54

"Sorry I declined your call earlier," Daniella said as soon as Max answered her call and appeared on the screen. "I was working on the sim."

Judging by his look and the background Daniella can tell that he was running.

"That's why I didn't call you again," Max chuckled. "Don't you think you are working too hard?"

"We need to collect as much data as we can," Daniella replied.

"Come back to Red Bull," Max joked, but on the inside, he was a little bit serious. "Our car is fast and you don't have to spend all your free days on the sim."

"It is fast but what about reliability?" Daniella joked back. "I don't want the car to just die when I am just two laps away from winning a race."

"Ouch!" Max pretended to be hurt.

Daniella smiled, knowing there was truth in her words.

"And when are you going to New York?" Max asked as he ran his fingers through his hair and leaned on the nearby wall.

"Tomorrow," Daniella replied. "But I am so nervous."

"You will be fine," Max shrugged. "It's just a gala."

"It's not just a gala Max," Daniella replied. "It's the Met Gala. There are going to be a lot of people, a lot of cameras."

"You spend half the time in front of cameras," Max pointed out.

Daniella rolled her eyes. A knock on the door interrupted them. She silently asked Max to stay quiet as she opened the door.

"You have to be on set in ten minutes," A crew member from the media team politely told her.

"Yeah, I will be there," Daniella shot a smile. "Just let me get changed."

The crew member nodded and walked away and the driver closed the door.

"Sorry, I have to go..." She looked back at Max and put the phone down and leaned it against the wall so that they could still see each other as she changed into her Mercedes shirt. "They are making me and Lewis film a Q and A video... neither one of us wants to do it."

Max let out a laugh but his eyes remained on Daniella. He knows very well how much she hates media duties.

"By the way, I am going to need the details of where you are staying in New York," Max said as Daniella quickly fixed her hair.

"Why?" She immediately looked at him, feeling a bit suspicious. "Please don't think about paying a surprise visit," She softly said.

"Why would I do that?" Max sounded a bit offended. "I am not an idiot Dani." Both know their secret, slowly moving relationship will be exposed if they are not careful and act recklessly. "Just give me the details and don't overthink."

"Fine," Daniella smiled. "I will text you as soon as I get there..."

"Dani, let's go," Lewis loudly knocked on the door before making his way to the set.

"I have to go," She said.

"I will see you in Miami," Max smiled and waved.

Daniella quickly blew him a kiss before ending the call.

***

"Thank you," Daniella politely smiled at the makeup artist who retouched her make and slightly fixed her hair.

"Why don't you talk this politely to me or Toto?" Lewis asked, getting himself ready to ask Daniella questions as they already finished the first round where she asked the questions and he answered.