54

Legend

Hope been walking around the house like a lost lil girl and the shit was annoying me. Whenever I knew it was time for her to get out of class I made sure I was gone. And when she had work I wouldn't come back home until it was time for her to leave out at night. It was after 11 and I was sure she was gone so I headed home. Once I made it there I went upstairs so that I could take a shower. I was threw off when I walked in the bedroom and saw Hope sitting in the bed doing homework.

Hey

What up I said going straight to the bathroom and getting in the shower. When I got out I grabbed me some clothes and a pillow and went downstairs to the living room.

Are we beefing or something?

Nah I said not even looking at her.

You sure because you've been acting very shitty lately.

I'm good.

She stood there for a few more seconds.

Are you cheating on me Legend?

Don't piss me off.

I don't care about pissing you off. It's a simple question. Your always gone now and we haven't had sex in a week.

So that mean I'm cheating? Fuck on with all of that.

Then what's going on? And don't say nothing because I'm not stupid. Something is obviously up. So what's the problem?

You the problem. You keep moping around this mf like you sad about some shit, so instead of being around yo wack ass energy I be moving around.

Legend I'm trying. But it's hard to be all smiles when so much bullshit is going on. I'll admit the situation with Ariel rubbed me the wrong way.

Why? If the tables were turned and you were the one in her shoes she wouldn't give a damn. She'd be happy not sitting around sad, trust me.

So because she's ok with messed up shit I'm suppose to be ok with it?

You suppose to give people the same energy they give you.

I'm not changing who I am for anybody. The messed up person she is led to her life ending.

And you being such a Good Samaritan made yo life peaches and cream?

No it didn't but it's kept me hopeful.

Hopeful about what?

Hopeful that one day everything will turn around for me. I love that I'm a good person and no matter what I've went through or may go through I refuse to let any of it change who I am on the inside.

Ok Hope, keep that mindset and do whatever you please. You wanna be sad about Ariel then be sad. Imma continue to stay out yo way.

Have you ever been in a real relationship before?

What that gotta do with anything?

Because I want to know.

Yea once.

And how was it?

It was straight. We went together our junior and senior year. She left for college so we ended it.

So when things got hard for y'all did you give her the cold shoulder too?

Nique knew what it was with me. She understood a nigga. She knew if I was in a mood to just let me be. She didn't make big deals out of small situations.

Did you love her?

I was young I ain't know what love was for real.

Do you think you know what it is now?