49. Who want smoke with us

Who want smoke with me? I'm tryna fuck a nigga lungs up
They be like, "Nardo, put them damn guns up"
Fuck that, say, "Big brother, bring them guns out"
When it's smoke, we get to spinnin' while the sun out
I ain't never lackin', I pump gas with my gun out
Scream out, "What's happening?" then get to bussin' 'til it run out
All these niggas hidin', I'm like, "Where they at?" It ain't no fun out
7.62s, thеy big as hell, knock a nigga lungs out...

Genesis

I had been letting my mama slide because a lot of shit was going on. But all that shit was over now and we had Legend back so I was ready to get on her ass. I slept most of the day away because after all that shit went down I was tired as fuck. It was 5 in the evening and I was just coming out. I pulled out my phone to text her and see if she was at home.

Ma wya?

Home, everything alright?

Yea, I'm bouta pull up though.

Ok I'm here.

I connected my phone to the Bluetooth then headed to her house. I had already talked to Gerald and he told me he'd meet me at her crib. Once I pulled up I sat outside and smoked me a wood. I had to make sure I was chilled. I loved my mama to death but I had to make sure my nerves were calm because the last thing I wanted to do was disrespect her the way that legend does.

I looked in my rear view mirror and saw Gerald pulling in behind me.

I hate that fucking car he drive I said to myself putting my wood out.

I got out the car and walked up to him.

Let's get this over with.

Lead the way.

I used my spare key and let us in.

Ma where you at?

I'm right here in the living room.

Me and Gerald made our way into the living room and she just sat there starring at us.

You ain't got nothing to say?

I'll say what needs to be said when you ask me all that you wanna ask me. I already told myself I was gone be 100% honest with you about the situation before y'all got here.

What you mean before we got here? You knew I was coming with him?

Yea she did, I spoke with her prior to us coming. I wasn't trying to ambush her with the situation or have her in an uncomfortable place. So I gave her a heads up.

Aren't you a noble citizen I said mean mugging his ass.

So go ahead Genesis what do you want to know.

Why didn't you ever tell me who he was?

I don't have a reason that might even be good enough for you. I just felt like I did what was in the best interest for you. He wasn't going to be there before you were born nor would he be there while you were growing up. I would never be comfortable taking you to visit your father in jail so I just told myself when the time was right and when you were old enough and it was closer to him coming home I'd sit you down and explain everything to you.

Why didn't you tell him that he had a son on the way? You had your reasons for not telling me but what about him? He had a right to know he had a kid rather he was in jail or not. Then he told me he had a family that would've been there for me and could have helped you out if you needed it.

Me and Gerald only hooked up a few times, only person in his family I met outside of Jibbs was his father Genesis. No one thought we were a couple and that's because we weren't, we were just two grown people who did grown things a time or two. So when I got pregnant and he got locked up the last thing I thought about was running to his family for help. You were my son and I was going to make sure you were taken care of with or without help. And I never told him because once he went away that was it. I never seen or heard from him again. I knew I could have found a way to reach out to him and let him know, but honestly Genesis it wasn't a priority for me. I had you through thick and thin just like I always have and I always will.

I respect all that Ma, but growing up the only time I really wished I had a dad was every time I saw Legend with his pops. The bond they had I wanted it.

I know you did son. But he couldn't give you that from behind bars.

So you sure this my father?

I'm a thousand percent sure he's your father.

So what you gotta say about this I asked looking at him.

There's not much that can be said. Everything that just came out of her mouth was the truth. We were both just some hustlers out here getting to it and we kicked it a few times. My cousin got me jammed up and I had to sit down and do my time. She did what she had to do. She was basically your mother and your father. She held shit down like the solid real woman that she is. Yes I would have loved to at least known about you but I can also respect why she went about it the way she did. I can also agree that I wouldn't have wanted you to come visit me while I was locked up like some animal. I don't hold any ill feelings towards her and neither should you.

I don't, I love my mama to death. Like she said it's been me and her through thick and thin and of course my brother Legend. I done had some hiccups along the way but I came out of every corner I was backed into. I'm good and imma make sure we all good even you.

All I want from you is a chance to get to know you.

You gone get that.

Then I'm all set.

Oh that in a new car.

What's wrong with my lil whip?

What ain't wrong with it?

It get me to where I need to go.

Gerald just let the damn boy get you a car. Once he make up something in his mind he's going to act on it no matter how much you protest.

She telling the truth, you might as well start learning my ways now.

Alright then. But nothing to fancy, I ain't into all of that. And that's all imma let you do for me.

Aight Big G you got it.

Fasho then Lil G.

For the first time in a long time shit felt normal. I was fully back to myself. I had both of my parents, both of my brothers and life was fucking lit.

Have you went and seen your brother today my mama asked me.

Nah imma stop over there once I leave here.

I'm thankful as hell that he made it out that situation. Hell all three of y'all.

Ma, yo sons some helluva niggas. Ain't none of us going down without a fight. Whatever smoke come at us, we gone clear that shit out...