11. Ready for war

Ready for war, kick down the door shoot
Put your mask on lace up you boots
Fuck the other side cause they know that we the truth and bitch we run the whole city you can see the proof...

Legend

I was knocked the hell out when I heard my phone ring. I tried to reach over to the table and grab it but I swear I couldn't move. I was consciously woke but my body was still sleep. I was sure this was sleep paralysis and I ain't like the shit at all. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted back to sleep when my phone rung again. This time I was able to move. I grab it and saw that it was a little after 2 in Regina was calling me. I hit the decline button and turned back over when my shit rung again.

Regina tryna a nigga right now I thought to myself but when I picked my phone back up I noticed that it wasn't her but instead my pops.

Hello.

Ay son you gotta get up.

What's wrong I asked him as I sat up on the couch.

I don't know all the details, just get to the hospital Genesis was in a shoot out.

It was like I froze and a split second later rage filled my whole body and I felt like I was on fire in the inside.

This lil nigga so stupid dog I swear.

Legend just calm yo ass down and get there. Yo mama up there going crazy.

I got up and left straight out the house in what I was sleeping in which was a beater and some basketball shorts. The whole ride to the hospital all I thought about was who I was gone kill. Mf s
was still out here trying my brother like they ain't know how I was coming. Malcom was a warning but since niggas was getting the picture I was gone have to turn the flash on and light this bitch up. I would give anything for this nigga Genesis to listen to me for once in his fucking life.

Pulling up to the hospital I parked in the first spot I saw, I didn't care if it was handicap or any of that other rules to parking here ass shit. I walked through the ER doors and went right to the receptionist desk. I was about to ask her what room Genesis Thompson was in but I stopped, if he was involved in a shoot out and a gun shot victim they wasn't about to tell me shit. I pulled out my phone and called Regina, as soon as she answered the phone I could tell she had been crying.

I'm up here where y'all at ?

We on another floor in the trauma waiting room. Security will have to bring you up.

Tell them to hurry up.

A few moments later Lauren and a Security guard came through the doubles doors.

That's him right there. Come on Legend.

I followed behind them as we got on the elevator. Lauren what they saying?

They not saying nothing, we just been sitting here waiting.

They not telling y'all how many times he got shot or nothing?

They haven't said anything since he went into surgery.

Surgery?

Yea Legend, and please can you not be an asshole, Auntie Gina is messed up and she don't need yo ass making her feel like shit.

I'm not thinking about that lady, I'm just tryna make sure my brother good.

We stepped off the Elevator and the first person I saw was Regina, her leg was shaking like crazy and she was constantly wiping her tears away with Kleenex. I knew she was fucked up right now because I knew how she felt about Genesis. I walked over and took a seat next to her. I reached over and grabbed her hand and held it tight in mine. She slowly stopped shaking her leg which let me know she was calming down. No words were exchanged and this is how we sat for the next couple of hours. It had to be damn near 5 in the morning and the doctor was finally coming out.