119

Max lightly groaned and shifted as the sound of the phone ringing woke him up. Both he and Daniella went to bed late the previous night after packing their luggage and talking for hours about what went down in the meeting. And now both were in each other's arms. Daniella was still deep in sleep, her head against Max's chest and arms around him.

Max reluctantly pulled his arm away from Daniella to grab the phone, still not completely awake and with eyes barely opened. He only managed to recognize the first two letters of the caller id before answering the call.

"Can't you just let us sleep, you idiot?" Max mumbled in his sleepy voice. "It stopped being funny months ago, Daniel."

"Who the hell is this?" The person from the other end of the call asked, sounding confused.

"Who the hell do you think?" Max countered the question, half asleep and annoyed.

"You don't sound like my daughter at all... is that you Emilian?" The voice was stern.

Max's eyes immediately opened wide and could feel himself going pale. Within a second realization hit him when he checked the phone and the caller id. He immediately sat up.

He picked up Daniella's phone, and it was not Daniel who was calling, it was her dad.

"Umm... yes dad.." Max stuttered. "No, I mean David... Sorry, Dani's dad," The panic was clearly evident in his voice.

"It Sir," David replied.

"No, you don't have to call me sir..." Max once again panicked before figuring out what exactly David was saying. "Sorry, sir... I was just..."

"What are you doing with my daughter's phone?" Daniella's father asked.

"Umm... Dani is sleeping so..."

"So it automatically gave you permission to answer her calls?"

"No... I thought it was my phone.." Max tried to explain. "I didn't want to wake her up.."

"Wait a minute," David interrupted him. "You two are sleeping in the same bed?"

Max felt his throat getting dry and his mind going completely blank, not knowing what to say.

"Umm..."

"Answer me, young man!"

"Umm... no... yes," Max once again stuttered.

"Is it yes or no?"

"Will you kill me if I say yes?" Max nervously blurted.

Daniella slowly opened her eyes, the talking woke her up but not completely. He looked up at Max, her eyes barely opened as she was trying not to let the light chase away her sleep.

"What is going on?" She mumbled.

"It's... it's your dad," Max replied.

"Why is he calling you?"

"Is that Daniella? She is awake?" David asked.

"Tell him I love him and I will call him later," Daniella said before closing her eyes again and turning to the other side, leaving Max to deal with her dad.

"Umm... she went back to sleep, Sir," Max replied. "And wanted me to tell you that she... she loves you and she will call you later," he felt and sounded awkward while saying that.

David chuckled on the other end, enjoying making Max nervous.

"Tell her I love her too, and if she doesn't call me back in two hours I will ruin your vacation," David warned Max.