93

Max started cursing and scolding himself as soon as he woke up and remembered the previous night at the club. The tons of texts from Daniel scolding him as well didn't help, instead made him hate himself.

After the brief moment with Daniella at the club, he realized that she misses him as much as he misses her and went to Daniel for help. After much thinking the McLaren driver suggested that he should try to make Daniella a little bit jealous, just to give her the push to admit her feelings, but unfortunately, the plan and alcohol didn't mix well.

Max kissed a random girl right in front of Daniella just as she was about to approach him. Unknown to him she wanted to ask if they could give their relationship another chance but didn't get the chance because of his stupidity.

"Pick up Dani..." Max mumbled, feeling hopeless as he called her.

He heard the door banging and went to open it, letting in a furious McLaren driver.

"You idiot!" Daniel yelled at him, feeling frustrated by Max's action last night.

"I know I screwed up... again," He sounded guilty as the phone ring came to an end and went unanswered.

"You did a lot more than a simple screw-up this time."

***

"I don't want to give you hope...and string you along," Daniella softly muttered, the hint of guilt was evident in her voice.

Carlos' arm was wrapped around her and her back was pressed against his chest. She could feel his warm breath on her neck as she absentmindedly played with his fingers.

"Last night I realized I can't get over Max as easily as I thought... and you that day you said to find you if I ever..."

"I am glad I was at the right place at the right time last night," Carlos said in a raspy tone as he pulled her closer. He knows Daniella doesn't feel the same way he feels about her but he also knows she wants to forget about Max and her feelings for him.

"I feel like I am using you," Daniella said in a guilty tone as she turned around, Carlos can see the conflict in her.

"I am not complaining," He assured her with a soft smile. "I knew what this means and what I am getting myself into last night."

"Then why does it feel like a mistake?"

"Because you still have feelings for Max," It pained Carlos to say it out loud, his eyes carrying nothing but love and affection for her.

Daniella felt like she was betraying Max even though they are no longer together and she witnessed him kissing someone else last night. She tried to shake away the guilt as she gently ran her fingers through Carlos' messy hair and placed a kiss on his lips.

He immediately kissed back, taking in the feeling and affection she was giving him.

He can't help but feel thankful that he overheard the conversation between Max and Daniel last night. Once he saw the girl Max was flirting with to make Daniella jealous he realized it was the perfect opportunity to burn all bridges between the two. As Max left to get more drinks he went over and indirectly urged the girl to kiss Max or do something to start rumors and gain a bit of popularity as there were a few cameras filming them.

Needless to say, Carlos was happy with how everything turned out.

***

Carlos got out of bed and started picking up the clothes from the floor, once again remembering how intimate and breathtaking last night was. He couldn't help but smile and looked at Daniella who just stepped under the warm shower, he had a clear view through the glass wall.

Her back was turned at him as she ran her hand through her wet hair, the warm water clashing against the sensitive spots on her neck and chest, and her inner thighs.

Carlos was not able to look away, it all felt like a dream but he was soon distracted by Daniella's phone buzzing. He picked it up and saw it was Max calling.

He can't help but smirk before answering the call.

"Dani, please listen to me," Max said immediately, the hint of panic was there. "What you saw last night was..."

"I am sorry, but Daniella doesn't want to talk to you," Carlos interrupted the Red Bull driver.

The moment of silence from Max's end was haunting.

"Carlos.." Max said through his gritted teeth. "Give the phone to Daniella right now," He demanded, the end came out as a yell.

"Like I said, she doesn't want to talk to you," Carlos smirked as his eyes traveled to Daniella. "And you have already hurt her enough Max. Don't you think she deserves better than someone like you?" He taunted the Red Bull driver.

Max felt his anger and guilt getting the best of him. Before he could say anything else Carlos ended the call.

Carlos went and deleted the recent call log of Max from Daniella's phone and put it back where he found it before going to join Daniella.

Daniella felt Carlos' presence behind her. She felt at ease as he stepped under the warm shower and placed kisses on her shoulder. She leaned against Carlos, no thought of Max invaded her mind as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the attention.

**********

A/N: Okay how many of you hate me right now? 😬

 Carlos really played well this time, became the bad guy🌶 thoughts? 

Thoughts on Dani and Carlos? 👀 

So Max screwed up again. He followed Daniel's advice and Carlos took advantage of it😬

 And Dani was about to ask him to give their relationship a second chance...but saw him kissing another girl 😬😬

 Do you think there is still hope for Dani and Max? 

What do you think will happen next?👀 

Okay who is better: Evil Carlos or Evil Dani from Toxic Heart? 

Also..Race 1 or Race 2?