118

It was the last race before the summer break and Daniella was more than excited for multiple reasons. Even though she loves racing she can't wait to enjoy an entire month away from the race track and from the media's eyes.

"Please don't run away before the meeting," Myra begged the driver who was getting ready to go out for the drivers' parade. "It will only take about half an hour and..."

"I won't.." Daniella assured the PR manager. "I won't run away. I promise." However, she was more than sure that there is a good chance that the meeting might end in chaos. After all Toto and Christian in a room is not a good idea.

"Thank you," Myra sounded relieved. "And I already talked to Max's PR last night and went through everything so there shouldn't be any surprises."

"You sound as if Max and I will follow the rules if we don't agree with it," Daniella chuckled.

Myra can't help but give Daniella an annoyed look. She knows the driver very well and is more than certain she will end up breaking the rules set for PR management.

***

As soon as the race started Carlos tried to take the lead away from Daniella but the Mercedes driver was quick to get ahead and defend her position. While Max and Lewis were slowly moving up the grid, Daniella led the race will both the Ferraris behind her.

"Tyres are still good," Daniella informed through the radio after both the Ferraris pitted, letting her race engineer know that they can go a few more laps.

After a few more laps when Lewis moved up to P2, Daniella came into the pit lane to change her tyres, giving her teammate the lead.

She came out right behind Charles and ahead of Max who was already fighting to move up to P3. The crowd got more excited by the three drivers challenging each other. At one point Max almost had contact with the Mercedes, causing Toto Wolff and Christian Horner to freak out.

***

Daniella did one more pitstop with only fifteen laps to go and came out on medium tyres. Max was lead while Lewis was second. She came out in P6, ahead of the McLaren of Lando, and then had to move up once again.

Once Carlos and Charles went for another pitstop it became easy for Daniella to move up. After a brief battle with the second Red Bull, she was in P3 and both she and her teammate had a good pace and there were no team orders.

Daniella went after Lewis who was prepared to defend his position. As she started putting pressure on her teammate it started to lightly rain but there was no time for another pitstop for anyone as the chequered flag was only a few laps away.

It was a wheel-to-wheel battle between the Mercedes and in every corner, Daniella almost overtook Lewis but failed many times. Toto was at the edge of his seat, rooting for both of them but also praying the most unfortunate doesn't happen.

Daniella finally managed to overtake Lewis and sent out an appreciation message on the radio. Max was at least six seconds ahead of her and even though she pushed the car to its limit she knew it won't be possible to catch up to him before the chequered flag.

However, luck was on Daniella's side and due to the ran the Red Bull spun, costing him a couple of seconds and giving Daniella the chance to get close. Max almost instantly regained control but Daniella managed to overtake him.

***

"Amazing, amazing race Daniella," Toto happily cheered after Daniella crossed the chequered flag ahead of Max, winning the Hungarian Grand Prix.