20. The Truth

'Cause he is the truth
Said he is so real
And I love the way that he makes me feel
And if I am a reflection of him then I must be fly 'cause His light it shines so bright I wouldn't lie

Hope

The fact that I've spent almost everyday of the last three months with Blake is still crazy to me. I haven't smiled and laughed this much since I was a little girl and my mom was still alive. At first I was skeptical about him because in my mind I just knew he came on to me because he wanted to have sex but he hasn't brought it up not one time. Blake was a goofball and he just loved to live life. His parents aren't together anymore and his mom now lives in Connecticut. His father still lives in Maryland with his new wife. He has 2 older brothers 1 on his moms side and 1 on his dads side. I told him about my mom and how I was raised by my step father but that was about it. He thinks my step father gifted me my apartment as a gift which was hardly the truth but Like I've stated plenty of times. I'll never again share my struggles with anyone, and besides that's the past and I'm moving on with my life.

I was currently in the mirror doing a natural soft beat to my face, I was meeting up with Lauren today. It's been a minute since we've hung. The most we did was text because I was always with Blake. But I missed her and I couldn't wait to link up. She told me she needed to talk to me about something too so I was eager to find out what tea she had.

My phone ringing interrupted the music I was playing for my mini speaker.

I know that ain't Lauren, I still got another 40 minutes until she suppose to be on her way I said to myself as I made my way out of the bathroom into my bedroom where my phone was. It wasn't Lauren but instead Blake.

Hello I said answering the phone with the biggest smile ever on my face.

Wyd?

Getting myself together to hang with my friend for a minute.

Yo friend who?

Lauren.

Where she think she taking you?

I don't know where we going, but we haven't seen each other in a minute so we just wanted to hang for a second.

Damn, reschedule with her.

Why would I do that?

Because I'm outside and I might have to shoot OT tonight so I wanna chill with you for a bit.

What time are you leaving?

A lil later.

I need a time Blake, that way I could squeeze chilling with both of you in.

You suppose to always pick time with yo man over girl time.

I didn't know I was in a relationship.

Well now you know. So what's up you coming down or what?

I let out a breath of frustration. Ok whatever Blake I'll text her and let her know.

Aight, hurry up and come outside.

I hung up the phone then texted Lauren

Blake wants to spend a lil time together before he heads out of town tonight, can we link up another time?

Really Hope😒 , his ass can't let you have a few hours with your friend.

I know, I'm sorry. But he pulled up and now he's just sitting outside waiting on me. How about we have a girls night tonight at my house, movies snacks the whole nine?

I guess.

Ok, don't me mad at me, I'll see you later.

Yea, yea.