25

"Does she play golf?" Carlos asked Lando as he swung his golf club. He looked at his friend and former teammate for an answer but Lando was too busy watching where the ball landed. 

"Who? Dani?" Lando asked as he noticed Carlos looking at him, waiting for an answer. 

Carlos smiled and nodded. 

"Nah.. I mean she plays golf when I drag her to it but she really sucks at it," Lando replied. "You won't believe how bad she is at golf."

"So what does she like to do?" Carlos asked. 

Lando thought for a few seconds as he mentally noted all the things Daniella likes to do in her free time. 

"Well…she loves to swim, and recently got into surfing," Lando replied. "And she loves to cook, and…"

"Can we go now?" Daniel Ricciardo yelled from a distance. He regrets tagging along with Lando and Carlos, even after they warned him that he might get bored. Turns out they were right. 

"No, not yet," Lando yelled back. He expressed his annoyance to Carlos but the Ferrari driver only chuckled. 

"Do you think if I ask her out on a date she will say yes?" Carlos asked. 

"Why would you want to ask her out?" Lando frowned. "She is one of the most annoying person I know."

"Just answer the question."

"I don't know…after what happened with Pierre last year she said that she is never going to date another driver," Lando replied honestly. 

The smile on Carlos' face disappeared. 

"But if you really want to ask her out then…" His eyes fell on Daniel walking towards them. 

"Then? Then what?" Carlos asked. 

"Then try to know her better first," Lando suggested. "She won't open up to you unless she knows she can completely trust you…maybe after that she will go on a date with you."

Carlos nodded as he felt hopeful, but surprised that Lando gave good advice. 

"Let me ask you something, on a scale of one to ten, how much do you like Daniella?" Lando asked. 

"I would say an eleven," Carlos smiled as he looked away, his mind immediately went to the girl they were talking about. 

"Then you will also have to make her realize that you like her, because she is the most oblivious person I have ever known," Lando advised. 

"Really?" Carlos raised his eyebrows. 

Lando nodded. 

"Sometimes I wonder if she is blind or something," Lando added. "George was crushing on her for years but she never saw it, even after he made it very obvious…and I figured it out recently after getting into the relationship with Luisa…which makes me think, maybe I am also oblivious to a lot of things…" His trial of thoughts went off track. 

"Lando," Carlos snapped him out of his thoughts. "Can we go back to me and Daniella and how I can ask her out?"

"You are asking Dani out on a date?" Daniel interrupted the two. 

"Uhh.." Carlos didn't know how to respond. 

"Yeah, he likes her," Lando said without giving much thought, only realizing his mistake when Carlos glared at him. 

"You..you can't ask her out," Daniel said as he looked at Carlos. 

"Why not?" Carlos let out a confused laugh. "She is single and…"

"What if someone else likes her?" Daniel tried to reason with him. 

"I don't think that's any of my concern," Carlos politely said. 

"But what if someone really likes her but doesn't know it yet," Daniel looked like he was panicking and was conflicted. 

"Like I said, that's not my problem," Carlos once again politely replied, but left like he really needed to work on his feelings fast otherwise he might lose his chance with Daniella. 

"Who is the guy you are talking about?" Lando asked his teammate as he was getting very curious. 

"No one," Daniel replied as he realized that he acted with thinking. "Absolutely no one…I was just…I don't know what I was talking about," He shot a smile towards Carlos, not wanting to seem rude. 

Carlos was not convinced, but he meant what he said, he is not concerned with someone else's feelings for Daniella. 

"Can we go now?" Daniel asked. 

"No," Lando and Carlos replied at the same time. 

**********

A/N: No Dani in this chapter but... CARLANDO ft honey badger

Why do I always complicate things? 😭😭 I could have easily made a simple love story with minimum drama, BUT NO, I had to go and make things messy😰

Question, if Max and Carlos were not the love interest then who would you prefer Dani to end up with?