68

Omniscient

3 1/2 years later...

Omg Lo, you look like your about to pop.

I feel like I am. I can't even see my damn feet or my cootamama, Lennox got me with this one. Never again, I'll tell you that.

I can't wait until she gets here Hope said rubbing Lauren's belly. Hi Lyric, TT can't wait to meet you.

Hope look at your child playing in the dirt.

Legend, get yo butt out that dirt before I pop you.

Hope that baby knows damn well you ain't gone pop him.

I know Sammy but I gotta at least scare him. He's 3 and doesn't take me serious at all.

Riley, take the kids over there to the park, we're gonna get snacks then here we come Sammy told her oldest daughter.

While Hope, Lauren and Sammy stood at the concession stand getting the kids snacks. Riley took her lil sister, brother and Legend over to the park to play. She sat on the bench distracted with her phone barely paying attention to the kids.

Little Legend struggled to keep up with the other big kids but he didn't let that stop him. It took him longer to climb up the steps to get on the slide but he did it with all his might. Once he finally got up there he slid down the slide and was overwhelmed with joy. As soon as he reached the bottom he headed back around so that he could do it again. This time as he went to climb up the first step another kid that was playing on the slide bumped passed Legend causing him to fall and drop his little red fire truck he was holding. He sat there and began to cry. Riley still wasn't even paying attention to him.

Here.

He grabbed his fire truck but was still crying looking around for his mommy.

Legend stop crying. Your a big boy wipe yo face and finish playing.

Legend wiped his tears away then proceeded to climb up the stairs and finish playing.

Riley your all in your phone not even paying attention to the kids Sammy told her daughter.

They look just fine to me she said glancing up at them.

Hope, Sammy and Lauren stayed at the park for a few more hours as the kids continued to play.

Lauren I think that's Lennox pulling up.

It is. He was suppose to been on his way an hour ago I'm exhausted and I haven't even did anything but sat here.

Lennox parked the car then got out and walked over to where the girls were sitting on the bench at. As soon as Legend spotted his uncle he ran over to him as fast as he could.

You ain't got no hands Lennox told baby Legend play fighting with him like he did every time they saw each other.

That's why he's bad now, because of you and G. Lauren told Lennox.

He a boy he suppose to bad, his daddy would have him the same way.

You bet not think you gone be ruff with my daughter like that.

Nah my baby gone be a princess and get treated as such.

Do you two really think y'all would create a princess? That lil girl is going to be something else just like the both of y'all Hope told them.

Yea you might be right Lauren said agreeing with Hope.

Lo you ready?

Yes, Hope I'll stop by tomorrow so we can finish the last of those centerpieces.