17.

Hope

I silently thanked God as I sat in the middle of my empty apartment floor crying. I just couldn't believe that I finally had something that I could call my own. It was a small one bedroom but I didn't care because it was mine. I worked at the grocery store Monday through Thursday and Friday to Sunday I worked as a bottle girl at Club Lust, the amount of tips I made there was insane and it was still unbelievable to me. Sammy got me a fake ID and the club owner did suspect a thing. The first few weeks where hell and I just couldn't get with the atmosphere of the hounding men but I eventually sucked it up and did what I had to do. That was almost three and a half months ago and now Ive managed to become a lot of the customers favorite waitress. Sammy even helped me get this apartment because I wasn't 18 yet. Things were finally looking up for me and I couldn't be more proud of myself.

I'm trying mommy just please continue to watch over and keep me I said looking up towards the ceiling. I was then taken out of my moment when my phone started ringing, I saw that it was Lauren so I answered it.

Hello

Hey girl what you doing? Did everything work out?

Yes, I got the keys and I'm just sitting in the middle of the floor crying like a damn crazy person.

Your not crazy your proud of yourself, you deserve that shit so cry as much as you want too. You still down for that nail date?

Of course.

Ok, I gotta go drop this food off at the hospital to my mama and auntie then I'm on my way so send me the address.

Ok, I'll see you in a few.

I got up and went into my bedroom the only thing I did manage to have in here was my clothes neatly hung up in the closet, it made me want to cry sometimes looking at the stuff I had because not to long ago I barley had shit and now I was standing here confused on what I wanted to put on.

Once I was finish with everything I just sat there doing nothing and waited on Lauren. She was right on time with her pulling up text because I was definitely about to fall asleep. I grabbed my bag and keys then went outside and got in the car.

Your timing is perfect because had you waited like five more minutes I would have been knocked out.

Hope all yo ass do is work and sleep.

I don't have anything else to do with myself.

Get out enjoy yourself meet new people, something. Your just letting life pass you by.

Meeting new people is awkward for me. I just rather stick to the few I know.

Well if that's the case I'll plan something and we can go out.

Ok I'm down, just let me know when.

Tonight!

I can't I have to work at the club tonight.

See, always working. But ok maybe another time because I'm all for a bitch getting to her bread.

After me and Lauren got our nails and stuff did we decided to stop and grab a bite to eat. We were in the booth having casual girl talk when her phone rung.

Hello...

Yea, I haven't made it back that way yet.

Well meet me where I'm at and you can get it out my car.

Ok bet...

As soon as Lauren hung up the phone the waitress was approaching our table with our food.

Omg it smells so good I told her as she sat the plate of cajun pasta in front of me. I picked up my fork and didn't waste any time going in. I was so busy enjoying my meal that I didn't even notice Legend now standing at the table.