35

After hours of complaining, watching movies, playing games on her mobile, Daniella finally landed in Melbourne. She was the first one to run out of the plane, making everyone in there laugh. 

"You are so dramatic," Myra laughed as she joined Daniella. 

"I am not dramatic," Daniella sounded offended. "I am just a poor human who was bored to death inside the plane."

"Like I said, dramatic," Myra huffed. "Come on, stand there and look excited, I need to take a photo and post it."

Daniella pouted but posed with her luggage in front of the plane, making a silly face which earned a tired glare from Myra. 

"Dani please," Myra pleaded. 

"Okay, okay," Daniella gave in and smiled properly, showing her excitement for the Australian grand prix. 

"Perfect," Myra said as she clicked a couple of photos. 

"Let me see," Daniella hurried to her side to see the photos. "I don't look in the last one," She pointed out. "Take another one."

"You look fine," Myra rolled her eyes. "Besides, you are only going to post just one photo."

"Still…" Daniella pouted. "The last one made me look very unflattering. Just take one last photo, please?" She gave Myra an innocent look. 

"Ugh! Fine," Myra gave in. 

***

Earlier Daniella received a vague text from Daniel that later the day she might receive something and requested her to promote it. She was very confused but it was all cleared up when a bottle of the latest edition of Daniel's wine and a glass shaped as a shoe was sent to her hotel room. 

"Taking advantage of my popularity, Ricciardo?" Daniella said as soon as Daniel answered the video call. 

"Hey, you promote brands for money, I think you can do this simple thing for a friend," Daniel argued. 

"Okay but why the shoe glass?" Daniel asked, she has been wondering about it since she saw it. 

"So that everyone can do a shoey," Daniel replied, showing her his signature bright smile. 

"At least you didn't send me one of your actual shoes," Daniella muttered. 

"Come on, I know you enjoyed the shoey last year," Daniel teased her. 

"Nope, I hated it," Daniella replied. "I am never doing it again."

Daniel let out a laugh and shot her a challenging look. Daniella heard a woman's voice calling Daniel and she gave him a teasing look. 

"Is that Heidi?" Daniella asked. 

"Yeah," Daniel nodded, a light shade of red appeared on his cheeks. "I brought her to meet my family."

"Aww! Look at you blushing," Daniella teased him. "Never thought I was going to see Daniel Ricciardo blush."

"Okay stop that," Daniel pointed an accusing finger at her. "You will be blushing the same way when you take your boyfriend to meet you family and at that time I will call Max and tease the hell out of you."

"Why would you call Max?" Daniella got confused. 

"Umm no reason," Daniel's eyes slightly. "Listen I got to go, my girlfriend needs my attention, if you know what I mean," Daniel smirked, trying to hide his mistake and slip of tongue. 

"Ugh! Daniel," Daniella expressed her disgust, making Daniel laugh. "I really didn't need to know that."

"Oh grow up," Daniel laughed. "I really have to go but please promote the wine or…or I will post the video of you singing horribly after the Monaco Grand Prix last year."

"You told me you deleted that video," Daniella's eyes went wide. 

"I lied," Daniel smiled. "So get to work Dani."

"I hate you Ricciardo."

***

"Why did you have to pick the zoo?" Daniella asked Mick as soon as she saw him at the hotel lobby, patiently waiting for her. 

"Because zoos are fun," Mick replied in an obvious tone as they both started heading out. 

"And when did you start not shaving?" Daniella pointed at his slightly unshaven face. 

"Since my sister told me I look like a teenager when I shave," Mick explained as he touched his cheek. 

Daniella let out a laugh. 

"And since when did you start dressing cute?" Mick pointed at her outfit. 

"What do you mean?" Daniella straightened her floral printed dress. "I always look good."

"No, you either look hot or like a homeless person," Mick chuckled. "But today you look cute. Excited to see the snakes?" He teased her. 

"No no," Daniella argued. "Don't talk about snakes, in fact don't even say anything that starts with the letter S, and we are most certainly not seeing the…snakes today," Daniella expressed her fear. 

"Oh yes we are," Mick smirked. 

Daniella regretted her decision to join Mick for the zoo visit. 

**********

A/N: No Max but we got Daniel and Mick😅

Maybe there will be some Dani x Max or Dani x Carlos content in the next chapter

Am I posting too many unnecessary scenes?

Which friendship is better: Dani and Mick, Dani and Lando, Dani and Esteban, Dani and Daniel, Dani and Max, or Dani and Lewis? 😅😅😅