22. Complicated

People say this ain't how it's supposed to go
But I refuse to believe 'cause it happened to me
One day you're standing in the middle of the road
And you don't where you goin'
All of a sudden your whole life changed
Then life finally gives you somethin' back
It's been a mean world without you
Boy, I love you, I love you
Boy, you make me feel so beautiful
And I ain't never gonna let you go
I think about us (all day)
Dream about you (always)
Love ain't always (complicated)
I think about us (all day)
Dream about you (always)
Love ain't always (complicated)

Hope

I've been dodging Blake like crazy. After what Lauren told me it's like I didn't know what to do or say. I knew I couldn't avoid him forever so I finally decided to return his phone call and he was on his way over. I sat on the couch trying to figure out the right questions to ask because I didn't want to offend him or jump to any conclusions. There's always two sides to a story and I'm only allowing him to tell his side because I really like him. But being as though I was physically abused I can't mess with anyone who engages in that type of stuff. I can't and won't be anyones punching bag.

The longer I waited for him the more nervous I got. My stomach was doing backflips and it felt like I had to throw up. My phone rung and it scared the hell out of me. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down before answering.

Hello.

I'm downstairs.

Ok I'll buzz you in.

I walked over to the front door hit the buzzer then unlocked it and went back over to sit on the couch.

A few moments later Blake walked in.

What's up he said coming to sit next to me on the couch.

Nothing really just chilling.

You didn't have to work at the store today.

Yea, I got off early though.

So what's the issue, you care to explain why you been ignoring a nigga? I know the last time we were together I was tripping so I want to apologize. I'm just really feeling you and wanted some of your time. My bad if I made you feel some type of way, I can't have my girl out here mad at me. I got you something while I was in LA.

I watched him as he went in his jacket pocket and pulled out a box then he handed it to me. I opened it and inside was a beautiful diamond necklace that read Hope.

Omg it's beautiful I said starring at it in awe.

Just like you.

Thank you I said and he then reached over and kissed me. For a second I lost my train of thought and before I knew it I was kissing him back. He slowly pushed me down on the couch and laid on top of me. I instantly got chills over my entire body and I immediately felt nasty.

Wait stop, we need to talk.

Talk then he said still kissing me from my lips to my neck.

Seriously Blake get up I need to talk to you about something important.

He smacked his lips then got off of me. What Hope?

The night after we had our lil disagreement my friend Lauren came over. We were chilling just having casual girl talk and she told me that she bumped into your childs mother Lexus, which by the way I didn't even know you had a child. The things that she was saying that Lexus told her bothered me. She said that you're very abusive and I should get away from you before it's too late. I've been through a lot in my life and being abused was one, we can be done right now if you are the monster she's portraying you to be. I'm not with that shit and I don't care how much I like you I'm not sitting around and letting anyone put their hands on me.