11

The smell of the freshly baked cookies filled the air as Daniella pulled out the tray from the oven. A small smile appeared on her face as she was satisfied with her baking. 

"That smells delicious," Lando walked into the kitchen, his phone held up as he was streaming. Max Fewtrell followed close behind and immediately ran towards Daniella's side to see what she had baked. It's been a while since he had anything that Daniella cooked or baked. 

"Don't you two have a home?" Daniella groaned. Both her friends have been crashing in her house and playing video games since morning. 

"Why would we go home?" Lando teased as he put phone right in front of Daniella's face, showing the viewers her annoyed face. "Aww! Look how happy she is," Lando said sarcastically, earning a glare from her. "She goes on a baking spiral whenever she is bored," He explained to the viewers. 

"Can I try one?" Max pointed at the batch of cookies. 

"Yes, let's try them," Lando's face lit up and extended his arm. 

"Careful, they are…"

But before Daniella could finish her sentence Lando picked one up and put it in his mouth, only then realizing how hot it was. 

".. hot," Daniella finished her sentence. 

"It's hot! It's hot," Lando yelled as he spit out the crumbs and dropped his phone on the kitchen aisle. 

Max laughed and quickly picked up the phone to continue with the stream. 

"Are you okay?" Daniella asked, feeling concerned. 

"Do I look okay?" Lando yelled. He put his tongue out to cool down the burn. 

"I have some ice cream, it will help," Daniella quickly opened the freezer and pulled out the cold tub. 

"Mint chocolate chip? Really?" Lando gave her a judging look. 

"Mate, I don't think you are in the position to judge right now," Max laughed as he shoved the camera on his face. 

"If you don't want it then.." Daniella pretended to put the ice cream back in the freezer but Lando snatched it from her hands. 

He quickly picked up a spoon and stuffed a bit of ice cream in his mouth, feeling a little relieved. 

"Better?" Daniella put her hand on his shoulder. 

Lando gave her a thumbs up as he had another spoonful of ice cream. 

"I am going to miss this when you both move to Monaco," Max let out a laugh. 

***

"These are really good," Lando said, eating the cookies as all three of them sat comfortably on the couch, watching some movie and eating whatever Daniella cooked and baked. 

"Enjoy the last one," Daniella pointed at the plate. "You two finished the entire batch of cookies in one day."

Lando was about to take it but Max beat him to it and before Lando could argue Max put it in his mouth. 

"Can you…" Lando looked at. 

"I am not going to bake anymore today," Daniella cut him off. 

Lando pouted. 

"So when are you moving to Monaco?" Max asked as the three of them were barely paying attention to what was playing on the tv. 

"Hopefully by the end of March," Daniella replied. 

"We could have moved to Monaco at the same time if you hadn't decided to renovate the entire house," Lando commented. 

"So you are loving your new house just the way it is?" Daniella asked sarcastically. 

"Yes," Lando lied and Max gave him a knowing look as he knew the truth. 

"Liar," Daniella chuckled. 

Lando was on his phone as Daniella and Max started talking about Monaco. He opened the recent text from Carlos. He re-read it multiple times and then looked at Daniella. 

"Umm Dani," Lando cautiously looked at her. "Just a random question, are you seeing anyone right now?"

"What?" Daniella sounded confused. 

"Are you dating anyone we know about or something like that, you know?" Lando asked. 

"Why are you suddenly asking that?" Daniella chuckled. "Did you forget that you have a girlfriend?"

"I am not asking for myself," Lando got defensive. "I am asking because Car…I just want to know. I think it's important to know about my best friend's life."

Daniella gave him a suspicious look and then looked at Max to see if he knew what was going on but he just shrugged as he too had no idea. 

"No, Lando, I am not dating anyone," Daniella replied. "And I think you would be one of the first people to know if I start dating."

Lando looked satisfied with the answer and quickly typed something on his phone. Daniella tried to sneak a peek but he quickly put the phone away, earning another suspicious look. 

"Another question, what do you think of Carlos?" Lando tried to ask as subtly as possible but failed. 

"What is going on?" Daniella asked sternly. "And don't try to lie."

"Umm.." Lando stuttered and looked at Max for help. 

"Don't look at me," Max joined Daniella. "Even I want to know what is going on."

Lando was about to give in and tell why he was asking her all these questions but luck was on his side and his phone started ringing. 

"Ah someone is calling," Lando said, sounding relieved. He shot her a small smile before looking to see who is calling. 

The smile immediately faded and was replaced by a nervous look. It's Carlos who was calling him since he didn't reply to his text. 

"It's… it's Carlos," He looked at Daniella before answering the call. 

Daniella tried to say something but even her phone startes ringing. She gave Lando a warning look before answering her phone. 

"Hey Max," She greeted. 

"What?" Max Fewtrell said. 

"Not you, you idiot," Daniella playfully hit him and pointed at her phone. 

"Oh it's Max Verstappen," Max nodded, understanding she was not talking to him. 

Unknown to Daniella, Carlos heard the conversation and now Lando was explaining to him that Daniella is not dating anyone and that he is scared to ask her anymore questions. 

**********

A/N: Boring chapter... But I love Daniella and Lando's interactions.

Do you think something will happen between Dani and Carlos? (I don't know how to proceed with these two)

Okay an AU where Max is still an F1 driver but Dani is the owner of a small bakery and they fall in love.

Or mafia AU where both are enemies and Dani was sent over to Max's or Carlos' gang to spy but they somehow start catching feelings.

Do you have any other AUs in mind?