113

"Max, please calm down," Daniella tried to keep her voice soft as rage grew inside her boyfriend, his emotions were visible on his face and in his eyes.

After a bit of hesitation, Daniella told Max about the flowers Carlos sent her today. It was not something he expected to hear when he visited her and was in the mood to spend some domestic time with her. Even though he is glad Daniella told him, he can't help but get extremely angry. Carlos has tried everything to take Daniella away from Max and the former is worried that the Ferrari driver will once again cause issues in the relationship.

"Don't..don't tell me to calm down," Max almost raised his voice. "He once again crossed the line.."

"I know.." Daniella replied.

"And he mentioned that he loves you?" Max's fists were tightly closed, knuckles turning white. If Carlos was there in front of him he would have punched him or worse without a second thought.

"Listen to me.." Daniella cupped his face gently and made him look at her. "He means nothing to me...no matter what he does, my feelings for you are not going to change."

Max's jaw clenched but his stern face slightly softened. He put his hand on top of Daniella's and gave it a little squeeze.

"I love you Dani..and I don't want you to lose you again," he voiced his vulnerability. "And I don't want anyone to take you away from me, especially by someone like Carlos."

"You are not going to," she assured him before placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"But I can't let him keep doing all this," Max once again started to get angry. "He needs to know that you are mine."

"Don't..please don't do anything," Daniella begged him. "I know you will lose control and end up doing something that will get you in trouble, and I really don't want that."

"But he..."

"Promise me, Max," Daniella begged him. "There are already too many eyes on us..one wrong step and you will be in trouble...please promise me."

Max's eyes could clearly see how worried Daniella was.

"I promise," he reluctantly said, to keep Daniella some peace.

***

Daniella was not happy with the car and her performance in FP1 and FP2. She felt like there could have been more pace and that she could have performed a bit better.

"You seem worried," Nyck de Vries, the Mercedes reserve driver, and Daniella's friend pointed out. "Is it because you are not making any progress in learning Dutch or because of your performance?"

"Both.." Daniella huffed as they both took their seat in the debrief room, sitting next to each other. The rest of the team is yet to come in. "And because of something else."

"It is Max?" Nyck asked in a low tone as he knows about the relationship.

Daniella tiredly shook her head. The rest of the team soon started entering the room and took their places.

"You look like you are dying," Toto bluntly joked as soon as he saw Daniella. A few people chuckled and laughed.

"It's the heat," Daniella replied. It's no secret that she hates the hot weather and prefers the rain or cool weather.

"George would never complain like this. He still looks alive and energetic," Toto joked once again, knowing it will get under Daniella's skin.

"Does Susie knows that you have a thing for George?" Daniella countered.