6. Humble

I been keepin' my distance, I switched up my number
I done made all these millions, I'm keepin' my hunger
All this food in a big house, my stomach still rumble
Got the ball, I won't fumble I just touch down, stay humble...

Legend

I walked into my OG crib and sat on the couch, I could hear her in the kitchen on the phone running her mouth like always. She reminded me of smoky mama from Friday, always on the phone loud as hell just gossiping. I didn't even bother to go in the kitchen and say shit to her ghetto ass. I was just gone sit here and wait on Genesis to pull back up.

I decided to make some new accounts and push some shit through while I sat here and waiting for his ass. The longer I sat in this same spot the more annoyed I became Regina ass just wouldn't shut up and right when I made up in my mind I was about to go Genesis ass finally walked through the door.

It took you long enough.

My fault, what mama back there doing?

Running her mouth like always.

Who she on the phone with Kelly?

Nigga I don't know, That's her business. Don't shit that lady got going on concern me.

You kill me acting like she ain't yo mama.

It's not an act.

Whatever, you good now though?

Yea I'm straight.

Hope was a real one for sliding that pistol in her bag.

That's her real name?

I guess yea. I don't really know shorty like that. Ariel said she went to school with us. But the few months I went there I never saw her.

So what's up with you and this Ariel bird. This the second time I done seen you with her, you feeling her or something?

Ain't nothing up, we just kicking it. Her and Hope cool lil vibes to be around whenever they with me.

I think that girl Hope a trick or something.

Why you say that?

A few months ago I had ran into her at a gas station and she was all beat up and shit. She had on some bullshit clothes with some fishnet stockings and them dusty ass chucks she had on today. I ended up giving her a ride because I ain't wanna see her out just dangling at the gas station like a prostitute. She probably don't even think I remember her ass.

Damn straight up, she quiet as hell but them be the ones you gotta watch out for. But like I said I don't know too much about shorty. I can ask Ariel about her if you want me too.

Why would you do some dumb shit like that? She's a bum and far from my type.

Shit nigga you the one is here asking about her I thought maybe you was tryna slide or something.

Hell nah goofy.

Y'all both just come in my house and not come speak.

My bad ma Genesis told her getting up to give her a hug.

Sup Regina.

Legend. I ain't seen you in a minute.

I been out the way tryna get this lil business stuff together.

What business?

Some lil shit I invested in.

Damn it's a secret or something?

Nah I just rather share good news with people who will genuinely be happy and proud of me.

Don't start that bullshit Legend, I'm in a good mood. Don't blow it.