103

After spending two peaceful and calm days with her family Daniella finally landed in Austria for the next race. While she was still with her family Carlos called her once from Maranello, apologizing for his behavior, and even though Daniella forgave him she didn't talk to him much, mostly because she was enjoying the relaxing time at home and also because she wanted to set some boundaries. She felt selfish for disregarding Carlos' feelings and emotions but has also come to the realization that continuing a relationship that is more than a decent friendship will do more harm than good for both of them.

"Red looks good on you," Charles said to Daniella as he joined her and pointed at the red coat she was wearing.

"If you want you can have it," Daniella chuckled as they both entered the paddock together.

"No, I won't look as good as you in that coat," Charles replied. "But if you love red that much then maybe you will give a thought about replacing my teammate and joining Ferrari."

Daniella looked at her friend with an amused look, trying to hold her smile of disbelief.

"You are still mad at Carlos, huh?" she asked in a low voice, not wanting anyone else to hear their topic of conversation.

"I can't help it," Charles confessed as he let out a deep breath. "Did you feel this way when you were Max's teammate?"

Daniella shook her head but gave it more thought. Her days at Red Bull were not that bad, in fact, they were good until the team principal ruined it and she made the decision to leave the team.

"It was...it was not like what you are currently facing," Daniella replied as Charles looked at her, genuinely interested in her answer. "Max and I were never in competition with each other. I mean we were when there was not much of a difference between our points. But when he was leading I did my best for the team and helped him, and when I was leading the championship he did everything he could to keep both the Mercedes behind."

Charles nodded, understanding her explanation, and also felt a sense of envy. For years he had stood by the team and performed as best as he could but the last race and how the team handled their strategy made him question anything.

"Hey.." Daniella softly said and immediately gained Charles' attention back. "It's okay to act selfishly sometimes, especially when you know that you can perform better or have more pace and can win."

Charles looked a bit confused for a couple of seconds as Daniella's words engraved in his brain.

"Are you defending Carlos or advising me?"

***

Daniella was sitting between Alex Albon and George Russell during the media conference. She was busy talking to Alex about his pets as Valtteri and Daniel answered the question that was thrown at them by the reporters. George rolled his eyes as he was feeling left out, thinking it was not a good idea to seat at the very end and maybe he should have sat between Alex and Daniella.

"This question is for George and Dani," one of the reporters said, gaining the attention of all the five drivers. "We all know the silly season is approaching soon, are there any talks going on with other teams, or any offers?"

Daniel, Valtteri, and Alex shared a look. All three of them know what happened between Daniella and George and how their friendship fell apart after Toto choose and helped Daniella get the seat that was promised to George.

They all knew it was a question asked for the sole purpose of creating tension and controversy.

Daniella looked at George and he gave her a glance before picking up his microphone as everyone in the room looked at them, waiting for the replies.