57

Daniella boarded her flight to Miami a few hours after Max left. The entire time she could help but smile, remembering how Max surprised her and how they decided to take the next step in their relationship.

"Dani?" Daniella heard a familiar voice call her name as she was on her way to exit the airport.

She turned around and searched the crowd, a smile appeared on her face when she spotted the McLaren driver walking towards her.

"Are you deaf?" Lando asked as he joined Daniella, dragging his luggage with him. "I called out your name more than five times."

"Sorry," Daniella gave him a quick hug. "I was thinking about something else."

"Yeah obviously," He replied sarcastically. "How was New York?"

"Amazing," Daniella happily replied as they both started walking, dragging their luggage.

"Was it because of the Met Gala or because Max was there?" Lando cautiously asked, but tried to play it cool. He has seen photos of Max at the airport, taken by fans.

"Max was in New York?" Daniella acted clueless and confused.

"You didn't know?" He asked, now feeling confused.

Daniella shook her head.

"I was too busy and he didn't tell me," She lied partly.

"Then he must have been there for some interview or flight messed up," He thought out loud.

Daniella didn't continue the conversation since she didn't want to continue with the lies.

"Anyway..." Lando shrugged away his prior thought. "What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked a bit excitedly.

"I am going to the beach with Nate and Myra in the morning."

"What about in the afternoon?"

"No plans yet. But..."

"Perfect, you are going golfing with me," Lando said, not giving Daniella a chance to complete her sentence.

Daniella can't help but let out a complaining groan.

"You know I hate golf," She whined.

"You canceled on me last time," Lando pointed out. "And you said you will definitely show up the next time."

Daniella pouted and whined as they walked out the exit door, both their cars already waiting for them outside not far away.

"Lando please..."

"You promised," Lando smirked, knowing well that she takes promises very seriously.

"Fine," Daniella gave in.

Lando's smirk turned into a bright smile, already imagining the fool she would make of herself while golfing.

Daniella checked her phone to check where her car was and realized it was not far away.

"My car is that way," She pointed in the direction.

"See you tomorrow," Lando grinned, almost looking evil to Daniella.

"I hate you, Norris," Daniella hugged Lando before walking away.

As soon as Daniella left Lando pulled out his phone and called Carlos, inviting him to the golf course the next day.

***

"Where are you?" Daniella asked Yuki on the phone as she looked around in the lobby, trying to spot him. "I can't see you."