38

"FIA reinstated the no jewelry rule while racing, what are your thoughts about that Daniella?" The interviewer asked the Mercedes driver as she sat among the four other drivers for the media conference.

"Well...I never wear any sort of jewelry when I am in my car so I have no issue with the rule," Daniella replied.

"Are you not much of a jewelry person?" Carlos asked, taking the opportunity to know her a little better.

"Oh I am a huge jewelry person," Daniella smiled. "But I am somewhat paranoid that if something unfortunate happens while racing then having any sort of jewelry on might cause some sort of injury," she let out a small awkward laugh.

Carlos smiled and nodded, understanding her concern.

"But she won't say no to a nice piece of jewelry as a gift," Esteban commented, giving Daniella a knowing look.

"If you are implying about my last birthday then I would like to remind you again that you were confused about what to give me for a gift even though I said I don't need anything," Daniella pointed out, making the driver chuckled.

"Yeah but how can I not give you anything when you gave me like ten presents for my birthday," Esteban argued with a smile on his face.

"Ten?" Max chipped in. "Do you want me to tell everyone what you gave me for my birthday last year?" Max teased her.

Daniella sheepishly shook her head with a playful smile on her face, knowing full well Max won't expose her.

"Well, I got a nice bottle of whiskey from her so I am not going to complain," Fernando added.

"Can we just talk about how an FIA rule related question turned about what I gifted everyone?" Daniella commented, giving the interviewer a playful look.

"Maybe it's because you are always the star of the room.." Carlos said confidently yet a hint of shyness was on his face.

Daniella's face turned a light shade of red as she smiled at him.

"I blame Esteban for it so..." Max shrugged, earning a few laughs.

***

Daniella checked her phone as soon as she walked out of the room and under the open sky after the media conference was over. She quickly replied to a couple of texts before she felt a presence next to her.

"So you are going to Daniel's party after the race, right?" Carlos asked with his usual warm smile towards her.

"Yeah.." Daniella smiled and nodded. "I am really looking forward to it."

"Me too.." Carlos suddenly felt a bit nervous. "I was thinking maybe...would you like to go to the party with me?"

Daniella looked at him, the smile was still there but so was a look of surprise on her face. She was completely aware that he is trying to ask her out but she is not sure how to properly react or answer.

"Umm..I would..." Daniella stuttered.

"Actually she and I are going together," Max interrupted them, looking uninterested but feeling an unfamiliar emotion on the inside.

Daniella felt a bit relieved but also a bit disappointed and nervous, not sure why.

The hopeful look on Carlos' face disappeared and he clenched his jaw, feeling a bit jealous.

"As friends..we are going as just friends," Daniella clarified as she look back at Carlos.

"Oh okay," Carlos smiled, ignoring Max. "Then I am looking forward to seeing you at the party," he smirked. "I am sure I can show you a good time there."

"I doubt that.." Max mumbled as he rolled his eyes.

Daniella subtly hit him but still, Carlos noticed.

"I will hold on to that.." Daniella politely replied.

Carlos smiled and nodded. He shot a glare at Max before walking away.

"What is the matter with you?" Daniella scolded Max as she hit him.

"Ow!" Max flinched. "What was that for?"

"You were rude to Carlos."

"No I wasn't."

***

After free practice was over Daniella was pulled away for interviews by Myra, as usual Daniella tried to escape but didn't succeed thanks to Lewis.

"If I am going to go around answering stupid questions then you are also going to do the same," Lewis said as he pushed Daniella towards an interviewer before leaving her.

"I hate him," Daniella sarcastically said, making the interviewer and the camera man laugh.

After answering a few questions she was joined by Max which is always a treat for the media.

"How is the Mercedes tractor working Dani?" Max teased before he sipped his Red Bull.

"How does it feel to look at the back of the Ferrari the entire time?" Daniella shot back.

"Cute," Max sarcastically said as he pulled her cheeks. "But the pace of Merc is still as slow as a tractor."

"And this is why I left Red Bull," Daniella pointed at max as she looked at the camera.

"Are..are you two...is it safe to say that the former teammates are no longer friends and are now rivals?" the interviewer asked, hoping to expose the rivalry.

"Oh yeah, we hate each other now," Daniella sarcastically replied.

"Couldn't stand her," Max smiled as he put his arm around Daniella's shoulder, confusing the interviewer.

Max and Daniella shared a look, both finding the situation funny.

"Excuse me," Lewis said as he breaks up the former teammate and stood between them. "I believe it's my turn now."

Daniella shot him a look but Lewis just shrugged, acting innocent.

Max rolled his eyes at the immatureness.

**********

A/N: Does anyone else feels that this week is moving too slowly? And the Australia GP schedule is really not helping.

 Team Max or team Carlos? 

Who is going to catch feelings first: Max, Carlos, or Dani? 

Thoughts on immature Lewis?

What do you guys think about a rivalry between Max and Dani?

Also, I really want to thank you guys for the kind and encouraging comments and messages, it means a lot to me :)