24

Legend

Lauren and Lennox had hit my line and everything they said made perfect sense. Somebody in this mf hospital had some explaining to do and if they didn't tell me what the fuck I wanted to hear they was gone need more than hospital security to stop me because one of these white coat degree having ass doctors was gone get fucked up. I had Regina call the doctor and tell him she was ready to meet with him so she was on her way to the hospital too. It's been a minute since I've been here and I can't even lie I felt guilty as hell. But I swear I wouldn't leave this bitch until I tried everything in my power to make sure my brother made it out of here alive. I wasn't carrying Genesis ass in no box, it just wasn't happening.

I made it to the hospital before everyone else and I had intentions on going to see him before everybody got here but I couldn't bring myself to walk in his hospital room. My mind kept telling me to go but my feet wouldn't move.

Your his brother right?

I turned around and there was a nurse, she was bad as hell too.

Yea.

I've been his nurse for the last few months. My name is Heather.

Legend I said shaking her hand.

Are you the only one here?

Yea, my peoples on they way though.

Can I speak with you for a minute about him?

Yea what's up?

Not out here, we have a small conference room around the corner we can go in there.

Aight, I followed her as she led the way to the conference room and when we walked in there was another male doctor.

Hey Dr.Giles this is Genesis Thompson brother the other family members aren't here yet.

Hello I'm doctor Anthony Giles and I'm the Neurologist doctor here. I've been going over your brothers scans and his paperwork. When he came in that night what did they tell you was actually wrong with him?

He was in a shoot out that ended in a bad car crash where he hit his head, the doctor who was on call that night said that during surgery Genesis wouldn't stop bleeding which caused him to slip into a coma, which has been his state for the last few months.

I got a text from Regina telling me that her and Kelly were on their way up.

My mother is here.

Ok good, we can finish the conversation once she comes up. We all can head to his room.

We left out the conference room and walked back to Genesis room and again my feet stopped dead in their tracks. All I could do was stand there. A few seconds later I felt someone grab my hand and when I looked to my right it was Regina.

It's ok, you can do this and we're going to get through it together.

We got you big head Lauren said grabbing my other hand and I turned around to see her and Lennox. He nodded at me as well.

All y'all go in the doctor and the nurse already in there, here I come.

I watched as they all went into the room then I turned around and went out into the waiting room. I sat in the first chair I saw and immediately dropped my head.

Shit ain't suppose to be like this I said to myself. I'd give anything for that to be me laying in there and not my lil brother. This some wild ass shit and it ain't suppose to be like this.

He needs you to be strong for him like you've always been.

I looked up and saw my pops and mama Tonya.