5. Keep ya head up

And uh, I know they like to beat ya down a lot
When you come around the block brothas clown a lot But please don't cry, dry your eyes, never let up Forgive but don't forget girl keep your head up...

Hope

These last three months have made me realize that if you want better for yourself then you have to push yourself to do better. I spent the last few years of my life being a doormat to someone who I thought loved me as their own daughter. I've been through some things but I won't let my past determine my future. I was so much better than what Julian had made me become. My mother always told me that I was beautiful and anything I put my mind to I can do it. Ms.Brandy had managed to get me into a few of the homes she worked at. Since I was only 17 and didn't have a high school diploma the lady at the company she worked for agreed to pay me under the table to clean a few of her clients home. I was thankful and beyond grateful and made sure I cleaned each house like my life depended on it. Ms.Brandy wanted to see me do good and she told me to just work hard and stack my money and even though she was always against it I still made sure I gave her something out my check every time I got paid. I was killing 2 birds with one stone. Rather I was vacuuming or washing dishes I had my head buried in a book and studying as hard as I could so that I can take my GED test in a few weeks. For the first month or two I found myself looking over my shoulder constantly thinking that I would run into Julian or Steven but I had yet to do so.

It was Saturday and I finally had an off day and for once wanted to do something with myself. I thought today would be the perfect day to grab me a few outfits from the mall and treat Ariel as well. She's been like the sister I never had and I just wanted to show her my appreciation and treat her as well. It was a little after noon and I was sitting in the living room waiting for her to come home. I had called her and she told me she'd be here in a minute so I decided to just chill and watch tv until she got here. I was watching Maury when the front door opened. I thought it was Ariel but it was actually Dre. I've seen very little of him since Ive moved here because he's either always gone or sleep.

Hey I said looking at him then back at the tv.

Sup he responded sitting on the other couch. Where my sister?

I don't know, I'm waiting on her now so we can go out for a few.

I'm surprised her ass even up and out this early.

She left last night.

Should've known, hot ass.

Dre was one of those nonchalant quiet type of people. He didn't say much and he always looked like he was in deep thought. Him and Ariel bumped heads like an old married couple but she always knew her limit with him, same with Ms.Brandy.

Why you watching this dumb ass shit?

It's entertaining.

For Dre to had found it dumb he sure engaged in it and was laughing and talking shit right with me.

Her ass knew that wasn't his baby. That lil jit look mixed as hell. These hos be wild.

Facts, it didn't take a DNA test to determine that wasn't his baby, anybody with eyes could see that I said agreeing with Dre.

You could hear the sounds of an engine from a car outside so Dre got up and looked out the window. A couple seconds later Ariel came in.

Who the fuck just dropped you off?

Get out my business Dre.

Anybody you got pulling up to my mama house is my business.

Boy shut up, you don't even know him.