Chapter 54 - Investigation

Chapter 55 - Investigation

People in Planet Belle could finally relax because Marshal Manton has escaped danger, but the atmosphere in the Gu mansion’s living room was very stiff.

Mother Gu is wearing a black and white plaid skirt; her hair is curled up, looking beautiful and capable. There is a gentle smile on her face, just that the smile did not reach her eyes. Her gaze fell on the face of the handsome-looking man sitting on the opposite side as she spoke unhurriedly.

"Gu An, you don't need to be nervous. You also know that auntie has been ill for many years, and couldn’t remember some things very clearly. That’s why I asked you to come so you can help me to recall what happened before your uncle's accident."

Both Gu An and Gu Liheng’s grandfather are brothers. Gu An is only 2 years younger than Gu Liheng, but because of his delicate appearance, Gu An looked younger and smaller. Gu An put his hands on his knees, gripping hard. His fingertips were white, and he smiled apologetically, "Auntie, I did think about it carefully, but I really can't remember. I was only 6 years old when uncle had an accident." He paused, "I only remember that my father was very sad when he got the news."

Mother Gu looked away from his face and sighed sadly, "My bad, I didn’t think of that. I should ask your father about this matter instead. But I heard that he is on a business trip to Planet Klai recently, so I went to you."

Gu An's eyes shifted slightly, "Brother may have an impression?"

"Ah Heng? I asked him before, but I want to know more about your uncle." Tears flashed in Mother Gu's eyes.

Gu An warmly advised, "Auntie, don't be sad. Uncle is looking down from Heaven, and he definitely won't want to see you sad."

Wiping the corners of her eyes, Mother Gu said, "This child, you are more caring than Ah Heng. How about staying for dinner tonight?"

"I can’t," Gu An declined, standing up and saying, "I haven't finished my work yet. Auntie, I'm leaving."

Mother Gu got up and saw him off, "I'm sorry for delaying your work."

"It’s alright, Auntie."

After Gu An left, Mother Gu sat back on the sofa again, with no smile on her face. 2 members in black uniforms of the Snow Leopard team came out of the room on the right.

Mother Gu asked, "How is it?"

"He has a system installed in his car that prevents monitoring and listening. There is no way to track him, but we have our men following him now."

Mother Gu nodded, "Did you collect all the data back then?"

"Yes," one person replied, passing the information to Mother Gu, "From the traces found at the scene, it was an accident caused by the sudden appearance of a space beast."

Mother Gu looked through the information and asked, "Based on your analysis, if the two spacecraft collided in that situation, could anyone survive?"

"No, unless preparations are made in advance. According to the data, no one survived. The captain and crew on the other spacecraft died."

Mother Gu pondered, "It is strange that a space beast would suddenly appear. The route has always been very safe, and...Ah Heng’s uncle was a bit too concerned about Ah Heng's father's itinerary at the time." With a ruthless tone, she added, "If he really did it, I will never let him go! Of course, I won't wrong him if he’s clean. Keep an eye on Gu An. Since I called him over today, there might be some small movements if the accident is really related to them."