59. Like a man

(Excuse any mistakes)

I was taught to be a man
Stand on my two feet just like a man
Take all of my loss just like a man
Nigga say it face to face just like a man
Like a man (I stand up), like a man (I man up)
Like a man (I stand up), like a man, like a man (I man up)
Like a man (I stand up), like a man (I man up)

Lennox

We had been back from LA for a week now and i was ripping up and down the freeway like a mad man. I had to get back in my bag and shake the feeling of guilt off my back. I did what I had to do and it wasn't no taking it back. I had to live with that shit and that's just the way it was. I was doing the dash tryna get back to Baltimore for the surprise Grand opening that Hope wanted to give Legend. Lauren, my mama, pops and G were all texting me like crazy. I still had to shower get dressed and everything. I swerved in and out of traffic and my heart damn near stopped beating when I saw them red and blue lights flash behind me.

Fuckkk I said as I pulled over to the side of of road. I pulled out the information for rental as well as my license. Thank God I had just dropped that package off in Philly so the car was clean of drugs. As far as guns not so much, I kept two on me. I tried not to move to much as i slowly slid them both under the seat. I was gone keep it a buck with this mf and tell him I know I was speeding just give me my ticket.

I let down the window as he got closer.

Hey buddy, where are you headed in such a rush, I clocked you doing 120.

My phone started vibrating in the cup holder and it was Lauren.

I'm headed to Baltimore, we giving my brother a surprise grand opening for his gym and I'm late as hell.

As soon as my phone stopped ringing it started again but the time it was my mama.

Got a few people trying to get in contact with you.

Yea, i know they bouta curse me out. Just like clock work as soon as the phone stopped ringing it started right back and it was Lauren again.

That's my girl she gone keep calling.

Go head and answer it.

I looked at him like he was stupid. Hell nah I ain't tryna be the next hashtag around this mf.

You answer the phone this process moves alone quicker.

I hit the button on the radio.

Yea Lo.

Lennox where are you. We gone be late, Hope wanted everybody at the gym before she pulled up with Legend.

I was trying my best, but I'm flicked right now.

Trying to do the damn dash, you gone flip that damn car and kill yourself or somebody else if you aren't careful.

I'm glad you told him that the officer said butting into my conversation.

Lennox who the hell is that?

That's the officer that got me pulled over.

Well assuming that your story is true and I can see your drivers license sitting on your lap. Slow down and be careful, your not the only one on this road. Drive safe and tell your brother congratulations on his gym.

He walked away and my heart rate started to calm down.

Hello,

Yea you good?

now I am, my heart was beating out my chest. I had to tuck my guns under the driver seat.

How far away are you?

Like 45 minutes.

Ok I'll have Hope stall a little longer.

Aight bet.

I hung up the phone and did 80, I wasn't doing shit under that.

As soon as I pulled up to Lauren's house I got out and rushed in the house.

Did you grab that stuff from my house?

Yea it's upstairs.

Aight. I ran upstairs then got in the shower then re brushed my teeth. Once I got out It dawned on me that I didn't even grab my bag out the trunk.

Lauren can you grab

I already did Lennox it's on the bed.

I turned around and sure enough both of my Saks Fifth bags were sitting on her bed. I rushed to put everything on then made my way downstairs.

You ready?

A duh come on.

We got in the car and headed to Legends gym. Pulling up I could see that Hope had went all out. There was a red carpet, balloons everywhere, a photographer the whole 9. We got out the car and made our way inside. The whole family was here as well as a lot of parents who were signing their kids up for boxing and dance lessons. Hope had hired instructors that would help Legend out and everything. She really went all in for my brother and every penny me and G put in to make this happen was worth it.

This is set up so nice. I can't wait until he sees it Lauren said.

We walked over to where the family was and greeted everybody.

Y'all two been together a lot lately what you on with my mama I asked Gerald.

Same thing I keep saying but they keep brushing me off Genesis said walking up.

I'm grown mind y'all business. Has anybody talked to Hope my mama asked.

I'm texting her now, their like 15 minutes away, Legend is blind folded so when they pull up all
The family is going to go outside and that's where we will surprise him at, then we'll all come inside and just party and celebrate from there Lauren said.

I walked over to where my pops and Mama Tonya was.

Lennox my lil sister yelled running up to me.

Sup, pretty girl I said picking her up and hugging her, then hugging mama Tonya.

You been alright my pops asked me.

Yea I been good.

Since you and Legend got girl friends y'all don't even come see me no more mama Tonya said.

I promise imma start back coming over every Sunday.

I got a field trip coming up, what day is it again mommy.

It's next Wednesday Leianni

Yea it's next Wednesday and I want you and Legend to come. All this girl in my class named Ciara do is talk about her brother this and her brother that, I want my two brothers to come so she can see my brothers look better than hers.

Aight you want me to bring the ice out too?

Yup, and I want you and Legend to bring a lot of money so y'all can buy me everything I ask for.

Oh we gone ball on em too?

Yup the splash siblings.

Say less, it's up for lil Ciara and her brother.

Y'all got her rotten, Leianni get your butt down.

Have pops call and remind me I said whispering in her ear before I put that down.

Ok y'all Hope said they around the block, let's got outside.

We all made our way outside and waited for Hope and Legend to pull up.

This them in that black truck Genesis said standing next to me.

The truck pulled up and the driver let Hope out. She walked around and smiled at all of us. The driver then opened the back door for Legend and she guided him out.

Hope hurry up and take this shit off of me, I ain't feeling this at all.

On the count of three you can take it off she told him.

1... 2... 3...

Legend pulled the blindfold down and we all yelled congratulation's, the look on his face was priceless...