66.

(Excuse any mistakes)

Legend

I was sitting in this empty ass courtroom. It was only me, a guy named Chris who was apart of my team and the bailiff. The tie I had on with my suit felt like it was choking me.

Chris whats taking so long where everybody at?

Jerry is getting everything and everybody together. It shouldn't be long now.

I sat there impatient as hell. I didn't know what the outcome of all this shit would be. I was literally looking at life without parole. Thank God Maryland didn't have the death penalty or they probably would've fasho gave it to my ass.

I heard the court doors open behind me and I didn't even care to turn around and look. Shit was officially about to get real.

Legend

I damn near broke my neck when I heard her voice. I stood up and she ran straight to me. She was crying like crazy.

Chill out with all that crying, you know I hate that shit Hope. I hate seeing you sad.

I'm not sad she said looking up at me.

Then why you crying?

These are happy tears. Legend your coming home.

I looked at Jerry.

She dead ass?

Your case has been thrown out. The Supreme Court Judge just signed off on your release papers. It's over Legend, you can go home.

All I could do was hug Hope tighter than I ever did before. Her soft lips met mine and I swear that shit made my heart skip a beat. It's been damn near eight months without my girl and my family. I missed them all like crazy.

Shall we Jerry said leading the way.

Hell yea I told him.

We left the courtroom and my whole family was in the hallway. It felt good to see everybody, even Regina. I think outside of Hope I hugged her the tightest.

Yo ass wasn't in there lifting no weights Genesis told me laughing.

Hell I couldn't stay out the hole.

Y'all let's get the fuck out of here Lennox said looking around.

Let's go out the back, it's a gang of reporters outside and I'm sure y'all don't want to be bothered with that Jerry told us.

We all made our way through the back exit. Before I got in the car. I stopped and thanked Jerry.

I know I ain't make this process the easiest for you, and my attitude was crazy as hell sometimes but I appreciate you and the whole team Jerry real talk.

It's my job as a criminal lawyer. Smart mouths and attitudes come with the territory. Just make sure you keep yourself out of trouble.

I got you I told him shaking his hand.

I got in the car and we all headed to Regina's house. She got in the kitchen and started whipping up any and everything. I didn't care if she made pancakes and bacon, anything was better than what they were giving us in the there.

We ended up spending hours at Regina crib, we ate, laughed, fussed, cried, smoke, took shots and just enjoyed each other's company. It felt good to be back home with this crazy ass family of mine.

Me and Hope finally decided to head home. I couldn't wait to be back in my crib with my girl in our bed.

I love all y'all, but me and mine bouta get out of here.