the mask and looked around. He could still see the animals running away in the far distance, he asked, "If I take out the spiritual plants again, the fragrance will attract them. What should I do?"

Gu Liheng: "Repeat the same thing again."

Su Ling looked up at him, his expression was calm and normal, and he was not nervous at all. That makes Su Ling curious, was it due to Gu Liheng having a steady state of mind or he just has an abnormal facial expression?

Su Ling: "Are you not afraid?"

Gu Liheng could hear Su Ling’s breathing rate a little faster than usual. His tone was calm as he replied, "Don't be afraid, we have enough equipment, and someone is ready to back up at any time. We are safe."

Su Ling patted his chest and tried to breathe evenly. He laughed and said, "Fortunately, I have you on this trip. I thought too simple of it and have underestimated the danger."

Gu Liheng: "You will still be well-prepared even if I don't come. Your plan was very meticulous."

After reading the travel plan, Gu Liheng knew that the young man could do this well, but he(SL) would need a lot of money to buy the supplies.