123

"Take it off. Take it off. Take it off!"

"Will you stop undressing me right in front of your family home?" Max protested, slightly raising his voice and expressing his nervousness. "Your dad can come out any second."

"We are in the car you idiot," Daniella pointed out. "And I am not undressing you. I am just trying to take off your tie."

She once again attempted to remove the tie from around Max's neck but remained unsuccessful.

"Your dad said to wear a tie," Max explained. He once again had the unfortunate pleasure of talking to Daniella's father a couple of days ago and was given a few instructions. As much as Max hates it he wants her family to like it so he decided to oblige.

"He was joking, Max," Daniella replied. "And honestly, you look ridiculous with the tie."

"But your dad..."

"He will make fun of you if he sees you like this."

Max looked defeated as he let out a deep breath.

"Fine... take it off," He gave in.

Daniella kissed his cheek and slowly took off the tie.

"It will be fine," She assured him as she fixed the collar of his shirt.

"What if they don't like me? Or they don't let me stay..." Max voiced his concerns, while also trying to control his nerves.

"Hey, hey..." Daniella cupped his face and made him look at her. "You already met Jenna and Collins and they both love you. I am sure Lauren and Artem will also like you a lot. And dad... he will warm up to you."

"But..."

"And if they don't let you stay there we will go to a hotel," She assured him.

"You will go with me?" Max mumbled, taken aback by her suggestion.

"Yes," Daniella nodded as she gave a soft smile. "But I am certain it won't come to that."

Max nodded as he let out a deep breath, feeling a little more confident.

"Okay... I can do this," He said to himself as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "Just don't leave me alone with your dad, okay?"

"Okay," Daniella smiled before pulling him into a kiss.

***

Daniella really didn't want to leave Max alone with her dad but Lauren, her elder sister dragged her away to help prepare for lunch.

Max cautiously and slowly looked at David, Daniella's father, and immediately looked away as he was already glaring at him. He awkwardly cleared his throat and drank his water.

"What happened to the tie I asked you to wear?" David asked the Red Bull driver.

"Umm... I did wear it but Dani made me take it off," Max replied as he slightly shifted in his seat.

"So you listen to her words over me?"

"No.. No it's not like that.." Max tried to explain. "She said I looked ridiculous and..."

Daniella felt bad for Max as she listened to the conversation from the kitchen. She even sneaked to see if Max was still breathing.

"I need a favor," She looked at her brother-in-law, Artem who was helping her in the kitchen as well since Lauren had to go take care of their daughter.

"I am not making the dessert," Artem immediately replied. "I suck at it and..."

"No, not that," Daniella interrupted. "I need you to go and join Max and Dad out there. Maybe take them out in the backyard and..."